ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola

2 big guns

Jul 17, 2012
Anson plays tuscola Friday so I'm wondering if anyone can give any info? Anson is slowly improving under coach Jackson and they play a monster schedule which could help them. Anson has a good run defence but there offense is a little weak. Moving to 2a next year will help.

Anson better have sound special teams too.
Long trip wont help things any for Anson county. But they wont get too much sympathy around Tuscola. They have had two long trips of their own for first round playoff games the last two years. (Statesville and Concord)

this game will be closer than you think. Tuscola better be ready and not looking ahead. hope we get some of our lineman back?

Tuscola's two injured linemen are not expected back this week. There is a decent chance they could be ready the following week, if we advance.

Anson plays tuscola Friday so I'm wondering if anyone can give any info? Anson is slowly improving under coach Jackson and they play a monster schedule which could help them. Anson has a good run defence but there offense is a little weak. Moving to 2a next year will help.
Im not going to say anything Anson coaches dont already know by now, but will provide a general outline about Tuscola. The Mountaineers are a RUNNING first foremost team out of a version of the Flex Bone. have a veteran offensive backfield, all of which can score from any field position. If any of them get loose they are gone. Good back ups too. THS doesnt pass much but that doesnt mean they cant, they just dont often need to. The lines, both D and O, are hurting a bit with a couple of key players out but they have adequate back ups to fill in that have done a great job. THS is well coached, as would be expected with a head coach with several state championship appearances to his credit and a veteran staff, all of which are more than capable. They dont make a lot of mistakes. Special teams is a strong point, including a good to great kicker. This team has set the record as the highest scoring Tuscola team in history, and did it in 10 games. Defensively THS (IMO) Is underrated, but have held opponents to one score or less the last three games. Out of 11 games, they have had I believe 6 running clocks in the second half. That is about as specific as I can get for now. Hope that helps.

Well they sound like a good team for sure and I don't know if Anson has the horses to run with tuscola. all I can say is Anson has played a crazy tough schedule this year and has been in pretty good shape till late in the game in most of there losses. tuscola will probably win but I won't b suprised if it's a good game. I'll put there schedule up against anybody in 3a football as far as strength of schedule.

Well they sound like a good team for sure and I don't know if Anson has the horses to run with tuscola. all I can say is Anson has played a crazy tough schedule this year and has been in pretty good shape till late in the game in most of there losses. tuscola will probably win but I won't b suprised if it's a good game. I'll put there schedule up against anybody in 3a football as far as strength of schedule.
NOBODY will be surprised if it is a good game. We are well aware of the quality of competition down that way, and it is often hard for WNC teams to compete with the athleticism found there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT