ADVERTISEMENT

Western Final: Burns vs Reidsville

Any Reidsville folks want to give some advice on how early to plan on arriving? Parking? I’ll be coming up from the Greensboro area.
I don't know how Burns travels. The whole town of Maiden was there last night. Reidsville fans are typically late arriving. Bathrooms and concessions on home side. Plenty of parking.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I don't know how Burns travels. The whole town of Maiden was there last night. Reidsville fans are typically late arriving. Bathrooms and concessions on home side. Plenty of parking.
Burns really brings a crowd. They bring teachers, firemen, policemen, businessmen, Clergy, factory workers, municipal workers, oh and I forgot players parents. I heard they even have some parents from Rutherford county.

TGT- also to give a little history. David Devine, the head coach who is a BHS alumni and coached here for a long time, was the DC at Shelby from 2010-2015 and then came back to Burns when coach stepped down.

This is the kind of games we have been gearing up for. We have been on the brink for the last several years and lost some close, crazy games to great teams. I expect nothing less than a dog fight with Reidsville. So much tradition and so on. We will definitely be the underdogs in the game regardless of what any formula says.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Can’t under value the. Job the coaching staff is doing, so funny though , this time last year they ( Reidsville fans) were calling for heads to roll smh

Reactions: Rammer16
TGT- also to give a little history. David Devine, the head coach who is a BHS alumni and coached here for a long time, was the DC at Shelby from 2010-2015 and then came back to Burns when coach stepped down.

This is the kind of games we have been gearing up for. We have been on the brink for the last several years and lost some close, crazy games to great teams. I expect nothing less than a dog fight with Reidsville. So much tradition and so on. We will definitely be the underdogs in the game regardless of what any formula says.
He was also on the 1994 state championship team which, if we win Friday, we could be going for our second ring on the 28th anniversary of that first state championship on the same field. Devine was the interim coach in 2008 and then went to Shelby in 2009 actually, when Matt Beam got the job over him when Ron Greene stepped down for good. Matt left for Newton-Conover after the 2013 season. The coach from Knightdale took over in 2014. Bless his heart but he was just not a good fit. Devine came home after that.

Last edited:
He was also on the 1994 state championship team which, if we win Friday, we would be going for our second ring on the 28th anniversary of that first state championship on the same field. Devine was the interim coach in 2008 and then went to Shelby in 2009 actually, when Matt Beam got the job over him when Ron Greene stepped down for good. Matt left for Newton-Conover after the 2013 season. Robert Senseney took over in 2014. Bless his heart but he was just not a good fit. Devine came home after that.
Devine should have gotten the job back in 2009 instead of Beam and the Press box coach whats his face after Beam

Sorry BBT I work off the school year not the football season.

SL- I think everything happens for a reason. In my opinion Devine’s coaching at Shelby helped him a lot. Just for the simple fact of he was away from where he had been since he was literally a high school player. I think him going away and coming back help him pave his own path rather than being a “shoe in” so to speak.

Last edited:
Sorry BBT I work off the school year not the football season.

SL- I think everything happens for a reason. In my opinion Devine’s coaching at Shelby helped him a lot. Just for the simple fact of he was away from where he had been since he was literally a high school player. I think him going away and coming back help him pave his own path rather than being a “shoe in” so to speak.
It was very unfortunate for him the year he had the interim job. That was one of the worst years in Burns history. There was not much to work with. We got slaughtered every game. I think we only won 1 that year.

Someone from Reidsville just stated on Facebook (not sure if he is on here) that Deonte Neal is leading the nation in interceptions as of last week and he is only a freshman. That is impressive. He said they also have another freshman who visited Duke today and he’s 6 foot 8.
Yea it won’t take you long to recognize either one of the 2. Harrison will be in your backfield all night long. Good luck throwing past him or running at him. If you throw at Neal just be ready to run him down going the other way. He has insane ball skills as does Flippen

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Someone from Reidsville just stated on Facebook (not sure if he is on here) that Deonte Neal is leading the nation in interceptions as of last week and he is only a freshman. That is impressive. He said they also have another freshman who visited Duke today and he’s 6 foot 8.
You can check out kendre Harrison on his Twitter page. Not sure about dionte Neal but he prob has one too.

Should be a great game. Imo it seems like Burns, East Surry, Monroe and Salisbury were all very close. Not sure who the winner would be if each of these teams played each other 10 times. But for Reidsville to blow out another team in the 4th round tells me quite a bit about them. Many of the Reidsville posters have been on the money with the predictions and history tells me that they know what they're talking about for the most part. Its made me a believer. I think Reidsville is a couple steps ahead of the other 4 teams. I have them by 2 scores. Good luck to both teams.

I'm gonna enjoy beating a really tough Monroe team for the weekend then talk about Reidsville. I will say this for now, Burns will be the best team Reidsville has seen this year and Reidsville will be the best team Burns has seen all year.
Grizzly said something half way like that. Yep just about half way, look it up.

Should be a great game. Imo it seems like Burns, East Surry, Monroe and Salisbury were all very close. Not sure who the winner would be if each of these teams played each other 10 times. But for Reidsville to blow out another team in the 4th round tells me quite a bit about them. Many of the Reidsville posters have been on the money with the predictions and history tells me that they know what they're talking about for the most part. Its made me a believer. I think Reidsville is a couple steps ahead of the other 4 teams. I have them by 2 scores. Good luck to both teams.
To be fair, it was said in the beginning that Reidsville had the easier bracket, and was expected to win out easily over it.

I called Maiden out on their play early in the season and said they didnt play up to the level they played last year. They did step it up in the playoffs, and so did Reidsville, but again to be fiar I think the 4 you mentioned have also stepped it up. I've seen all the teams so far and to me they're pretty close, Burns and Monroe had the biggest/fastest combo I've seen in the trenches.

This game will ride mostly on coaching , mentals, and momentum. That's usally the case with 2 high powered teams.

For what it's worth I think Page would have beat Burns also at that point in the season where Reidsville played them. Same way Monroe lost a close one to Porter Ridge(and Burns lost to KM). The top 2A normally have played better teams than their entire division due to playing up.

To be fair, it was said in the beginning that Reidsville had the easier bracket, and was expected to win out easily over it.

I called Maiden out on their play early in the season and said they didnt play up to the level they played last year. They did step it up in the playoffs, and so did Reidsville, but again to be fiar I think the 4 you mentioned have also stepped it up. I've seen all the teams so far and to me they're pretty close, Burns and Monroe had the biggest/fastest combo I've seen in the trenches.

This game will ride mostly on coaching , mentals, and momentum. That's usally the case with 2 high powered teams.
Good post! I agree with you. I had Reidsville down to win by a touchdown but with the homefield advantage along with tradition. I could see them winning by a little more.

Reactions: Chopper747
Rosters tend to get exaggerated ... Kendre Harrison is listed on my roster at 6-5. Maybe he's still growing.

His brother was a stud running back for the Rams two years ago, Stevian Harrison. Father famous for the dual with Rusty Larue of Northwest Guilford in the early 90s - Steve Harrison scored 55 and Rusty about 50 in an overtime game.
Kendre’s uncle is CC Harrison, who led Reidsville (30-0) to state basketball championship in 1994 and later starred at N.C. State.

Remember when he led Wolfpack to the huge upset over top-ranked Carolina in 1998.

Last edited:
When did Kendre change his name to Andre?? lol......Steve Harrison and C.C. Harrison were 2 of the all time greats from Reidsville in basketball......

6'6 6'7. Him and Neal both freshman

Reactions: Rammer16
Really appreciating the support from all of Cleveland County. I don't know if we've ever been the last team playing in the county. It feels a little odd. Win or lose, it's been a very successful season. However, we don't get this opportunity as often as I'd like. I'm really hoping we can put our best game together Friday and just see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT