ADVERTISEMENT

Week #1 ----- 8/19/2022 in the ECC

Its WRH, Clinton and ED fighting tooth and nail for that top spot, everyone else is fighting for leftovers

First look at Clinton will be tonight. Nobody knows anything yet. I hope and expect us to compete, but to say we are gonna be a force in the east without having even taken a snap yet is crazy. Time will tell. 8/26….D-day in the pound.

some changes at SWO as reported by JDNews. Looks like maybe a return to the run (I hope), barring another pass happy off with another QB

The senior tight end was quarterback last year, but his gains in the weight room has made him a strong player to help the line. His athleticism also allows him to be a key pass-catcher. He will also be a defensive leader at linebacker.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Thanks for the shoutout man. Times are tough for our industry as we try to keep up with the change in society. Any help my friends up here can give me by getting a $1 subscription that is good for 6 months, I would appreciate it much. :)

Reactions: oldway55
Clinton and East Duplin both are gunning for us also. WRH is the team to beat and we like that bullseye.
If Wallace don’t play no better than they did against N. Brunswick it’s going to be along season. Why haven’t Montgomery touch the field on offense? That kid had over 1,700 yards last season. It’s a big difference running the ball on jv and varsity. Wallace needs to put the ball into the hands of the veteran backs.

If Wallace don’t play no better than they did against N. Brunswick it’s going to be along season. Why haven’t Montgomery touch the field on offense? That kid had over 1,700 yards last season. It’s a big difference running the ball on jv and varsity. Wallace needs to put the ball into the hands of the veteran backs.
Weren't that just a scrimmage? I didn't go, but I bet we'll be just fine. Let's see how we look Fri night when it counts

Reactions: dogs79
Weren't that just a scrimmage? I didn't go, but I bet we'll be just fine. Let's see how we look Fri night when it counts
Yes it was a scrimmage look very sloppy too. I believe they might got 2 or3 first downs. Maybe 50 yards of rushing yards another 50 passing yards. Defense still can’t defend they need to go to 4-2-5 defense. But it’s still early though

Reactions: dogs79
Yes it was a scrimmage look very sloppy too. I believe they might got 2 or3 first downs. Maybe 50 yards of rushing yards another 50 passing yards. Defense still can’t defend they need to go to 4-2-5 defense. But it’s still early though
Did get good pressures in QB. Montgomery is going to be a beast at middle linebacker. He will get carries at RB. I do think the rest of RB’s are very capable. They got speed and power. Like Kanye said o line get me 2 and I’ll take from there. We got the backs to do it as they and o line mature

I think our defense is going to be much improved as season goes. Seen some good play at times. Can only get better. Got to much strength and speed not to.

Reactions: sam
We just needs some game experience rbs r young ..........they will b ok as the season get going
I know it was just a scrimmage don’t really matter. Young or not can’t run the ball skittish. Offensive line will come together with repetition. Defensive line looks pretty solid.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdogj85 and dogs79
SWO @ Jacksonville
WRH hosts East Bladen
South Lenoir hosts Jones
James Kenan @ Ayden-Grifton
East Duplin @ Dixon
North Lenoir hosts Greene Central
Kinston hosts South Central
It’s been decades but every time I read East Bladen, I still think black/orange unis—not blue. Surprises me every time. Lol. 🤷

If it feels any better. Jacksonville would probably win against the rest at this point. Except ED. I think they will be rolling to conference.
No feelings, bad or good. SWO can only control thier own destiny. What any other team does or who they play dosnt effect us at all. Good luck to all ECC teams the whole year.

I know it was just a scrimmage don’t really matter. Young or not can’t run the ball skittish. Offensive line will come together with repetition. Defensive line looks pretty solid.
scrimmages matter. it shows both strengths and weakness early in the season. would like to see our o-line be more explosive off the ball and contain there blocks. they were more aggressive at the scrimmaged in Whiteville on Wednesday. Also need to consider that NB is a good team as well. Overall the potential is there as the season moves forward. We play for W and L from now on. Hope for an injury free season. Go Dogs!!!

Lol
Sounds like your confidence level has fallen abit
ED WRH and Kinston could all beat Jacksonville. Jacksonville got the numbers but you can only play 11 on the field. I have about 6 of my former players playing for Jacksonville. Jacksonville is young now next year they will roll.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lol

ED WRH and Kinston could all beat Jacksonville. Jacksonville got the numbers but you can only play 11 on the field. I have about 6 of my former players playing for Jacksonville. Jacksonville is young now next year they will roll.
I'm inclined to agree. Don't know much about Kinston though. I know what wrh and ed will bring to the table

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT