ADVERTISEMENT

Western Final: Burns vs Reidsville

Hope y’all can run and pass at a very high level and play some defense along with it. If so it will be a dog fight. Forget the pun I did there

Reactions: notanyonesfan
How long has there been a Burns High School and where did the name come from? I assume there was a Lawndale High School back in the day???

How long has there been a Burns High School and where did the name come from? I assume there was a Lawndale High School back in the day???
Burns was named for a former principal William Burns and it was formed from Burns at Polkville and Burns at Fallston in 1967. Before 1960 there were a bunch of K-12 community high schools--Polkville, Piedmont (in Lawndale), Fallston, Washington, Casar, Belwood, and Dover were among them in our district. Crest opened the same year Burns did. Douglas and Waco were African American schools.

I'm gonna enjoy beating a really tough Monroe team for the weekend then talk about Reidsville. I will say this for now, Burns will be the best team Reidsville has seen this year and Reidsville will be the best team Burns has seen all year.

Burns was named for a former principal William Burns and it was formed from Burns at Polkville and Burns at Fallston in 1967. Before 1960 there were a bunch of K-12 community high schools--Polkville, Piedmont (in Lawndale), Fallston, Washington, Casar, Belwood, and Dover were among them in our district. Crest opened the same year Burns did. Douglas and Waco were African American schools.
THANKS ... couldn't find anything with a google search. Just turned up something about Piedmont.

How many separate threads will you Reidsville guys start this week related/unrelated to this game on the 2A board?
Burns fans, you may need a table of contents to keep up as they will have this one, one about the Jayvees, one about the poor volunteer help at their stadium, one about some alumni, one about their # 1 fan Que Tucker, one about where they eat, and on and on.
They never met a topic they would not start a thread about.

THANKS ... couldn't find anything with a google search. Just turned up something about Piedmont.
Slight correction…1-12…I don’t think they had kindergarten yet. Dover might have been in the Crest district at the time. And I might have Washington and Waco backwards. You’re welcome. Crest was built with the exact same blueprint.

How many separate threads will you Reidsville guys start this week related/unrelated to this game on the 2A board?
Burns fans, you may need a table of contents to keep up as they will have this one, one about the Jayvees, one about the poor volunteer help at their stadium, one about some alumni, one about their # 1 fan Que Tucker, one about where they eat, and on and on.

This from the one who copy and pasted a short story of Shelby's dominance on all 4 classes boards after the ship last year. I forgot to check the private school board, prob there too.

Reactions: Chopper747

We know you have a lot of time on your hands this time of year.

This from the one who copy and pasted a short story of Shelby's dominance on all 4 classes boards after the ship last year. I forgot to check the private school board, prob there too.
He shoulda started a thread called " 2nd Round Running Clock 2022 "

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
We know how ya feel though. We took a 49-3 loss to Shelby at home. I remember it well. Still makes me spit. We did score 🫤...But at least we got beat by the champ that year.

2nd to none means 2 round exits with no state titles that year. Great screen name to have

• Haha
Reactions: Rammer16
Do you realize how petty you come across? Living Rent free!

Thanks for the history lesson for those of us who had no clue. Good to know how other communities have changed over time.

I'm gonna enjoy beating a really tough Monroe team for the weekend then talk about Reidsville. I will say this for now, Burns will be the best team Reidsville has seen this year and Reidsville will be the best team Burns has seen all year.

I doint know, I actually think Reidsville and Monroe are plus and minus in some areas. Only difference is Monroe plays around too early, then they start scoring at will. So its a hard call for me, seeing both of them. Monroe looked just as big and athletic as Burns did.

We know you have a lot of time on your hands this time of year.
He shoulda started a thread called " 2nd Round Running Clock 2022 "
We know how ya feel though. We took a 49-3 loss to Shelby at home. I remember it well. Still makes me spit. We did score 🫤...But at least we got beat by the champ that year.
Do you realize how petty you come across? Living Rent free!

Im highly entertained on this exchange..

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Im highly entertained on this exchange..
Can we keep it on subject: Burns vs. Reidsville for the Western Regional 2-A title.

I just hope we score.

i-like-this-guy-proud.gif

You should be telling them that, too, in my opinion. Burns and Monroe both are and were as good as it gets. And, Burns is more battle tested, having battles with Salisbury and Monroe.
yeah its hard for me to call, because Monroe could be an easy call for 2A champ as well. I think Burns was more hungry than Monroe was. If they want to win they have to take that same hunger into this week for 4 qtrs, Reidsville is is a Triad powerhouse, much like Dudley(not so much this year) and Grimsley.

yeah its hard for me to call, because Monroe could be an easy call for 2A champ as well. I think Burns was more hungry than Monroe was. If they want to win they have to take that same hunger into this week for 4 qtrs, Reidsville is is a Triad powerhouse, much like Dudley(not so much this year) and Grimsley.
Watched that Burns game from start to finish, and I agree with you to the fullest. Monroe was as good as advertised. Their notorious slow start finally caught up with them, and they had some key drops in critical situations. They got down 14 -0, before finally waking up, and realizing they were playing in a win or go home ballgame.

10 out of 10, I’m not sure who would come out on top between Burns and Monroe, as was the case with an impressive Salisbury team. Burns showed grit and heart in those games. They’re ready for whatever.

Last edited:
Any Reidsville folks want to give some advice on how early to plan on arriving? Parking? I’ll be coming up from the Greensboro area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT