ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

Shelby’s D had a lot to do with that so called sloppy play, and you mentioned in an earlier post that they couldn’t hold onto the ball. They fumbled once, and it was their only turnover of the game, and besides Buford, we played them closer than anyone, margin wise. Anyway, the South Pointe game is behind us, and one thing is for certain, Belmont South Point is no Rock Hill South Point, two different animals.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Shelby’s D had a lot to do with that, and you mentioned in an earlier post that they couldn’t hold onto the ball. They fumbled once, and it was there only turnover of the game, and besides Buford, we played them closer than anyone, margin wise.Anyway, The South Pointe game is behind and one thing is for certain, Belmont South Point is no Rock Hill South Point, two different animals.

Yes your defense played them better than Buford. SPe respected your defense and Buford defense was suspect. That said, South Pointe was sloppy that game. Several plays they lost the ball and recovered it themselves. You know I have no bias, I call as I see it.

I respect South Point, and I’m sure it’s mutual, but honestly, I’m more concerned about the refs than anything. You can bet that we will have at least one touchdown called back. Heck, East Rutherford had one called back, a td run by the runningback. The ref waited till the back was at the 10, before he decided to throw a flag. The last time we played there, we literally had to score about 5 times in one possession, before Coondog, who was obviously one of refs, finally gave up flagging us, and saw that we weren’t going to be denied.

Yes your defense played them better than Buford. SPe respected your defense and Buford defense was suspect. That said, South Pointe was sloppy that game. Several plays they lost the ball and recovered it themselves. You know I have no bias, I call as I see it.
Right, I agree w/ you most of the time, but man handled? No! I actually thought our boys gave a good account of themselves. Like 72 has repeatedly said, we were indeed on the move, down 13-0. We had a receiver, who had no one within 15 yards of him, drop a pass. Kendrick threw a bomb for a td on the very next play, that was a 14 point turnaround, swing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
Already freaking crying about the refs good lord.
Heck yeah, it’s s concern, because it can keep y’all in the game. You have to damn near blow South Point out to win at their place, and that’s hard enough as is.

We’re going to beat y’all, though, and make a statement to all of 2A, that we ain’t nothing to mess around with, 2A or 2AA. Shelby is a bad matchup for South Point, because we are one of the rare teams who has the ability to shut your run game down, behind the strength of our linebackers. Your passing game doesn’t scare me, despite the so called success you’ve had. We have ball hawks in the secondary. We’re going to out athlete you guys just as we have the last two years.

Last time we played y'all in Belmont we gave the game away dude. Y'all stopped us one game and y'all think y'all will stop us again.

Last time we played y'all in Belmont we gave the game away dude. Y'all stopped us one game and y'all think y'all will stop us again.
What?!?!?! What game were you watching, you were reffing, though, which should have given you a better look. We had over 500 yards of offense in that game. You’re delusional, man.

We was winning 21 to 7 and was moving about to be 28 to 7 then the storm came.

Last edited:
We was winning 21 to 0 and was moving about to be 28 to 0 then the storm came.
I don’t recall that margin at all, seriously. It was a storm, then it was another storm on that field. Lee absolutely shredded your D, Calvin Camp ran through your D like a knife through hot better, before getting hurt, then Truck came in, and we finished y’all. That’s my recollection of what happened.

South Pointe beat us down. No doubt. We haven't taken a beating like that in years.

The Raiders haven't taken a beating like that since...the last time they played us. Listen, on a schedule like our's, if I call you the second best opponent, that is a compliment. You guys are good. We are better. And yes, SP RH is better than us.

Last year y'all were better at the first of the year and we were the same at the end of the year. This year Our offense is a little better then y'all defense is about the same and our special teams is better.

Our kickers kicks in the end zone 98 percent of the time
Your D gave up over 150 yards to the Mauney kid at East Rutherford, and they called a 25 yard td of his back, but let me guess, none of that happened versus your first team D.

Last year y'all were better at the first of the year and we were the same at the end of the year. This year Our offense is a little better then y'all defense is about the same and our special teams is better.
We went 16 and 0 so where in the world did we go down at the end of the year?

Lord god!!!!

Coonie yall never led 21-0 two years ago, it was 14-7 at the half, then yall did lead 21-7.... we had three turnovers that led to three touchdowns if you want to get too technical

Two years ago dont matter, last year dont matter, what matters is next friday... Yall are getting drug again bottom line....You will have to throw it 30 times to even have a shot, yall know it....

With that said, go back to sleep, you are embarrassing yourself.... LOL

Lord god!!!!

Coonie yall never led 21-0 two years ago, it was 14-7 at the half, then yall did lead 21-7.... we had three turnovers that led to three touchdowns if you want to get too technical

Two years ago dont matter, last year dont matter, what matters is next friday... Yall are getting drug again bottom line....You will have to throw it 30 times to even have a shot, yall know it....

With that said, go back to sleep, you are embarrassing yourself.... LOL
All you need is a mic to drop now. To the gym I go now. Later, @coondog8585

Reactions: coondog8585
Yes I do have a concern.My concern is how many of those idiot Red Raider fans will sitting around me on the Shelby side.
That’s a clown squad that sits over there and if there losing at the half they disappear lmao

Playing sloppy, may have something to do with gameplan Shelby put on them.
Took away there run, scrambling game, put them on a long, homerun game.

Last edited:
This thread is GREAT!!! I love it! I’m seriously thinking about skipping Newton’s game against East Lincoln next week and coming to watch this game!
Be glad to have you ! But seriously , the way Newton is playing , no one can overlook them in playoffs . Even East Rutherford could give us a good game , never overlook an opponent ! The last 2 weeks of regular season , many good games will be played . Shelby and South Point , Clinton and Wallace , Newton and Maiden and many others . Still a lot of great football to be played yet . I just hope Shelby is not looking ahead to next week , East Rutherford could sneak up and bite us . One week at a time !!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT