ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins the 2A and 2AA title

You and your friend swo_05 sure say the same things....is this you friend?!! :p:D

Never met the guy. But sure as hell respect him. ED is a powerhouse program, one that is respected throughout the state. Respect is earned not given. It's every year we hear from you guys up there hyping up a team who plays cupcakes every year.

Please look at Hibritens schedule this year. It makes Reidsville's schedule look like an SEC West schedule. I'm not sure Reidsville has a team to go back to the finals.
The biggest question marks we had coming into this season were QB an O line. I think the QB had been much better than expected . The O Line continues to improve.
I don't take away from Shelby, SWO, Randleman, Eastern Randolph, Northeastern or any other program.
I will be willing to bet regardless of schedule, Highbriten hasn't played as good of a schedule as Reidsville. Maxpreps, Simmons Ratings or any other schedule ranking system will agree. I'm NOT taking away from how good they may be and we'll never them up btw
I agree 100% that Hibritens schedule is extremely weak and that's why I can see a team like South Point knocking them off. As many good teams as there are in this area it's ridiculous that they continue to play against those county schools. I get that they're rival games but you're not getting any better beating the breaks off west and south Caldwell every year. Regarding the Rams future schedule, if I were you guys I'd push to add a team like Dudley to the schedule and I'd really like to see you guys and Thomasville get a series going.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I agree 100% that Hibritens schedule is extremely weak and that's why I can see a team like South Point knocking them off. As many good teams as there are in this area it's ridiculous that they continue to play against those county schools. I get that they're rival games but you're not getting any better beating the breaks off west and south Caldwell every year. Regarding the Rams future schedule, if I were you guys I'd push to add a team like Dudley to the schedule and I'd really like to see you guys and Thomasville get a series going.
Give us a couple more years before the ‘Dogs play Reidsville, Wolf. Not ready for that yet. Hopefully we’ll get there. Lots of respect for the Reidsville program.

JM Robinson and Newton Conover were supposed to be our challenging games. We have to play South and West so no getting around that and our conference sucks. Next year we are supposed to pick up Alexander Central so that will help.

Last edited:

We used to play thomasville in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Dudley and reidsville both want a series hope it happens

Reactions: Chopper747
WTF??? A team like south point? South point could beat most if not all of the teams in this area. I agree that these "county rival" games are not even worth playing, however they do bring large gates, and through most normal years, can be somewhat competitive. I think you must realize that these last few hibriten teams have been exceptions to the norm. I also would question just whom should they play in the area, due to most teams being up and down so much. Most all contracts are for two year terms, newton was good last year, this year they are not, as well as jm robinson. Next year hibriten is "down" and the schedule will not look that much different, games will be closer and hibriten will loose some games. Still hibriten chooses to scrimmage the south points, and crests of the world and i know hibriten fans would love to get to play shelby, or maybe lincolnton, but if we had both of those are down, to standards, this year. In my opinion we need to be in a different conference, might be good for football but not for other sports. Hibriten does not dominate the conference in all sports, not even close, so its all give and take, we just see it from a fan standpoint, and for most of us its all about football.
I agree 100% that Hibritens schedule is extremely weak and that's why I can see a team like South Point knocking them off. As many good teams as there are in this area it's ridiculous that they continue to play against those county schools. I get that they're rival games but you're not getting any better beating the breaks off west and south Caldwell every year. Regarding the Rams future schedule, if I were you guys I'd push to add a team like Dudley to the schedule and I'd really like to see you guys and Thomasville get a series going.[/QUOTE

SWO won many titles throwing the ball 12 or less times total all season??? Not sure what your getting at??

..and how long ago was that? What happen this decade? Furthermore they play in a region where almost everyone runs all the time, but the last time swo sniffed a title what happend?

Reactions: eglfan
Reidsville goes through this year in and year out of we don’t play anyone your conference is cupcake. But we’re always in the semifinals or state championship. What sense do it make to go and schedule the Mallard Creeks, and Charlotte Catholics of high school football. When your teams has mostly two way players and these big elite 4A schools has one way players. When a 2A school lose a player to injury is usually a lost at two positions. No way can schools with 2 way starters stay healthy playing a brutal schedule week in and week out against powerhouse 3AA and 4/4AA schools. The goal is to win states at your level not play the toughest non conference schedule you can find so you can beat your chest then come conference play and playoffs and you have three or four 2 way starters out because of injuries from having to play all 4 qtrs every week.

You have a point, this happened to Shelby last year with RH South Pointe on the schedule when they had an already tough schedule to begin with. Previous years they had 3AA depth for a 2A school, but last year they didn't have the same depth and the injuries got them at the end.

We have a team that can go back to the finals, but to me inexperience could do us in if anything. I don't think our schedule is as bad as people make it out to be. It could be better yes. We don't have anyone in our area to help back us up, so it makes it look worse.

Did Reidsville used to schedule Dudley or Page at anytime. I can't remember if they ever did or not. Just curious

JM Robinson and Newton Conover were supposed to be are challenging games. We have to play South and West so no getting around that and our conference sucks. Next year we are supposed to pick up Alexander Central so that will help.

What about Asheville or AC Reynolds or Erwin, or one of the Forsyth schools? They are not far. If they can schedule Butler, I'm sure they could get one of those.

I wish we played Watauga or Freedom nonconference both throw the ball some and are pretty decent year in and year out and they are not too far away.
Freedom has the same problem having to play 3 in county games as nonconference.

Reactions: Chopper747 and BL1
Did Reidsville used to schedule Dudley or Page at anytime. I can't remember if they ever did or not. Just curious

Not recently but way back in the day. We’ve played everyone of note but them. We have Eastern Guilford and high point central on the schedule next year

Reactions: Chopper747
HHS graduated 17 seniors off the 16’ team and look what happened last year! Yes we won’t have Gee next year or Jones or Thomas or .... but we will reload we have a ton of backs we have a huge line for next year and a better prospect at qb so still gonna win 9 games or more and give someone fits in playoffs. Call it down if you want to but I remember 0-10 not to long ago!

..and how long ago was that? What happen this decade? Furthermore they play in a region where almost everyone runs all the time, but the last time swo sniffed a title what happend?

We won a title a few years ago brother? Lost in the title game the next year?? Don't get your feelings hurt. You don't have to pass the ball to win a title, just stating the facts. But carry on

HHS graduated 17 seniors off the 16’ team and look what happened last year! Yes we won’t have Gee next year or Jones or Thomas or .... but we will reload we have a ton of backs we have a huge line for next year and a better prospect at qb so still gonna win 9 games or more and give someone fits in playoffs. Call it down if you want to but I remember 0-10 not to long ago!

Yea i dont think we see those days for a while to come especially in this conference

We won a title a few years ago brother? Lost in the title game the next year?? Don't get your feelings hurt. You don't have to pass the ball to win a title, just stating the facts. But carry on

When was the last time SWO won a title this decade between 2010 and now? Be specific

Reactions: eglfan
Everybody is forgetting Wrh I promise u this if u think it's gonna be easy beating them as the season winds down it's gonna be hard they are getting healthy at the right time. And the d will be better . Young players make key mistakes we have alot of that but they gonna clean all that up before the new season starts for the ship not saying they gonna win it but I am saying they could be dangerous come playoff time..Well See!!

When was the last time SWO won a title this decade between 2010 and now? Be specific

Last year because it how brackets were configured swo made it to the regional finals but was beat 49-7 by WRH. NHS lost to WRH in regional semis in 52-63 shoot out. Everyone has said that the real eastern regional final was the NHS vs WRH game. Not taking anything from anyone, just stating facts.

Last year because it how brackets were configured swo made it to the regional finals but was beat 49-7 by WRH. NHS lost to WRH in regional semis in 52-63 shoot out. Everyone has said that the real eastern regional final was the NHS vs WRH game. Not taking anything from anyone, just stating facts.

LoL how is an opinion a fact dude ? LoL wow you're on a good one. The real eastern final was SWO vs WRH. But the question was WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME SWO WON A STATE TITLE which was 2012. You honestly think the state made the bracket and said "Man let's give SWO the easiest path to the eastern final" like are you serious dude???? SWO played who they put infront of them. WRH lost their conference which was to ED, hence the lower seed they got. Hence the reason they had to go to NE (the higher seed) to play. Hence the reason why they came to SWO in the eastern finals. Do you follow that? Man I wonder, do you even follow football? Or are you new to this?

Ya forgot one 05

2017 regional finals

2012 state champs
2013 state runners up
2014 regional finals

Reading comprehension is fundamental. Championship does not equal regionals or runner up.
And I did say after 2010, 005 is before 2010. Maybe that's why offenses out east are so vanilla, people can't seem to follow simple directions out there. j/k....kinda

Ok.. Time to end this thread.... I got it on good authority Pisgah is taking it all!! Just check out the Pisgah smoky thread you non believers.

Reading comprehension is fundamental. Championship does not equal regionals or runner up.
And I did say after 2010, 005 is before 2010. Maybe that's why offenses out east are so vanilla, people can't seem to follow simple directions out there. j/k....kinda

LoL dude he was referring to my name (SWO 05) we refer to each other as our screen names. Believe me we know when we won a state title

LoL how is an opinion a fact dude ? LoL wow you're on a good one. The real eastern final was SWO vs WRH. But the question was WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME SWO WON A STATE TITLE which was 2012. You honestly think the state made the bracket and said "Man let's give SWO the easiest path to the eastern final" like are you serious dude???? SWO played who they put infront of them. WRH lost their conference which was to ED, hence the lower seed they got. Hence the reason they had to go to NE (the higher seed) to play. Hence the reason why they came to SWO in the eastern finals. Do you follow that? Man I wonder, do you even follow football? Or are you new to this?

Hey doofus I said the way the brackets were configured, I didn’t say anything about them giving you anything...geez! It sounds to me like that is your thinking not mine lol!!! You know the truth...you should’ve never been in the eastern final.

Hey doofus I said the way the brackets were configured, I didn’t say anything about them giving you anything...geez! It sounds to me like that is your thinking not mine lol!!! You know the truth...you should’ve never been in the eastern final.

LoL man your crazy. I'm done with your lame excuses to why NE is over rated. SWO was in the eastern finals NE wasnt, pretty plain and simple clown

LoL man your crazy. I'm done with your lame excuses to why NE is over rated. SWO was in the eastern finals NE wasnt, pretty plain and simple clown

But you know swo didn’t deserve to be there....you’re just not going to admit it...that’s pretty lame lol.

Last edited:
But you know swo didn’t deserve to be there....you’re just not going to admit it...that’s pretty lame lol.

SWO deserved as much to be there as WRH. Both teams bear who they played in the playoffs man

Every team that wins a Championship WINS their way there. There are some heart-breakers along the way, but it's not cool to take that away from the kids!

You’re exactly right. I’m not trying to take anything from the kids but if someone is up here constantly minimizing other kids (nhs) they will get what they give and be called out. It’s tiring seeing one person say day in and day out how our team sucks, they only have one player and they only win because they play cupcakes. MaxPreps will definitely slow we have more than one player doing things. It doesn’t matter who mentions nhs he insists on bashing them. Leave nhs alone and we will leave swo alone....simple as that.

You’re exactly right. I’m not trying to take anything from the kids but if someone is up here constantly minimizing other kids (nhs) they will get what they give and be called out. It’s tiring seeing one person say day in and day out how our team sucks, they only have one player and they only win because they play cupcakes. MaxPreps will definitely slow we have more than one player doing things. It doesn’t matter who mentions nhs he insists on bashing them. Leave nhs alone and we will leave swo alone....simple as that.

No one is bashing the kids, just the fans who act like your gods gift to NC highschool football. Take a seat win a few titles then you can come up here talking freely about how great you are. Until then shut up and let the kids play ball

Ok.. Time to end this thread.... I got it on good authority Pisgah is taking it all!! Just check out the Pisgah smoky thread you non believers.

Really 91 really? Smh A fella can't talk football because of the idiots on there.

Reactions: PBBear51
No one is bashing the kids, just the fans who act like your gods gift to NC highschool football. Take a seat win a few titles then you can come up here talking freely about how great you are. Until then shut up and let the kids play ball

What you just said to me applies 100% to you. You come up here running your mouth about NHS all the time before any of us fans ever said anything. We have a right to speak about team’s accomplishments just like everyone else. You sound so dumb. We win titles actually but how about you take your own advise and just shut up!

We deal with the nay-sayers and comments about our schedule. The kids can only play whoever lines up across from them. Some teams are up and some are down, it's the nature of sports. I think parents and fans get carried away, sometimes. Let's just support our teams.... That's all I'm saying.

I totally agree. We can support our team without bashing other teams. If you look back at my posts I never said anything negative about another team until our team was continuously bashed.

What you just said to me applies 100% to you. You come up here running your mouth about NHS all the time before any of us fans ever said anything. We have a right to speak about team’s accomplishments just like everyone else. You sound so dumb. We win titles actually but how about you take your own advise and just shut up!

Win titles? In what soccer and badminton??? Or women's basketball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT