ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest Onslow @ South Columbus

According to the JDN the reason Jordan didnt play was because of a "Mild Ankle Sprain". Good decision to hold him out with the field conditions. Loved the Pics of the game. Looked like they were playin in one of those Hog Wallowing Ponds up in Duplin County .....LOL. I'm sure he will be 100% this game.

Reactions: 1SWO
Wow!! Looks like someone is trying to generate his own bulletin board material. You’re funny. I don’t think we’ve ever won at SC, so we know exactly how hard it is to play there. SC is undefeated and the HUGE favorite to win this game. We will show up and give you a game, though.
SC will not be a huge favorite, I believe Brian will have SWO favored or very close.

Burney was the real deal.....Watched him play his heart out until the end....

One of the best to ever put on the orange and black. Didn't have to much help that game vs SC in 05. Dakota Marshall our ECU commit dropped atleast three or four fumbles on the toss sweeps that night. Just wasn't SWO night. Hats off to SC, tons of respect for that program

Reactions: guttancSWO36
And to add to that I doubt SWO will be sleeping on sc....i know for a fact that Dempsey won't allow that.. I remember in 97 when there was only 4 classification and we obtained the #1 seed because we knocked off the number 1 seed which was green central....sc came to the CORRAL and whooped us...we were looking ahead to clinton and they did us in.......Dempsey was a starting freshman then.....so I'm pretty sure he'll have those guys ready to go!!!!!

Lookin at the second round games I think this one is the Game of the Week in East 2A, maybe all of 2A. Its gonna be a Bruiser. Of course I think SWO wins. And I dont care what the score is.....little or a bunch, dont matter. Just hope we come out ok with bumps and bruises.

Lookin at the second round games I think this one is the Game of the Week in East 2A, maybe all of 2A. Its gonna be a Bruiser. Of course I think SWO wins. And I dont care what the score is.....little or a bunch, dont matter. Just hope we come out ok with bumps and bruises.

Very true.. Going to be a smashmouth football game. Can't wait, SWO better come ready to play. Heard Jordan will be 100% and ready to roll. We will need him

I remember that game.....shouldve had home field advantage that year but we lost to clinton last game of the season which put us in 3 way the and we got the short draw and had to go in the road......kota had 3 fumbles that night!!!!

Saw post of SWO big line. Wait till you see SC defensive line. Two are 300 and the small one is 290. These are not fat boys, these are just big young men. SC defense is good against the run, but can be passed on. SC offense is big and fast and will make big plays. Should be a great game between two great programs.

Reactions: SWO-#1
Saw post of SWO big line. Wait till you see SC defensive line. Two are 300 and the small one is 290. These are not fat boys, these are just big young men. SC defense is good against the run, but can be passed on. SC offense is big and fast and will make big plays. Should be a great game between two great programs.

I would say its Pound for Pound. As I said in earlier post its gonna be won or lost in the trenches. Neither gets sand kicked in their face ..... ;)

That Bertie team there y’all played was something...I don’t know what they were but they were something...jeez

That Bertie team there y’all played was something...I don’t know what they were but they were something...jeez

They had some issues before the game. Their QB was put out last week with injury. The backup QB was dismissed from the team. The wide reciever had to play QB and he was the one that caught all the passes this year. Cooper is a good RB with over 1000 yards this year, just had no line to block. negative yards rushing all night. They were out weighed by A LOT. Hated to see that for em, but we have all been thru it. They have 2 3A titles but for some reason the student population dropped thru the floor, havnt been the same since.

Yeah I didn’t realize just how bad of shape they were in till I watched the video and man they are hurting. Hope they pull it together, hate to see any program fall off like that

Yeah I didn’t realize just how bad of shape they were in till I watched the video and man they are hurting. Hope they pull it together, hate to see any program fall off like that

LoL your right when they got off the bus, thought they brought their JV team

I haven’t seen anything on SC, but they better have some meat out there because the SWO Oline is huge. The rb will get right behind them hogs and 3 or 4 yards you to death. It’s definitely gonna be a smash mouth game and all depends on who can stop who the most. Any lost fumbles will be huge. There won’t be 50 yards passing from both teams lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SWO and dogs79
I’m going to say this much and leave it at that, your boys at SWO might be big but so are ours. Size and strength are two different categories. Our boys have put in countless hours in the weight room. We can stop your run game, no doubt. But can your defense stop our run game? Don’t think so. THE SCHS Stallions by 2 TD.

Yes ,but I'll see ya for Eastern Championship. I know you pay your depths.
Always do, unfortunately I've been a big gambler all my life. I know a couple of Northeastern posters up here that know me personally who will a test to this. I will contact you before the game Friday to confirm everything. I know nothing about South Columbus but I did get a good line on SWO. I will call Thursday night. Good luck against Goldsboro

Reactions: dogs79
Always do, unfortunately I've been a big gambler all my life. I know a couple of Northeastern posters up here that know me personally who will a test to this. I will contact you before the game Friday to confirm everything. I know nothing about South Columbus but I did get a good line on SWO. I will call Thursday night. Good luck against Goldsboro
Don't let your hate for SWO cost you. I ain't scared,but we'll come up with something for Eastern championship. We'll have to eat somewhere else this year. That place we ate,was not ready for all us last year.

Reactions: daagoob
Don't let your hate for SWO cost you. I ain't scared,but we'll come up with something for Eastern championship. We'll have to eat somewhere else this year. That place we ate,was not ready for all us last year.

I'm ready, we can eat at City Grille. It's right by the stadium at the traffic light. Dempsey said he was paying for his cousin and that his uncle who lives next door is moving beside the guy that rode with you. Im so confused by it all, i just know Dempsey is betting against Northeastern,lol. We have a $100 standing bet on all Northeastern games from 3rd round on. He has lost all faith in us. Not me though, this year's Eagles are better than last year's and our defense is scary good and will only get even better starting this week. Good luck to WRH,Clinton,and SWO. Im hoping to see at least two of you here in Elizabeth City.

I'm ready, we can eat at City Grille. It's right by the stadium at the traffic light. Dempsey said he was paying for his cousin and that his uncle who lives next door is moving beside the guy that rode with you. Im so confused by it all, i just know Dempsey is betting against Northeastern,lol. We have a $100 standing bet on all Northeastern games from 3rd round on. He has lost all faith in us. Not me though, this year's Eagles are better than last year's and our defense is scary good and will only get even better starting this week. Good luck to WRH,Clinton,and SWO. Im hoping to see at least two of you here in Elizabeth City.
I'm Dempseys cousin and one of the guy that rode with me . His uncle lives almost beside me when he comes to Teachey. Check this out! We all are Black Beards ancestry. No joke!

Reactions: daagoob
I'm Dempseys cousin and one of the guy that rode with me . His uncle lives almost beside me when he comes to Teachey. Check this out! We all are Black Beards ancestry. No joke!
I'm so confused now,lol. Ok well your food and beer is on Dempsey, he told me to tell you. We'll handle business on our end of the bracket, you guys just need to do your thing on your end so we can meet up and get that rematch.

Hindenburg Line - Famed German Defensive line in WWI. Overcome by ground assaults.

Maginot Line - Another touted Defensive line, this one by the French. Just another Big Trench that could not contain the blitzkrieg, tank and air assault.

South Columbus Line - Will history repeat itself ? Can it withstand a SWO ground assault and if needed air attack over the line ? Stay tuned for further developments !

Hindenburg Line - Famed German Defensive line in WWI. Overcome by ground assaults.

Maginot Line - Another touted Defensive line, this one by the French. Just another Big Trench that could not contain the blitzkrieg, tank and air assault.

South Columbus Line - Will history repeat itself ? Can it withstand a SWO ground assault and if needed air attack over the line ? Stay tuned for further developments !

....you trying hard huh?

Reactions: chipshot1
Just trying to generate a little banter about this game....:D I enjoy the back and forth of the two fan bases. Thats what this forum is here for. I like to read the comparisons of the two teams and the expected outcome. Both camps have their opinions. Some based on stats, some hopes, and some down right crazy. Throw in the comments by onlookers of other teams fans and you get an interesting mixture. Game will probably be a mixture of all of them. Its a time filler before Friday night at 0730.

Reactions: 1SWO and dogs79
I’m going to say this much and leave it at that, your boys at SWO might be big but so are ours. Size and strength are two different categories. Our boys have put in countless hours in the weight room. We can stop your run game, no doubt. But can your defense stop our run game? Don’t think so. THE SCHS Stallions by 2 TD.

Now thats a straight forward opinion. Yes size and strength dont always go hand in hand. In the case of the Stallions (both teams) I think it does. Weight room work has always been a staple for SWO football. Im sure the same for SC. When the two big lines meet who will give, maybe neither. another game like the great 7-2 playoff game. It was decided by a shanked punt late in the 4th qtr. For the backs to catch a crack only a little is needed. Both teams should have a good week of practice, only have to play them selfs to get ready. Dont think there are two teams more alike in 2A. Same name, same game plan, like size.

Dont get any better than that ....... :cool:

My word. How many "different" SWO posters are there on this site? Lol

My word. How many "different" SWO posters are there on this site? Lol

A few five or six?? Wish we had a lot more lol??? Why, when your team is a part of the community you will have alot. Your the only SWE fan I see

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT