ADVERTISEMENT

Ledford at Providence Grove

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Well....

So far, the Patriots have played the role of "Little Mac" in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Each week, their opponents have gotten progressively harder. However, they take a significant step up this Friday.

Ledford and their bruiser of a RB are rolling into town. PG has had some awful luck against the Panthers the last couple of years. Maybe this time "Lady Luck" will be on the Patriot side.

Well......

It definitely was a dark and stormy night.......for PG. Once the motorcycles exited the stadium, Ledford flat went to work. On the Patriots first drive, Ledford knocked PG's QB out of the ballgame. Patriots had to use their backup the rest of the way.

Starter or backup, I don't think it would've mattered either way. Ledford and Alex Sanford spent the first half softening up the right side of the PG defense. Sanford looked like the reincarnation of Earl Campbell. I lost count of the number of PG defenders he ran over/dragged.

Once Sanford established his dominance, QB Shay Ragland started doing a pretty good Russell Wilson imitation. He ran for a TD, threw for a TD, threw for another TD. He's very fun to watch.

Believe it or not, neither Sanford nor Ragland was the Panther I was most impressed with. That honor belongs to DT Sean Shively. Shively spent the entire game bulldozing random PG lineman. He executed an awesome judo throw on one guy in the third quarter. Panthers had two other guys on the line that were huge. Ledford just destroyed PG in the trenches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT