ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville vs South Point Rd 1

This was a good game to watch no matter the outcome . Statesville didn’t catch any breaks on the South Point fumbles as South Point recovered both of them. South Point had no turnovers for the game and the one time Statesville fumbled South Point took it to the house 55yds. I thought for sure South Point would get the 2 point conversion at the 2 min mark after Statesville was called offsides and moved it closer it was definitely close at the goal line. ……Statesville wasn’t stopping South Point and South Point wasn’t stopping Statesville in 2nd half. There were no punts in 2nd half each team had 3 possessions with 3 tds for South point and 2tds for Statesville . Statesville 3rd possession was the one where the ran the clock out. South Point ended with 238 yards offense and Statesville had 361 yds …..Not a whole lot of penalty’s Over all good game to watch with good flow.

Last edited:
Easily the best defensive effort in the first half by far this year by the hounds. SP had less than 70 yards of offense at halftime. That Redbone is nerve racking but our guys hung in there for the win. I talked to a SP fan at the game and he said our defensive front was as good as he has seen against the Redbone this year. Now back to Boiling Springs next Friday. Last year we played Crest even in the first half but could not finish strong. We need to enjoy this win and then re focus for next Friday. However my question is: why didn't SP kick the extra point and tie the game? Their kicker is awesome and headed to NC State, I believe. Still a great ballgame!

However my question is: why didn't SP kick the extra point and tie the game? Their kicker is awesome and headed to NC State, I believe. Still a great ballgame!
My guess is they know Statesville doesn’t have a kicker and went for the win . Knowing Statesville couldn’t kick a fg to beat them make them score a td in remaining 2 min to beat you vs chancing OT.

Reactions: KW23 and Vik-Val 86
Ford not in uniform for SP was a major hit on defense and offense. Would have loved to have him on the 2 pt attempt. Blee is a warrior, played hard on that bad ankle. RB# 2 for Statesville gave us fits and was the difference for them. Believe it would have been different at full strength but you play with the ones you have.

My guess is they know Statesville doesn’t have a kicker and went for the win . Knowing Statesville couldn’t kick a fg to beat them make them score a td in remaining 2 min to beat you vs chancing OT.
Ok I see your point. But why not force ot knowing we didn't have a kicker and SP had the momentum and a good kicker. We were told he can kick from over 50 yards. In other words we have to score tds to win but Sp can win with field goals in ot. Another thing: why the pooch kickoff giving us great field position to go and score on a short field?
Ford not in uniform for SP was a major hit on defense and offense. Would have loved to have him on the 2 pt attempt. Blee is a warrior, played hard on that bad ankle. RB# 2 for Statesville gave us fits and was the difference for them. Believe it would have been different at full strength but you play with the ones you have.
Not just a warrior, a warrior stud!!

Reactions: RedRaiderhood
I think SP went for two because coach knew they couldn’t stop Statesville from the 10 yd line. Get the lead and hope they can’t score in a minute and a half. SP only forced one punt that I recall and one big turnover.

Reactions: FormerDog38
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT