ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville vs South Point Rd 1

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
What appears to possibly be a good game Statesville takes on South Point. Now my question is. Since it’s the playoffs will they start the game at 6:30 or 7 or 7:30. MaxPreps is showing start time 7.

Last edited:
I Notice North Lincoln was seeded higher than Statesville. How can that be Statesville beat North Lincoln and finished ahead of them in the Conference? Statesville got screwed and got a tougher opponent in round 1. This bracket is about like the Twlight Zone.

I Notice North Lincoln was seeded higher than Statesville. How can that be Statesville beat North Lincoln and finished ahead of them in the Conference? Statesville got screwed and got a tougher opponent in round 1. This bracket is about like the Twlight Zone.
If you don't finish first in your conference, nothing else matters bedside rpi. Pretty simple.

If you don't finish first in your conference, nothing else matters bedside rpi. Pretty simple.
Seems you could be right...Statesville should have been seed in the group of 2nd place teams... then they did all at large... minus the Ashe Co thing because they couldn't jump Freedom who was 40 something in RPI but finshed ahead of them in conference... had they both been inside the top 31 both would have made it??? Those 2 things are a little strange

If the seeded with 2's is correct it's up to the AD at Statesville to call the NCHSAA when the preliminary bracket is out to fix it...

Who knows!! Let the fun begin!!!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Seems you could be right...Statesville should have been seed in the group of 2nd place teams... then they did all at large... minus the Ashe Co thing because they couldn't jump Freedom who was 40 something in RPI but finshed ahead of them in conference... had they both been inside the top 31 both would have made it??? Those 2 things are a little strange

If the seeded with 2's is correct it's up to the AD at Statesville to call the NCHSAA when the preliminary bracket is out to fix it...

Who knows!! Let the fun begin!!!
They have no such thing as 2nd place teams.. It is all 1st place and then everyone else based on rpi, with the exception of a few rules like leapfrog.

They have no such thing as 2nd place teams.. It is all 1st place and then everyone else based on rpi, with the exception of a few rules like leapfrog.
Example...
The Big South has 6 teams in 3A west playoffs. The team that came in 6th could be the last seed(#32) and make the playoffs over your conference 2nd seed if their RPI was very low.(say 40s). That 2nd place in conference would keep them out of playoffs.

Statesville 28 SP 22:

Statesville D is solid, Statesville is hit or miss just depends on who shows up but #2 is by far their best player.

I watched their game against Hickory and came away impressed. Max preps has no stats on them so hard to tell. QB looks like an Olineman but throws well. Speed in backfield but depends on how strong Hickory is. Appear to have no kicking game which can be important.

If SP can get both the qb and Fb back and 100% I think they will be fine. Although 10 at qb and 19 at Fb have looked pretty strong when they have had to fill in. They’ve got to hold onto the ball, regardless of who is in the backfield.

I like Statesville is the game. I seen the Huss-SP tape and the KM-SP tape. Statesville will have opportunities to exploit SP. Playing Lake Norman and North Lincoln should have Statesville more accustomed to the triple option. I'm expecting at 34-24 type of game.

Statesville got to eliminate turnovers. They had 5 against Hickory.

I like Statesville is the game. I seen the Huss-SP tape and the KM-SP tape. Statesville will have opportunities to exploit SP. Playing Lake Norman and North Lincoln should have Statesville more accustomed to the triple option. I'm expecting at 34-24 type of game.

Turnover free this week Champ... Or roll out the 🏀 's...

It looks like it will be quite cool at kickoff. The low is expected to be around 36. So I can see it being 42 - 46 degrees at kickoff.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
SP has had a tendency to drive to the opponents 10 yard line and put the ball on the ground. Rushing game has been good if Blee's ankle stays strong. McKinney is starting to do damage along with Blee and Ford so if they hang onto the ball and stay healthy the running game is hard to stop.

SOUTH POINT is down a little this year but SOUTH POINT is still SOUTH POINT I will take SP.

SP- 28 Statesville 27

I don’t know much about statesville but I know SP. They’ll be playoff ready. Blee a great player will show up when he needs to. Redbone is beyond hard to stop. SP in a close one.
SP football from the dawn of time is all about the OL. While running this offense, you can Insert qb,fb,rb names here. Go look at the numbers and you will find most are all about the same. We go as the OL goes just like every year. Hopefully our OL is healthy/strong and we have a good chance against anyone. If not....could be trouble.

South point ain't what they used to be.
If you are talking about the historic run by the team the last two years...I guess you are right. I think very few....(maybe ONE) teams in SP history can claim they did anything close to that including state championship years. SP isn't as good as last couple years but they might be soon!!!!!???

Reactions: SPRaiders78
If you are talking about the historic run by the team the last two years...I guess you are right. I think very few....(maybe ONE) teams in SP history can claim they did anything close to that including state championship years. SP isn't as good as last couple years but they might be soon!!!!!???
I’m just hoping Blee and Ford are healthy and ready to go. If not it might be a long cold night in Statesville.

My 2 cents. SP was leading possibly the best 3A team in the state by 21 and was up by 1 with 4 minutes to go before losing at the end. They went toe to toe with a top 10 Kings Mountain team before losing towards the end. They can play with anyone. I don't think Statesville could have done that. I'll take South Point by 10, setting up a very fun 2nd round matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT