ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount vs Wallace-Rose Hill

I know it is preached a lot on these boards about speed from the east teams but I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and state that WRH's stable of backs will impress you western folk. The thing I think Starmount brings to the table that will give the bulldogs trouble is a toughness you can't teach, it's just there in your face. If Starmount can score more than 28 they have a chance because they will not stop the "speed" for 4 quarters. But I believe they can wear down the dogs and keep it close for a fantastic finish, good luck to both teams.

hope we have a good clean game tomorrow night that is injury free. deana, are you and some of the posters getting together before the game or at the half? just curious, thought maybe i might walk over and do a "meet and greet" if i get the chance. at any rate i expect a good crowd from duplin county and some good football! should be good game- im taking wrh to pull away late 34-14 go dawgs!

Congrats to Starmount...always respected your program from afar...love that "GATA"...Looking forward to it...Much Respect!!!

So proud of my Dawgs... Hey "Black Plague"....Go get it done!!!

There's not a team in the west that would beat the top 4 teams in the east.
This post was edited on 12/12 8:09 AM by JoCoLoCo

Here we go again. lol.

Who is the top 4 in the east? Wrh, JK, Princeton, and whoelse? Whiteville? Plymouth?

1A

1. Robbinsville (3) 11-0 - 57
2. James Kenan (1) 9-1 - 56
3. Wallace Rose Hill 10-1 - 55
4. Princeton 10-1 - 53
5. West Montgomery 10-1 - 46
6. East Surry (1) 10-1 - 40
7. Plymouth 10-1 - 38
8. Whiteville 9-2 - 34
9. Mount Airy 10-1 - 21
10. SE Halifax 10-1 - 19
11. Murphy 8-3 - 15
12. Pamlico 9-2 - 12
13. Starmount 8-3 - 4

HONORABLE MENTION: Walkertown (9-2) - 3; Tarboro (8-3) - 2;

This is NCpreps last poll.

Here is the latest NC Ap Poll.
1. Warsaw Kenan (7) (9-1) 126 2
2. Robbinsville (4) (11-0) 113 5
3. Wallace-Rose Hill (2) (10-1) 105 1
(tie) Princeton (10-1) 105 4
5. East Surry (1) (10-1) 75 8
6. Plymouth (10-1) 71 6
7. West Montgomery (10-1) 65 7
8. Mt. Airy (10-1) 50 3
9. Southeast Halifax (10-1) 31 9
10. Murphy (8-3) 13 NR

This post was edited on 12/12 8:23 AM by BK13T-$

This is CarolinaPreps Poll this week.
1 Wallace-Rose Hill (Teachey) 14-1-0
2 Robbinsville (Robbinsville) 15-0-0
3 Plymouth (Plymouth) 14-1-0
4 Kenan, James (Warsaw) 12-2-0
5 Starmount (Boonville) 12-3-0
6 Tarboro (Tarboro) 10-4-0
7 Murphy (Murphy) 10-4-0
8 Princeton (Princeton) 12-2-0
9 Swain County (Bryson City) 11-4-0
10 Alleghany

This post was edited on 12/12 8:30 AM by BK13T-$

I will be pulling for the Rams to pull an upset, but I would pick WRH. Just cannot get that Elkin defeat out of my mind.

My only advice for players and fans alike is take time to enjoy the experience, It don't come along often.

Good luck to the Rams.

Lol @Buddy, if we can't win more than 1 game next year, then I'll say South Davidson has a strong chance at wining a SC next year.

@FOOT, everything is quite well sir.

Now back to the topic....GO WRH!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I know the team is getting a lot of support from the surrounding communities and several places across the state. Coach Johnson is a well respected coach and has done a great job with these kids. Check out this story on a player he never gave up on!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

GREAT STORY!! Thanks Deanna. Coach Johnson is obviously a quality person first and a quality coach as well. We often forget that we're talking about young lives on here. But for God's grace and endless mercy, who knows where we all would be. I've been given third fourth and fifth chances throughout my life and more. Best of luck to the Rams and the Bulldogs, but if this story rings true, it could be the Rams' year. Seems like fate is showing this young man if you do the right thing, good will follow. The Rams still have their hands full tonight.

Good luck to those rams. It has been a great season for them and one they will never forget. I think those bulldogs from duplin county will be too much.. I expect a score similar to last years finals. Wallace has been dominant all year and I dont expect things to change tonight.

Good luck to the Rams, lets keep it in the West. Ffw of us Swain fans are making the trip for uns and the Knights.

Well well well wrh 34 starmount 21 good season to the rams they were out of their league tonight wrh was the better team the rams played hard #11 is a beast for starmount but the bulldogs had to much for them tonight to good too fast for starmount.for all you starmount fans I know you proud of ya rams they had a great season .I'm proud of my bulldogs now Plymouth and Clinton bring it east

Congrats to WRH. No shame losing to that group. Yes, you are right that we are proud of our Rams. You guys may just repeat!!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Congratulations to WRH on their chanpionship win tonight. I have to give props to Our Rams, they never gave up and kept playing til the end. Great season Rams. No one ever thought we would go this far, but we did! Good luck to WRH in future years!!

after seeing Starmount last night and seeing the top 3 1AA east teams this year, starmount might would finish 4th in 1AA

Originally posted by JoCoLoCo:
after seeing Starmount last night and seeing the top 3 1AA east teams this year, starmount might would finish 4th in 1AA
And if we are gonna talk like this, I want to know when was the last time 2 1AA schools meet for the State title and that's using Enrollment numbers. Seems as if the only way the East can pull this crap off is by having 2A and 2AA schools to do it.

And with being said I think Swain is too large to particape in real 1A ball, and that's with the Devils having 580 some odd students. But man to come on here making a boost like this knowing full well that this years "Eastern" Final was with one team boarding on 2A and the other being a legit 2A with over 700 students is rubbing Salt into the wounds of all the rest of the 1A schools in the state.

Personally I think if we are gonna have six state titles then split the classifications up to have 6 titles in all sports. Put a cap on the limits of each Classification and if you have to play Up at the end of the season then so be it, if you have the wins and can play down a class, that's up to the each school that qualifies.

Here goes nothing.

Take 1A at this years cut off and cap it!
Take 1AA and add 50 students and call it what it is, 2A. No more than 725
3A 726 to 900
4A 901 to 1300
5A 1301 to 1800
6A is for all those larger than 1800. And for the super schools with enrollments greater than 2300 call it the Super _ (how ever many schools that might be) and they are their own classification.

Does that make it become more equal?

Originally posted by KevinFromSwain:

Originally posted by JoCoLoCo:
And if we are gonna talk like this, I want to know when was the last time 2 1AA schools meet for the State title and that's using Enrollment numbers. Seems as if the only way the East can pull this crap off is by having 2A and 2AA schools to do it.

And with being said I think Swain is too large to particape in real 1A ball, and that's with the Devils having 580 some odd students. But man to come on here making a boost like this knowing full well that this years "Eastern" Final was with one team boarding on 2A and the other being a legit 2A with over 700 students is rubbing Salt into the wounds of all the rest of the 1A schools in the state.

Personally I think if we are gonna have six state titles then split the classifications up to have 6 titles in all sports. Put a cap on the limits of each Classification and if you have to play Up at the end of the season then so be it, if you have the wins and can play down a class, that's up to the each school that qualifies.

Here goes nothing.

Take 1A at this years cut off and cap it!
Take 1AA and add 50 students and call it what it is, 2A. No more than 725
3A 726 to 900
4A 901 to 1300
5A 1301 to 1800
6A is for all those larger than 1800. And for the super schools with enrollments greater than 2300 call it the Super _ (how ever many schools that might be) and they are their own classification.

Does that make it become more equal?
Sorry Kevin, but that doesn't hold water. In this case the two school were almost equal in size. WRH 652 and Starmount 633. The bottom and top classifications will always have the largest range between sizes.

Also, enrollments will always change for individual schools over a 6-year period (the time from when enrollments are set for the next realignment til the time that realignment ends). It's certainly no fault of the schools... they're playing the hand that is dealt them. There's no instant gratification when it comes to classification alignment in n.c.

Ahhh join mad his team lost poor poor swain face it they weren't good enough this year they tried n lost n now u wanna blame it on school enrollment wrh is is a legit 1aa team we play in a split con.2a/1a wrh or starmount has nothing to do with anything what matters is ya team should've played better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT