ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest nips Middle Creek again

They matched up pretty well speed and skill wise with team, including Butler but they aren't very big on either line, especially defense.

Says a lot about Wake's defense. Passing isn't their game at all, and they still beat Middle Creek. Middle Creek better be careful or this could become a huge mental hurdle to get over with Wake.

Are you talking about this years O and D line for Middle Creek or last years?

I am talking about this years lines. About as small as I've ever seen. They will spread everyone out and use their speed/tempo to be ok on O, but the strong teams will run on them every game for as many yards as they want.

I am talking about this years lines. About as small as I've ever seen. They will spread everyone out and use their speed/tempo to be ok on O, but the strong teams will run on them every game for as many yards as they want.
Where did you see their line?

I built a house in 1996 in the Langston Subdivision directly across from Middle Creek Elementary which you know is right next door to the high school. Thats the subdivision with the 4 story brick house that looks like an orphan townhouse. My kids graduated from MC and I've been to every game, except two, since the school opened, so I'm not a bandwagon fan. My kids are grown, living on their own and my wife and I live on Lake Gaston full time. But I still go to the games even though I'm almost 2 hours away. MC has never looked impressive getting off the bus but those always kids hit hard. Effective pass blocking is more technique, hand and foot work rather than size. MC gets rid of the ball quickly. On the defensive side they're more about speed than size so running right at them can be problematic but they return two of the best linebackers in school history, IMO.

I think Wake Forests defense had a big role in them winning the Carolina Panthers 7 on 7 tournament.
You are correct sir. I was there and their secondary is impressive. There was D1 talent everywhere and the WF def was by far the best out there.

With no Charlotte school showing any kind of dominance this could be a nice stretch for WF.

Wake football, not Raleigh football in general, should be respected. They have a very nice program and a great coach. Some people think their offense is boring, but who cares with that amazing defense? Winning cures all, and they are the defending state champs.

Reactions: portcity FB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT