ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Dudley Regional Final

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Let's get it started... Dudley is the favorite but South Point has that x factor as a unit that makes them upset teams they should not be able to at times.

It's the midgets vs the college factory 😀 should be fun!

Dudley has a real good defense against the run. I think for South Point to win they will need to mix the pass with run. I think this will be a good game.

That "X FACTOR" is called heart. That will sometimes beat better teams. IMO that is what kept Pisgah going this year when things got so bad from the first day of the season with all they endured.. SP has heart as well....As they showed many times this year.

Dudley has a real good defense against the run. I think for South Point to win they will need to mix the pass with run. I think this will be a good game.
Stopping the run vs. stopping the option run well is a different animal. Not saying that means anything this coming week but they are different. I hope we keep it close.

I expect a hard fought game and you don't make it to the 5th round with a shabby team. South Point is a solid team and we expect their best every play. And like Chop said it's all about fundamentals and playing mistake free football. I do feel that whoever win this game may win state. The 5th round usually the toughest game. With that said I'm taking my DBoyz nothing personal it's just business 😎 . One crazy stat for my Boyz we have over 90 sacks for the season that's craaaaazy.

DBOYZ IN THE HOUSE BAD NEWS!!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Looking forward to a great match up, I’ve watched some of the coaches shows on YouTube this morning from South Point, I can feel the pride in that program. Two hard nose, tough programs going at it . You can’t ask for much more in December football. Welcome to Greensboro Red Raiders. Looking forward to hosting you guys Friday!

Stopping that Red Bone is a different animal. I know nothing about Dudley except they have two really good backs with a ton of yards per carry but all 11 on that defense will have to play disciplined football every play. It’s typically tougher for teams that have not played them on a normal basis. Not sure how SP defense matches up to their offense.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Dudley, load up your concession stand on the visitors side cause the Red Raiders will be coming in throngs and they be hongry.
You had me for a min. Thought you said thongs man. 😂😂😂
I remember Asheville in the Joe Brown days. Y’all packed the visitors side and it was standing room only in the snow.

BTW if Seadog shows up you can smell the burnt rat and toilet swill fermenting from the party bus he brings on occasion

he will be liquored up on the aforementioned swill and cherry skoal so y’all might need to carry him inside and keep him from pre-game jail time

BTW if Seadog shows up you can smell the burnt rat and toilet swill fermenting from the party bus he brings on occasion

he will be liquored up on the aforementioned swill and cherry skoal so y’all might need to carry him inside and keep him from pre-game jail time
He’ll be the guy in the trench coat and a whole can of Copenhagen in his jaw… 😂

Dudley folks

this is South Point! You’ll need to stock up on mayonnaise sammiches and pigs feet! They’ll eat anything that ain’t nailed down….
Throw in a carp sammich and some Wild Irish Rose and an after party bowling trip and it’ll be like they are at home ;)

good luck fellas should be a good one
Man I laughed way too hard at this! I am a sucker for a good carp sammich though

I see a similar game like South Point and Hickory Ridge earlier in the year. But South Point can always surprise you.🙄
I would be really surprised if Dudley has as a complete of team as Hickory Ridge. HR was easily the best team SP faced this year and it wasn’t close.

Dudley, load up your concession stand on the visitors side cause the Red Raiders will be coming in throngs and they be hongry.
RR73 - how many do you think will be coming from Belmont this week? I keep remembering when we went to West Rowan the first time It was cold and hardly no where to sit. However, I don't think the situation at Dudley will be that way as they have a traditionally strong football program.

Any Dudley folks know how many your visitor side seating will hold? I am thinking around 1500 plus whatever standing capacity around the track area.

Dudley has a good sized away side. I was impressed when I went there. The whole experience, other than my team losing, was fantastic. Good eats and courteous people for the most part. The Tarp remains one of my favorite venues.

Can you pay cash at gate or is it by phone. This is a game of interest for me. I think it’s going to be a good one.

Dudley folks

this is South Point! You’ll need to stock up on mayonnaise sammiches and pigs feet! They’ll eat anything that ain’t nailed down….
Throw in a carp sammich and some Wild Irish Rose and an after party bowling trip and it’ll be like they are at home ;)

Well they will need to bring thier own. Pigfeet is not on the menu. And Carp sandwiches?🤢😅

RR73 - how many do you think will be coming from Belmont this week? I keep remembering when we went to West Rowan the first time It was cold and hardly no where to sit. However, I don't think the situation at Dudley will be that way as they have a traditionally strong football program.

Any Dudley folks know how many your visitor side seating will hold? I am thinking around 1500 plus whatever standing capacity around the track area.
You'll have plenty of room to sit. Alot of people love to stand behind the fence by the track . Our visitor side and home side is about the same. I will give you a heads up that alot our fans love to sit on the visitor side also because it's easier to exit

Reactions: BlackKnightNut

Sasha, not sure how many but based on the crowds the last two weeks, it will be a lot. The crowds had been disappointingly small this season until the last two weeks but those crowds were like the old times. I think there were as many SP fans as Crest had last week. That was a big surprise. Often times in the past, SP has outnumbered the home teams when we travel but never before at Crest. Their side was not full. Maybe they had a premonition and stayed home. Looking forward next week to a big crowd, great game and some of that fried fish! Let's go Red Raiders!

Dudley folks

Shelby Lion you are a hoot. And you may not be too far off with your analysis either, ha ha. Good luck to the Lions next week as if they really need any luck.

Reactions: Shelby Lion

Tickets will be sold at the gate. Our stadium sits well over 5,000. I believe the away sides sits about 1500-1750.

Dudley has a good sized away side. I was impressed when I went there. The whole experience, other than my team losing, was fantastic. Good eats and courteous people for the most part. The Tarp remains one of my favorite venues.
I went to a Dudley - Charlotte Catholic game (around 2015 I think) and it was a great facility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT