ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville vs South Point Rd 1

For Statesville to win their going have to be disclipline on defense to slow down SP Redbone offense. Statesville going to have to prove that they can make some stops and create turnovers. Its been several years since i have watch a South Point game. They seem to score points, but also give up alot of points.

My 2 cents. SP was leading possibly the best 3A team in the state by 21 and was up by 1 with 4 minutes to go before losing at the end. They went toe to toe with a top 10 Kings Mountain team before losing towards the end. They can play with anyone. I don't think Statesville could have done that. I'll take South Point by 10, setting up a very fun 2nd round matchup.
Rollercoaster team this year. They seem to play well against the tough guys with some close loses to Charlotte Christian, Crest, and KM and some suspect play against lesser competition.

SP had multiple TD's leads in the 2nd half against Crest and Huss and couldn't finish. Had a lead against KM in the 2nd half and couldn't finish. And just wasnt able to outscore Charlotte Christian.

So, I too, believe SP can play with anyone or down to anyone on any given Friday.

My 2 cents. SP was leading possibly the best 3A team in the state by 21 and was up by 1 with 4 minutes to go before losing at the end. They went toe to toe with a top 10 Kings Mountain team before losing towards the end. They can play with anyone. I don't think Statesville could have done that. I'll take South Point by 10, setting up a very fun 2nd round matchup.
SP offensively is still SP, maybe not quite as explosive, the defense is not near as strong imo.
Go red bone, go Raiders, get a rematch at the ranch

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
One thing about South Point. They will have some good years ahead of them after this season. Statesville I see should improve as well in the future.

Reactions: FormerDog38
I thought we were supposed to hate you. At least that’s what you told us all summer.
Don’t worry. There’s enough hate to go around.

Let’s assume SP wins. Do you want me to see if they’ll let you have your gurney wheeled in on the home side so you can experience the hate in real time?

Just don’t take your erectile dysfunction medicine if you do. No one wants to be staring at an inch and a half of blanket sticking up in the middle of a football game. It’d be distracting in a funny kind of way and give a brand new meaning to the term red bone.

Last edited:
All the one I like are named above but If u want something fast n easy - Hardee’s is right there by the HS about less then 1 mile or so from the school

Don’t worry. There’s enough hate to go around.

Let’s assume SP wins. Do you want me to see if they’ll let you have your gurney wheeled in on the home side so you can experience the hate in real time?

Just don’t take your erectile dysfunction medicine if you do. No one wants to be staring at an inch and a half of blanket sticking up in the middle of a football game. It’d be distracting in a funny kind of way and give a brand new meaning to the term red bone.
Don’t be so condescending, it’d be two inches. Oh and if SP happened to win a playoff rematch, I wouldn’t need my gurney. I’d just paddle over on the river of tears coming from the home sides. I hope we’ll see y’all next week. With Blee and Ford both banged up, it’s possible we won’t get to make that second trip to Boiling Springs. Time will tell my friend (that hates me). Time will tell.

Don’t be so condescending, it’d be two inches. Oh and if SP happened to win a playoff rematch, I wouldn’t need my gurney. I’d just paddle over on the river of tears coming from the home sides. I hope we’ll see y’all next week. With Blee and Ford both banged up, it’s possible we won’t get to make that second trip to Boiling Springs. Time will tell my friend (that hates me). Time will tell.
I don’t hate you at all.

If y’all win and you come down here I’m going to walk over and hug your neck. (No homo)

I’m just goofing around. Always have been.

Statesville defense is pretty good. Statesville is pretty big and fast on defense. I think this game will be over quick both teams will keep that clock running . Statesville doesn’t get in any hurry on offense, and with South Point rushing attack equals quick game . Statesville offense is the only thing that worries me definitely not as good as their defense. I think the game is a toss up wouldnt suprise me either way.

I don’t hate you at all.

If y’all win and you come down here I’m going to walk over and hug your neck. (No homo)

I’m just goofing around. Always have been.
That comit reminds me of a line from one of my favorite comics, Justin Wilson. “If I’ve offended you I’m sorry, from the bottom of my heart I did not intend to do so. Actually I don’t give a damn I sure as hell don’t”

I’m supposed to be in Black Mt next weekend but it’s only about an hours drive. Gotta win tonight before I need to worry about next week.

Reactions: FormerDog38
That comit reminds me of a line from one of my favorite comics, Justin Wilson. “If I’ve offended you I’m sorry, from the bottom of my heart I did not intend to do so. Actually I don’t give a damn I sure as hell don’t”

I’m supposed to be in Black Mt next weekend but it’s only about an hours drive. Gotta win tonight before I need to worry about next week.
I know Rulz gives you a hard time on here but I promise you he’s one of the best dudes you will ever meet…. He just likes to rile people up for the fun of it
Pulling for the midgets to win tonight so I can watch the crampers and the midgets fight it out again 😂

Blee missed a good part of the 2nd half against NG. He never came back into the game.
Ford went down in the 2nd quarter with what looked like an ankle injury. He came back into the game in the 2nd half.

Had SP played the first half like they did the second. I believe they would have won the game.
The two point attempt at the end was very close. I was on the 30 yd line on that end. I won’t say the ref missed the call, he was looking right down the line. The runners knee definitely hit outside the end zone. My only question is where was the ball when his knee hit. Too close to call from where I was at. It would have been nice if Blee was at 100% and Ford could have played. No excuses. The better team won tonight.
Good Lord willin, I be back for the 2024 South Point Red Raider football season. Good luck to everybody still playing. See y’all next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT