ADVERTISEMENT

SWE 5-2 vs Ayden-Grifton 3-5

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Homecoming at SWE. The hosts should have their way with this team tonight.

AG ball at own 25. 3 and out, punt to SWE 40. Block in the back takes it to 30.

Drive consists of a long pass and a long run and two touchdowns. One was called back due to a hold. However, the Cougars repeat the effort with an 8 yard td run. 14-0.

AG ball at own 33. Solid drive. 35 yard pass to the 5 leads to a TD run.
SWE 14 AG 7.

AG ball at own 29. 4th and 19 from midfield, bad punt to SWE 35.

AG ball at own 35. Big pass play. Then SWE intercepts at own 15.

35yard pass td. 85 yard drive, all pass plays. We have nearly 200 yards passing, if not over. Unheard of, at SWE, even when we had Porter a few years ago. Not even halftime yet.

I knew when we played y’all, y’all weren’t as bad as y’all were making it sound. You guys may end up winning that conference

AG ball at own 29. Long drive that takes half the quarter ends with a 3 yard td.
SWE 34 AG 14

I knew when we played y’all, y’all weren’t as bad as y’all were making it sound. You guys may end up winning that conference
Gonna be a good one with West Craven. After what West Craven did to Farmville's offense, and looking at what the defense did with their non conference gauntlet, I'm convinced that the WC defense is something special.

SWE intercepts a screen pass at the 45, and runs it back to the 20, where the ball is punched out of the ball carrier's hand and snatched out of the air by the AG QB. So basically, it was a screen pass to himself for a loss of 25. 😂

Passed it down the field with ease. 2 yard td run. 2pt no good.
SWE 42 AG 20

Aided by a 35 yard run, SWE punches it in from the 1.
SWE 49 AG 20

SWE intercepts ball in end zone with 1min to play. Kneels it the clock.

Thanks for the updates. I'm working tonight. But my cousin called me and told me his son #44, had an interception and a fumble on the same play.

Thanks for the updates. I'm working tonight. But my cousin called me and told me his son #44, had an interception and a fumble on the same play.
I mentioned that. It was the funniest play I've seen. Went from yay to aww real quick lol.

Our pass defense is horrible. I thought we had an abnormally great night throwing the ball, but AG probably had twice as many yards through the air. And we still don't tackle. We try to blow ball carriers up with big hits. No arm tackles at all.

Chris told me they had a lot of offsides called on us tonight as well. Gotta clean that up the next few games.

That was the worst I've seen us as far as everybody being on the same page. They played a great first half, and had some timely penalties called against the Vikes, but Tarboro cleaned that up and was just too much for us in that second half.

Chris told me they had a lot of offsides called on us tonight as well. Gotta clean that up the next few games.
The defense was way too anxious. AG used the aggressiveness to their advantage by drawing us offsides many times. We also had too many false starts too. We constantly get penalized way more than the opponents.

He just sent me a video of an interception that was called back for an illegal block in the back. Our guy tried, but he missed him by a foot. It's so obvious it's almost funny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT