ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

44 will have 35 tackles next week. 32 of those will be an empty handed fullback. Triple O is hell to defend.

LA, no need to worry, you see that hit Dax put on East Qb, wait till next week.
Jack and Dax will be dialed up.
They hate SP

LA, no need to worry, you see that hit Dax put on East Qb, wait till next week.
Jack and Dax will be dialed up.
They hate SP

Tell Dax that a free safety should back pedal. Never mind, he'll know what I mean on Saturday.

Talked to Dax after the game tonight....defense will be ready. I’m not saying another shutout but.....(maybe I am).

Talked to Malik after the game...said he’s healthy and excited about next week.

I smell a disaster for a South Point...they won’t be ready for what we’re bringing.

but underperformed again.

Negative...I’ve said it since SPe....the only team that will beat Shelby is Shelby. We had, to my count, 4 tds called back. ER scored on a 78 yard busted play. Does 56-0 sound better? Our mistakes made the game seem closer even though there was never a doubt we would win. Glad we got them out tonight. No mistakes next week.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Talked to Dax after the game tonight....defense will be ready. I’m not saying another shutout but.....(maybe I am).

Talked to Malik after the game...said he’s healthy and excited about next week.

I smell a disaster for a South Point...they won’t be ready for what we’re bringing.

Okay, I see what you're doing here, rain man. You bring up two of my favorite players to make a weak argument and get me off balanced. Tell Malik and Dax that they are going down hard on Friday night. No sense in getting their hopes up. It's the adult thing to do. Both have great futures ahead of them, but the earlier they experience reality, the better!

Negative...I’ve said it since SPe....the only team that will beat Shelby is Shelby. We had, to my count, 4 tds called back. ER scored on a 78 yard busted play. Does 56-0 sound better? Our mistakes made the game seem closer even though there was never a doubt we would win. Glad we got them out tonight. No mistakes next week.

I showed this post to my 7 year old daughter and she said, "that dude's a bitch!" No lie!!!

Reactions: raidertime
I showed this post to my 7 year old daughter and she said, "that dude's a bitch!" No lie!!!

You’re a bad parent if your 7 year old is awake at midnight and she’s not gonna go very far in life with a mouth like that. Getting her started the Belmont way early I see.

How did you come to this conclusion? Were we supposed to match South Point’s scoring output they had vs East Rutherford or something? Is it possible that we could have been looking ahead tonight? We had, unofficially, 416 yards of offense tonight, however, we also had 142 yards in penalties and three touchdowns called back. Shelby will be ready next week. Count on it.

LT I suppose next week you will point out the highlights of the Lions performance but smother it all with excuses as to why SP came away with a victory. Apparently you were a Charger fan at one time.

Reactions: seadog28
Last nights performance was a trip back to Realville. Line blocked poorly except for a few times in pass plays. The run blocking was porous for the most part. I think one time all year we have run the ball successfully and that was against AC Reynolds. Last night Da Da had to create his own running lanes. Any lesser of a back gets nothing behind that blocking. Last night looked like KM and Crest all over again except East is a far lesser team. I think we are looking at 2007 all over again, where the defense carried the team all year. I know last night was senior night but if they give that kind effort down at South Point we will loose 21-7 or 21-0. Sorry to rain on the parade but playing 3 cupcakes I’m afraid gave some a false sense of reality.

Reactions: redtic=
Last nights performance was a trip back to Realville. Line blocked poorly except for a few times in pass plays. The run blocking was porous for the most part. I think one time all year we have run the ball successfully and that was against AC Reynolds. Last night Da Da had to create his own running lanes. Any lesser of a back gets nothing behind that blocking. Last night looked like KM and Crest all over again except East is a far lesser team. I think we are looking at 2007 all over again, where the defense carried the team all year. I know last night was senior night but if they give that kind effort down at South Point we will loose 21-7 or 21-0. Sorry to rain on the parade but playing 3 cupcakes I’m afraid gave some a false sense of reality.
@ work, I will keep this short and sweet, but we apparently watched two different games. We had over 400 yards of total offense. Malik was 16 of 20 for 285 yards, Brooks had over 160 in total yards. How do you get that type of production behind poor line play? I’m not saying they resembled the Dallas Cowboys’ line, but in my opinion, they were solid, far from porous. Yes, Brooks did indeed have a lot of good individual effort. I’m with you on that , but in my opinion, the D didn’t play up to its usual standards. East’s quarterback and runningback made plays.

When HSFB MAN and D'S FLOCKS arrives they will c's HISTORY N's d'S MAKING.THE RED RAIDERS will 1=2=2=4= HIT and smash'em FOOTBALL untils d's LIONS will not b's able 2's roar anymore LICK their wounds and WALK'S away AND'S NO'S MORE KING of THE 2a IT'S OVER.

How did you come to this conclusion? Were we supposed to match South Point’s scoring output they had vs East Rutherford or something? Is it possible that we could have been looking ahead tonight? We had, unofficially, 416 yards of offense tonight, however, we also had 142 yards in penalties and three touchdowns called back. Shelby will be ready next week. Count on it.

Let them prove me wrong. Unlike alot others on here I can type 'I was wrong' without effort.
If the O line hasn't improved significantly by now( especially to extend some plays), you're in trouble for the rest of whatever season you have left.

Until then, advantage goes to the Raiders.

Reactions: Lion Attack
So that it doesn't seem like I am disrespecting East Rutherford, I will say they were better than I expected. I don't know how they lost to Burns, but other than that game they are having a solid year. And I'm glad too, when ER was really good around 2005-2006 they were our funnest rivalry. I loved those games, even though we didn't win every one. So, welcome back to the conversation ER. Don't disappear! Build on this season. That QB is fast. He could get the corner every time. Running back is for real. We keyed on him, and he still broke a long one. #44 is as good of a linebacker as I've seen this season, and that is really saying something.

As for our game last night, we were just awfully sloppy. Tons of penalties that extended ER drives. Several TD's called back. #14 giving away two fumbles, though he never fumbles. Still, we were never in danger of losing. Dominated the game, even though we made a ton of mistakes.
The line wasn't bad. They have improved throughout the year and they'll have another big test next week.
QB was fantastic. He is a very underrated runner. I loved how he kept them guessing last night. The short passing game is where it is at though. Don't know why that drops out of the play book from time to time. That's loosens up the running game and adds some surprise when #12 throws those deep strikes like he did a few times last night.

South Point is in trouble. I will make a 100% guarantee: You have not played a team like Shelby this year. If you win, you will have played your very best game. Trust that.

@ work, I will keep this short and sweet, but we apparently watched two different games. We had over 400 yards of total offense. Malik was 16 of 20 for 285 yards, Brooks had over 160 in total yards. How do you get that type of production behind poor line play? I’m not saying they resembled the Dallas Cowboys’ line, but in my opinion, they were solid, far from porous. Yes, Brooks did indeed have a lot of good individual effort. I’m with you on that , but in my opinion, the D didn’t play up to its usual standards. East’s quarterback and runningback made plays.

The O line is softer than wet cleanex. If they were not the QB and running backs would be virtually untouched behind the line of scrimmage much like previous seasons. That is not the case. I think SP is stronger in the trenches and that's where the game is won.

With my last post I inspired myself. Been doing some more thinking:

So yeah, 100% sure Shelby will be the best team SP has played this year.
Also 100% sure that we have already played better teams than SP. SP might be the second best team we play, but they could be the third or fourth best team we play. That's not an insult, AC Reynolds and Kings Mountain have only lost to us.

So what else do we know? We know Shelby can come from behind and win.
We know Shelby can win close games
We know Shelby can beat very good teams.

Again SP. If you only play the second best you've played all year, you will lose Friday night. Only your very best game gives you a chance.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
WMD, this one is going to be a prize fight. Both are going to take big punches. The team that keeps their cool, adjusts to the speed and physicality, stays disciplined and answers the bell will win it.

It's gonna be rocking in Belmont! Can't wait!

With my last post I inspired myself. Been doing some more thinking:

So yeah, 100% sure Shelby will be the best team SP has played this year.
Also 100% sure that we have already played better teams than SP. SP might be the second best team we play, but they could be the third or fourth best team we play. That's not an insult, AC Reynolds and Kings Mountain have only lost to us.

So what else do we know? We know Shelby can come from behind and win.
We know Shelby can win close games
We know Shelby can beat very good teams.

Again SP. If you only play the second best you've played all year, you will lose Friday night. Only your very best game gives you a chance.

This also applies to your team. If they play next week like they played this week you will be road warriors fighting to survive.

I don't think Shelby or South Point could beat AC Reynolds or KM if they played them at this point in the season. Those are good wins but you can't look at them under the same lens at this point in time.

WMD, this one is going to be a prize fight. Both are going to take big punches. The team that keeps their cool, adjusts to the speed and physicality, stays disciplined and answers the bell will win it.

It's gonna be rocking in Belmont! Can't wait!

SP has the advantage at the line of scrimmage and at referee, it's theirs to lose.

Lets be truthful:
Shelby fans, and team respect SP, there's been some Epic battles over the years.
Now, lets look at Facts::we know Shelby will have the best D Sp has seen.
We also know, this hasnt been Shelbys best offense, but does what it has to to win.
SP, we know the red-bone and we know there D has been playing good, so im thinking a big Defensive game.
Belive me Lance and Co. Will come in with a plan,
But what i truly think, SP clams they can pass?,,, I think there going need it, and we got some pretty good Dbs.
Hope Lance runs the 2 back set, its hard to stop..
But this will be a war, u can bet.
Good luck to both, hoping for clean game, and injury free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT