Dudley fumbles on SP 43
SP recovers

1:30 left in game
1 & 10 own 43
Ball game

GO BEAT, GOT BEAT BAD

GREAT YEAR RAIDERS

Last edited:
Tough night for the Red Raiders. I believe if they played Dudley nine more times, Dudley would have won all ten.
Great season SP. Early in the season I don’t think anybody would have given SP a chance to make regional finals.

Dudley is a great team and we needed everything to go right to capture this win. Dudley bobble opening kickoff and runs it back for a TD. Raider move the ball well on the first series and then lose their QB Phifer. At that point you knew that it was going to be virtually impossible to have enough O to keep up with Dudley. SP D played solid but gave up explosive plays to some exceptional athletes. Last score for Dudley was setup by a fumble by the backup QB. Proud of the Raiders as they never quit even when out manned.

Reactions: sasha_nc
While I give nothing but accolades to the Dudley team, they need to lose the obnoxious guy in the press box. This game is about the kids and not a stage for some adult to try to dominate the night's experience. Whoever you are, give up that gig and let someone with class take that job and make it about the kids.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Belmont community couldn't be prouder. You gave it all you had against a bigger, faster, more talented team.
GO BIG RED!!!!

Reactions: seadog28
In all seriousness, I give the southpoint fans a hard time (mainly because of being up 42 to nothing on East Gaston and throwing for a TD a couple years back) by far the best team in Gaston county and have the hardest working kids. That coach is doing a good job. No way a team with that few athletes should be this deep in the playoffs.

While I give nothing but accolades to the Dudley team, they need to lose the obnoxious guy in the press box. This game is about the kids and not a stage for some adult to try to dominate the night's experience. Whoever you are, give up that gig and let someone with class take that job and make it about the kids.
Uh, no. If you don't like his "obnoxiousness" then shut him up by winning.

Last edited:
John Allen use to be the University of North Carolina A&T Aggies Football Announcer. He doesn't mean any harm or malice, just his way of hyping up the Dudley Crowd. Most Teams and Fans in the Gbo/Winston Salem/High Point Region just shake their heads and laugh. But teams that not from up here, it will burn them up.

John Allen use to be the University of North Carolina A&T Aggies Football Announcer. He doesn't mean any harm or malice, just his way of hyping up the Dudley Crowd. Most Teams and Fans in the Gbo/Winston Salem/High Point Region just shake their heads and laugh. But teams that not from up here, it will burn them up.
Exactly, we had a similar guy a Carver a long time ago. I remember him as a child yelling "bumbling, stumbling down to the 10 yard line" many times. I wish I could remember his name, but he was a joy.

Dudley, WhoaMule will likely be at home tomorrow night. However, most teams with winning traditions have heart and talent. D-boys have size, talent and heart. SP doesn't have much size so have to depend on talent and a bunch of heart to win. So expect your big-sized boys to hurt on Saturday morning, even if they win on Friday night.
The Panthers smallest guy probably would be considered to be twice the size of our smallest guys. Of course, I may be getting old but some of our players looked like 13 year olds they were so small. However, I hope that the DBoyz realize tomorrow morning as they attempt to rise from bed that the Red Raiders may have gotten beaten badly and may not have scored, but they seriously bruised the Panthers' hides for at least a day or two...

Congratulations to the Dudley Panthers. Great win, so go take the championship from Rose.

The Panthers smallest guy probably would be considered to be twice the size of our smallest guys. Of course, I may be getting old but some of our players looked like 13 year olds they were so small. However, I hope that the DBoyz realize tomorrow morning as they attempt to rise from bed that the Red Raiders may have gotten beaten badly and may not have scored, but they seriously bruised the Panthers' hides for at least a day or two...

Congratulations to the Dudley Panthers. Great win, so go take the championship from Rose.
Thanks for the Well Wishes. I wish nothing but the best for your team, that Great Running Back Tyson Riley. He did all he could and more. Hope the QB gets healthy!

Reactions: sasha_nc
I was at the game sitting on SP side. Really nice fans. South Point played hard. I feel they will be back in the mix next year with a better and more experience team. Congratulations to South Point for making it that far and congratulations to Dudley. Best of luck to Dudley next week in the State Championship game.

When you are outmatched, you take your whipping without any excuses. SP was outmatched tonight, plain & simple and we got our whipping. The game was over in the first 16 seconds. Congratulations to Dudley and best of luck in the championship next week. If there is a better team in NC, I would love to see them. I would pay cash money to see a Shelby - Dudley game but I think Dudley would win. And by the way, the fish was as excellent as advertised. Maybe not worth seeing the Raiders get pounded but it definitely helped the medicine go down. Thanks Dudley for your hospitality and great venue but for goodness sake start selling sodey dopes somewhere cause we be thirsty!

I love seeing ole Page assistant coach Steven Davis lead Dudley to more and more title game appearances. That Marion Kirby coaching tree is still bearing many ripe fruit! :D

Congrats Panthers on the win tonight! Bring back the Chip to Greensboro!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT