ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins the 2A and 2AA title

Well i wouldnt labeling him that way yet,, Most of the stuff he says is somewhat correct, just his way of expressing his feelings. If his projections dont hold up maybe then he is, if they do hold up, then well hell,, you know what that means.
Something tells me that you and your fan base may be eating humble pie for Thanksgiving , but who knows, I have been wrong before.

I've watched Hibriten lose 5 years when they had championship caliber talent. To win a championship you either have to be head and shoulders above your competition or have the ball bounce your way a few times. Hopefully 1 or the other holds true this year.

Something tells me that you and your fan base may be eating humble pie for Thanksgiving , but who knows, I have been wrong before.

Obviously this means way more to you then it does to me, its high school football ... I have eaten alot of humble pie in my life but i be damned if i am going to eat it over high school kids playing football. And futhermore how does myself responding to your comment on one of our fans be delusional justify me needing to be humbled?

I agree, win one state championship fresh out of the 3A ranks and got bigheaded, still got 3A numbers currently.

Reactions: icardcav3
Something is lying to you!
Nah, styles makes fights as they say in boxing, if you haven’t played against the Red Bone offense much, you will struggle against it, as shown by their destruction of you guys back in ‘16. I’m definitely favoring South Point over you guys, nothing against Hibriten, but I like that potential matchup in favor of the Red Raiders.

Reactions: 1SWO
Nah, styles makes fights as they say in boxing, if you haven’t played against the Red Bone offense much, you will struggle against it, as shown by their destruction of you guys back in ‘16. I’m definitely favoring South Point over you guys, nothing against Hibriten, but I like that potential matchup in favor of the Red Raiders.
All in good fun. I do hope we both make it to the rematch!

I don't think 1000 students is 3A numbers. With the closing of 2 more factories in town, you can look for that number to drop, again.

Obviously you didnt come to that game in 16' Not only did they run it down our throats they also had a hell of a good defense as well!! Not sure our potent offense gained 100 yds that night. That was more of a surprise to me than the redbone.

Obviously you didnt come to that game in 16' Not only did they run it down our throats they also had a hell of a good defense as well!! Not sure our potent offense gained 100 yds that night. That was more of a surprise to me than the redbone.
Two years ago ain’t that long ago. Obviously, some players graduated, but there are some players that played on those teams too, and schematically, it will be the same.

South Point threw the ball a bunch against Hibriten in 2016. They ran a veer pass and threw it up to Muse. He was about 6'2" our dbs were about 5'9". They converted mutiple 3rd downs with the pass.

Reactions: 1SWO and BL1
South Point threw the ball a bunch against Hibriten in 2016. They ran a veer pass and threw it up to Muse. He was about 6'2" our dbs were about 5'9". They converted mutiple 3rd downs with the pass.
It’s all good, but some of you guys talk as if they are no longer a formidable opponent. Heck, we beat them, but I wouldn’t want to see them again. Heck, I wouldn’t be too thrilled to see East Rutherford again, either.

We all respect The Panthers, the defending state champs, but trust me, most outside of Lenoir won’t be surprised if you were to lose to The Red Raiders.

Well i wouldnt be surprised if we lost to them either,, I also would not be surprised if we win. There are schools that carry that respect factor whenever they walk onto the field and sp is one of those schools, as well as shelby. I do think however hibriten kids have that respect for these teams and in 16 maybe respected them a bit too much. I am not sure where you get that every hibriten fan on here is big headed cause the few i know on here personally are not that way. Also i would say watching these kids win a state championship last year was more humbling than any loss we have taken.

Well i wouldnt be surprised if we lost to them either,, I also would not be surprised if we win. There are schools that carry that respect factor whenever they walk onto the field and sp is one of those schools, as well as shelby. I do think however hibriten kids have that respect for these teams and in 16 maybe respected them a bit too much. I am not sure where you get that every hibriten fan on here is big headed cause the few i know on here personally are not that way. Also i would say watching these kids win a state championship last year was more humbling than any loss we have taken.

Can you please capitalize SP...... I need to be respected.;)

I do think sp is a scary draw in 2nd round for Hibriten..i think theres a really good opportunity for pisgah to make it to 3rd round where shelby in all likelihood will travel to canton..just my opinion but i see a shelby at hibriten regional final...i think 2a west is between reidsville and randleman..but dont be shocked if heritage pulls off upset at reidsville..2a east is loaded w good teams..ill call for WRH to survive and advance....

I do think sp is a scary draw in 2nd round for Hibriten..i think theres a really good opportunity for pisgah to make it to 3rd round where shelby in all likelihood will travel to canton..just my opinion but i see a shelby at hibriten regional final...i think 2a west is between reidsville and randleman..but dont be shocked if heritage pulls off upset at reidsville..2a east is loaded w good teams..ill call for WRH to survive and advance....
Bro I agree with you about west final hilbriton is the real deal. Now small 2a reidsville is the team to beat to many athletes. Love to see them stud programs play for the championship. You said you think mt heritage can pull the upset , no way all mt heritage is pisgah with more team speed.

Bro I agree with you about west final hilbriton is the real deal. Now small 2a reidsville is the team to beat to many athletes. Love to see them stud programs play for the championship. You said you think mt heritage can pull the upset , no way all mt heritage is pisgah with more team speed.
I still think you are sleeping on East Rutherford, though. They are a very capable bunch.

I still think you are sleeping on East Rutherford, though. They are a very capable bunch.
Bro went and watch east play polk county, they have good speed in the backfield ,their back is a stud. Their defense is soft that's the problem. They can score fast,but can they stop anybody.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Heritage took reidsville to the last snap last year

Hey milltown I respect Franklin football. I like your smashmouth football , only way mtn team can advance in the playoffs you have to play that style.

Bro went and watch east play polk county, they have good speed in the backfield ,their back is a stud. Their defense is soft that's the problem. They can score fast,but can they stop anybody.
That’s my only worry with East is the defense. They can score with anyone maybe that’s the game plan :) Trust me I have coached/watched those kids since they were 9 and you better believe I’m pulling for them guys hard

Reactions: Lion Attack
That’s my only worry with East is the defense. They can score with anyone maybe that’s the game plan :) Trust me I have coached/watched those kids since they were 9 and you better believe I’m pulling for them guys hard
Bro I agree with you, if east can get their defense playing good watch out.

yeah, SP won the 3A title when they found a passing game. I mentioned it the year before when they lost. They lost previously becuase they had none. Hibriten won with passing also, because ED was well prepaired for Hibriten's bread and butter, but not their 'air' game.

Reactions: BL1 and beamer24
That is my thoughts also. I will guarantee I will not be talking Hibriten being champs next year but not the same this year. We had some defensive issues because we lost some really great players. Those issues have been fixed. We have picked off at least 2 passes per game since and the offense will be tough for anyone to slow down. SP pass defense is weak and Shelby wore them out through the air. Hibriten can do that also and will if needed. Gee has only had 10 or more rushes in a game all year once that I can remember. The coach will unleash him. Shelby fans sure remember him and so will everyone else they play. South Point has to beat MP and I am not sure they win that one

Reactions: Berrysauce2
One thing I forgot. We did have a little luck on our side last year. That East Duplin team was better then advertised! They were HUGE and fast. We won that Championship because of heart. Our linebacker made a seemingly impossible play in the third quarter to save a td. I still can't believe he caught that rb. He may be gone but the whole team plays that way and our boys learned how to be champions last year.The offense is basically 100% the same as last year since we never threw to Miles Simon. Even if we don't win it all this year I shall eat no such humble pie. Our guys are champions and that will not change. Just so happens they want another title!

That is my thoughts also. I will guarantee I will not be talking Hibriten being champs next year but not the same this year. We had some defensive issues because we lost some really great players. Those issues have been fixed. We have picked off at least 2 passes per game since and the offense will be tough for anyone to slow down. SP pass defense is weak and Shelby wore them out through the air. Hibriten can do that also and will if needed. Gee has only had 10 or more rushes in a game all year once that I can remember. The coach will unleash him. Shelby fans sure remember him and so will everyone else they play. South Point has to beat MP and I am not sure they win that one

If you think you are going to throw the ball on SP like Shelby did you are running the wrong offense and should have been in the spread all year. You don't have Bess at QB nor do you have the receiving corp Shelby does......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT