ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest Onslow @ South Columbus

SCHS2011

Dec 12, 2015
Battle of the stallions, this should be a great game, much respect for SWO and their program hope we come out strong. It’s gonna take a mistake free game and our defense stepping up to pull this one out. Like I told someone earlier in the week, if we can beat SWO we can beat anybody.

Reactions: 1SWO
Battle of the stallions, this should be a great game, much respect for SWO and their program hope we come out strong. It’s gonna take a mistake free game and our defense stepping up to pull this one out. Like I told someone earlier in the week, if we can beat SWO we can beat anybody.

Tons of respect for SC. SWO better come ready to play. Hard to win at SC

Reactions: SCHS2011
Don't know about that!

Reactions: daagoob and 1SWO
I think this will be a very good game with the winner going to the 3rd round and no disrespect to SWO but I don't know if I would use them as a barometer for anybody. Bottom line when you get to the 3rd round, the culls are gone and anybody can beat anybody. Good luck to both Stallions.

Reactions: dogs79
Lordy Lordy dogs I knew when I was typing that last part you’d throw in your two cents haha, nobody has forgotten about Wallace my friend lol
I will be pulling for SCHS. I'm to competitive with my friends from SWO. The better they get the more I want them to loose. I'm going to say 42-28 SWO though. We want to go to the coral in Jacksonville

East Bladen gets beat at home tonight,Whiteville gets blown out by Wallace tonight,maybe these 2 teams weren't as good as we thought coming into tonight.
SC will have to play their best football next Friday to get to 3 round. East is really loaded this year.

I think this will be a very good game with the winner going to the 3rd round and no disrespect to SWO but I don't know if I would use them as a barometer for anybody. Bottom line when you get to the 3rd round, the culls are gone and anybody can beat anybody. Good luck to both Stallions.

Keep sleeping on SWO.

If SC can't stop the run..... Will be a long night for SC. Our line is huge, looks like a 4A school. Biggest line since I've been playing or watching SWO (late 70s) A LONG TIME LOL. SWO has a 2000 yard back, who didn't play a snap tonight and we still won by 50. HUGE fullback who is bigger then most teams biggest Olinemen
It's going to be a barn burner. Good luck and injury free week for both

Reactions: seadog28
Did anyone really think whiteville was any good? I know I didn't. I said WRH by 30. I believe it was close to that mark

South Columbus is no slouch i think SWO will have to play for 4 quarters something they havent had to do since what the ED game........in 2016 our starters didnt have to really play a full game with a opponent threatening till round 3 and it kinda bit us in the a$$

Havnt played each other for quite a while now, over 10 years.

SC holds a 2-1 advantage in prior games (went back to 2000). One solid win by each and in what was the best defensive game I ever saw, a 7-2 win by SC. Really no bearing on this game.

Both have big lines, averaging near 300.
SWO has the bigger backs, 2 over 250 and our top runner at 180.

SC as scored a little more than SWO
SWO has allowed less than SC

Looks like this will be a Smash Mouth Game. Will be won in the trenches.

Just looking at the schedules, I think you have to go with SWO on this one. Both play in very weak conferences and both tried to schedule tougher out of conference games.

SC scheduled 3A Douglas Byrd. Not SC’s fault, but DB was really weak this year. SC had a couple of close conference wins with Whiteville and East Bladen but those wins don’t hold as much value after Friday nights losses.

SWO scheduled Jacksonville, WRH and East Duplin out of conference. All three are better than anyone SC played this year. After a blowout loss to Jacksonville, SWO split two close games with East Duplin and WRH.

Barring a turnover fest, I think you will see SWO come out on top by at least 2 scores. Either way, it should be a very physical game. I like that SC’s program is back.

Reactions: 1SWO and SWO-#1
Our line is huge, looks like a 4A school. Biggest line since I've been playing or watching SWO (late 70s) A LONG TIME LOL. SWO has a 2000 yard back, who didn't play a snap tonight and we still won by 50. HUGE fullback who is bigger then most teams biggest Olinemen

Wow!!!!!!

With the way swo defense is playing right now. I just dont see anyone scoring no more than 2 scores tops. The O-Line is real big and strong. SWO got 2 of the most physical backs I seen all year. Plus they got a sportcar on deck 0-40yds real quick.

Reactions: 1SWO and SWO-#1
Just looking at the schedules, I think you have to go with SWO on this one. Both play in very weak conferences and both tried to schedule tougher out of conference games.

SC scheduled 3A Douglas Byrd. Not SC’s fault, but DB was really weak this year. SC had a couple of close conference wins with Whiteville and East Bladen but those wins don’t hold as much value after Friday nights losses.

SWO scheduled Jacksonville, WRH and East Duplin out of conference. All three are better than anyone SC played this year. After a blowout loss to Jacksonville, SWO split two close games with East Duplin and WRH.

Barring a turnover fest, I think you will see SWO come out on top by at least 2 scores. Either way, it should be a very physical game. I like that SC’s program is back.

Good post. For information purposes only:

Our first game with Jacksonville, we were short a lot of starters, and our main back didnt play that game. I dont think 30-13 was a blowout, JMO.

The ED game a lot better. Had to make two yards last play of the game to win, was a little short. After that game changes were made, mostly on linemen. Rest of the season is in the books.

Dont know much about SC. Kicking game most of all. I assume its pretty good as is ours.

Field condition will play a big role. SWO is a "MUDDER", sloppy is good for us.
Then again a dry field lets us use our speed. Six of one, half dozen of the other, Power substained drives or big plays.

Our pass game is pretty good. We dont throw much but have had success with what little we do throw. I hate those throws to the flat. Dont think they have yielded much. Would be a lot better off if a run only gets 2 or 3. but Im not the coach and he has spotters making decisions on what they think will work.

With the way swo defense is playing right now. I just dont see anyone scoring no more than 2 scores tops. The O-Line is real big and strong. SWO got 2 of the most physical backs I seen all year. Plus they got a sportcar on deck 0-40yds real quick.

Wish I had gotten video of the Croatan game. Dougan had half the Defense on his back and still went forward 15+. The other one was the best. I swear the Entire Defense and half the SWO line was in that pile. They finally blew the whistle, never did get him down. He came out of the pile just a-struttin with a big smile ......

Last night was the same, except Anderson got with it also. Billy and Melvin did a great job of Painting a Picture of those runs. Anderson took a tackler head on and knocked him 3' into the air. And you know the duo announcers dont make things up...LOL Dougan had tacklers hanging on for dear life as he carried them and the ball into the endzone.

Last edited:

Very accurate account of the facts and probably will be played out as stated with little variation

Good post. For information purposes only:

Our first game with Jacksonville, we were short a lot of starters, and our main back didnt play that game. I dont think 30-13 was a blowout, JMO.

The ED game a lot better. Had to make two yards last play of the game to win, was a little short. After that game changes were made, mostly on linemen. Rest of the season is in the books.

Dont know much about SC. Kicking game most of all. I assume its pretty good as is ours.

Field condition will play a big role. SWO is a "MUDDER", sloppy is good for us.
Then again a dry field lets us use our speed. Six of one, half dozen of the other, Power substained drives or big plays.

Our pass game is pretty good. We dont throw much but have had success with what little we do throw. I hate those throws to the flat. Dont think they have yielded much. Would be a lot better off if a run only gets 2 or 3. but Im not the coach and he has spotters making decisions on what they think will work.

Great assessment!!!

Thanks!!! Seems pinpoint on everything you said from an outsider. SWO is back, ready to prove it this Friday

Reactions: Orangecrush95
I will be pulling for SCHS. I'm to competitive with my friends from SWO. The better they get the more I want them to loose. I'm going to say 42-28 SWO though. We want to go to the coral in Jacksonville

Nah, man, the ocean is too cold this time of year. If we win, come on down to The Corral instead.

Reactions: dogs79
Wish I had gotten video of the Croatan game. Dougan had half the Defense on his back and still went forward 15+. The other one was the best. I swear the Entire Defense and half the SWO line was in that pile. They finally blew the whistle, never did get him down. He came out of the pile just a-struttin with a big smile ......

Last night was the same, except Alexander got with it also. Billy and Melvin did a great job of Painting a Picture of those runs. Alexander took a tackler head on and knocked him 3' into the air. And you know the duo announcers dont make things up...LOL Dougan had tacklers hanging on for dear life as he carried them and the ball into the endzone.
Isaac Anderson

You are correct unclerico ......I get mixed up with the names like Billy and Melvin...:oops:. Dont know where I got Alexander from........

Sounds like SC might as well not play Friday,umm. Look for all the fight SC has to give. You guys from SWO,you just pouring gas on open flame.

Sounds like SC might as well not play Friday,umm. Look for all the fight SC has to give. You guys from SWO,you just pouring gas on open flame.

LoL what? Who said anything remotely close to what you are referring to? SC won't need any gas on a flame. They will come ready to play at HOME

We will show up and do our best. Every time in the playoffs when we play these guys come on here and tell us how great their team is and that we have no shot. Oh man, you should have heard these guys in 2005! I mean they were 2 TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS!:eek: We had absolutely no business being in the same bracket, much less being on the same field as those guys. I mean Kendrick Burney and company were just way too fast for our boys, we should have just saved ourselves the embarrassment and forfeited, Well something funny happened that night and we miraculously won the game 35-14. Guys just pray for another miracle is all I can say.

We will show up and do our best. Every time in the playoffs when we play these guys come on here and tell us how great their team is and that we have no shot. Oh man, you should have heard these guys in 2005! I mean they were 2 TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS!:eek: We had absolutely no business being in the same bracket, much less being on the same field as those guys. I mean Kendrick Burney and company were just way too fast for our boys, we should have just saved ourselves the embarrassment and forfeited, Well something funny happened that night and we miraculously won the game 35-14. Guys just pray for another miracle is all I can say.

Wow!! Looks like someone is trying to generate his own bulletin board material. You’re funny. I don’t think we’ve ever won at SC, so we know exactly how hard it is to play there. SC is undefeated and the HUGE favorite to win this game. We will show up and give you a game, though.

Checking the weather forecast looks like dry thru next Friday, That will be a new experience. A dry field is a + for both teams. Dont eat to much Turkey Thanksgiving .. Both need to be lean and mean. the boys can pig out Saturday. Last time I was there it was COLD. The snack bar sold out of coffee and hot choc way before the first half ended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT