ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount vs Wallace-Rose Hill

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
I'm going with my Rams again this week. Heck...nobody is picking them anyways...they just show up and handle business.

Interesting fact is that the coaching staffs are very familiar with each other (Holt, Holley, Hutchens, Johnson, Price). They are Wing T guys. They know what each other do. They both run the ball and with multiple players.

Some history even though Starmount has never played WRH, they did beat Coach Price when he was the #1 seed at South Columbus 17-14 in Tabor City in 2008.

Starmount's run defense was very good last night holding Swain under 100 yards until the last drive of the game.

Any thoughts?

West Montgomery would have beat Swain just as bad in my opinion. Starmount came in like a "Wrecking Ball" and surprised everyone. But.....they run out of "Star Power" next week and and turn into a black hole. WRH 35 Starmount 19.

Gosh knows Swain gave up 3 Quarters to Starmount. This Rams Team has rolled for 12 Games now. They may have beaten a Team a couple of weeks ago that is a better Team than WRH

Starmount is definitely on a roll during this playoff. I thought their strength was their line play on both sides. Backs were good but their line was dealing out punishment on both sides of the ball.

WRH will still show up and make you earn it I"ll guarantee you it won't be easy.

Originally posted by duplinman:
WRH will still show up and make you earn it I"ll guarantee you it won't be easy.
I don't think anybody expects a state championship game to be easy. Whoever wins will have to earn it.

Looking forward to watching this game! Should be a good one. Two great programs with a lot of history! Good luck to both.

Sure surprised me that Swain got Beat that bad. WRH is
very well coached and will be ready for Starmount. I have gut feeling Starmount wins this game, 28--'21.
I think it is Starmounts year. Is Starmount OL big.
They have been tested last week vs Swain,they will
see a lot of sweeps,jet dives. Pass will be few if
any from WRH. Good luck to both teams. I will be there
for WRH game Friday nite. Then Clinton Saturday.
Clinton is the real deal,Shelby is too. Should be good
game.

Bulldogs follower, who in god's name did starmount beat that is better than WRH???????

Originally posted by Tebowho?:
Bulldogs follower, who in god's name did starmount beat that is better than WRH???????
WM would be my bet. That is who we played a couple of weeks ago.

Originally posted by sway1532:
West Montgomery would have beat Swain just as bad in my opinion. Starmount came in like a "Wrecking Ball" and surprised everyone. But.....they run out of "Star Power" next week and and turn into a black hole. WRH 35 Starmount 19.
sway1532, Starmount does not any stars on their team. The "star power" is the team itself. Stopping 2 or 3 players will not stop the Rams. You will have to stop the whole "TEAM" to beat the Rams. If WRH can do that, they win, if not they lose.

Rams, let me break down what I just said because obviously my "Metaphor" went over your head. When I say "Star Power" in reference to Starmount, I am indeed making a "Team" reference. And honestly, 1 or 2 players in 1A does or can "Make" the team. Good luck Friday, I didn't make a pick last week between you and Swain, but WRH rolls.

should be interesting battle between two teams who pretty much keep it on the ground. im thinking starmount had better have some wrinkles if passing is not an option. having said that wrh wont pass much either, but you'll see a stable of quick, hard runnin, very fast backs who are definitely rollin right now. #8 has averaged 175 yds and scored 4 tds each of the last 4 games, and he's not even the back the colleges are lookin at right now. that'll be #4! at any rate, im sure starmount is strong or they wouldnt be here. good luck to all, and pray that no significant injuries occur. wrh 34 14

I'm a WRH fan but how do you come up with the score predictions such as 34 to 14, what do you base this on, as far as I'm concerned you just give the other more incentive to beat the crap out of you unless that your purpose.

its just my opinion, but i feel we'll get stronger as the game goes on. i base this on depth, adjustments, etc. as you have seen, we{wrh} dont always start off strong, but we do seem to adjust well, and finish strong. i also feel our playoff battles will help. in the end i just feel if we play well, we should pull away in 2nd half. just my opinion. what's yours?

That very well can happen. Starmount trailed West Montgomery 21--10 going into the second half of Their game. They are also a good 2nd half Team. I don't have a Favorite here. I feel like both Teams had very good playoff games

Originally posted by Deana_King:
I'm going with my Rams again this week. Heck...nobody is picking them anyways...they just show up and handle business.

Interesting fact is that the coaching staffs are very familiar with each other (Holt, Holley, Hutchens, Johnson, Price). They are Wing T guys. They know what each other do. They both run the ball and with multiple players.

Some history even though Starmount has never played WRH, they did beat Coach Price when he was the #1 seed at South Columbus 17-14 in Tabor City in 2008.

Starmount's run defense was very good last night holding Swain under 100 yards until the last drive of the game.

Any thoughts?
Deana, good luck to your Rams this week, and couldn't agree more....

The Rams have been on a roll since that Elkin loss, and are peaking at just the right time....Wallace/RH is coming into the game as a prohibitive favorite after a emotionally hard fought game last friday against James Kenan.....Wallace has the speed edge, and seems I remember reading that the Rams have a lot of Seniors, which generally means leadership and sense of urgency in most cases...Should be another classic!.

As a fan of Underdogs and a fan of Western 1A Football: Good luck to the Starmount Rams, this coming friday against the Wallace Rose-Hill Bulldogs!

Enjoy Your Championship game. This isn't about arguing over Someone predicting a blowout or anything like that. Both Teams beat real Good Teams during the last two weeks

I don't disagree with the points you are making but not having seen starmount play and they have overcome a lot of doubters and finished strong and won games they weren't supposed to win I know they are going to be a formidable team, I just don't predict scores or who's going to win or lose. I hate biased opinions. I know this is what most people like to read on here but I pay my money and I'm going to say what I feel however stupid it might seem.

The amount of confidence from the East Division is obnoxious...... Starmount played a very young team, WM, and I'm fairly certain they are very talented. Not ripping on the kids, but I hope Starmount puts a whipping on them.

the amount of confidence from the west is just as obnoxious to use your words, we hope we put a whipping on you so what is your point?

No one is obnoxious....maybe SMC fans but not the YVC. I predicted WRH 35 STAR 19.

same ole same ole. year im and year out east seems overlooked. going with WRH in closeone.

Don't pay any attention to the YVC fans. There teams are down and they are not thinking straight..

All I will say on this game is eveyrone a few years back said WRH would destroy Murphy in the title game, and we see how that game came down to the final seconds of the game. So I think Starmount has a great chance to pull off the win. Good luck to Starmount, I hope they can bring a title back to the West this year!

Originally posted by WMFootballFanatic:
I think you will see the YVC fans pulling for Starmount and the west. If deep playoff runs is down, well take it. If taking a team that will return 18 starters to the brink with one of the state finalists is a down year, we'll take that too. What team with a Blue Devils mascot has ever been up?

This post was edited on 12/7 6:57 PM by WMFootballFanatic
Brevard? They're down now, but historically they are one of the better 3A programs. Up till a few years ago they were a perennial Western power.

I was just messing with you guys as the YVC is always a contender. Will be pulling for the Rams as they are the only team standing in our area. I pull for West Stokes and saw them play Albemarle back in 2011 and 2012.

Some west posters just can't stand the fact that the East is and should be the favorite. Nothing against Starmount, but Wallace will beat them handily.

The Clinton team that stomped wrh this yr had a nasty jv team last yr beating everybody by 30+ except a 4a school. All the teams around wrh runs the wing T. Better have a few tricks up your sleeve or wrh will show how the wing t suppose to be ran. They are big an probably the most physical team around the east in 1aa. Murphy threw a waggle pass that worked but I'd bet my lunch coach price hasn't forgotten that. Hope for injury free game.

The YVC was down, pretty average with the exception of WMont and Albemarle. It's a shame the Blue Dogs didn't have a shot of playing because they would have affected the 1A playoffs imo.

No one is prediciting a WRH rout. It should be a great game that will be close and decided on which teams hits a big play or two and which teams makes the critical mistakes.

Albemarle making the playoffs would only affected who Robbinsville beat in the 4th round.

For Starmount fans on here...WRH looks a lot like North Edgecombe back in 1998. Same colors lol (black, white, orange). Very athletic team that loves to run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT