ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

yeah coon.....y'all haven't played near the schedule we have outside of the conference. No one even close to AC Reynolds or Freedom or even Kings Mountain.

Shelby played Spointe, got their butts handed to them and otherwise played a comparable schedule to SP. Lets use Freedom as an example, Shelby luckily squeezed by Freedom who also lost to West Caldwell and Alexander Central. The Stuart Cramer Purple Storm would beat those teams. Act like Shelby has shown more dominance is a joke that the Lions also realize. This will be a war, won in the trenches and by special athletes who make special plays. Maybe the Lions or may be the Raiders. Game On!

Rest player this week. I actually thought that y'all played starting backs too much last week. I have no problem with what they played but would have hated to see jake get hurt when he jumped over the guy and landed on his head. I would play the starters 1qt against chase don't get the studs hurt. No excuse this year best on best for #1 spot
You really have to be kidding. Jake's final score came with 9:15 in the 2nd quarter and the score 42-0. Last score of the first half was by Tinker to make it 49-0. 2nd half was backups and JV as JV FB Naseen Jones ran through the 1st team RS defense. Waddell never came out of the game at QB for RS right through the last possession. SP played everyone on the team and multiple kids up from the JV. Eight players ran the ball for SP vs. three for RS. The score could have been 100-0 except for the good graces of coach Hodges of SP.

Reactions: Mopar forever
You really have to be kidding. Jake's final score came with 9:15 in the 2nd quarter and the score 42-0. Last score of the first half was by Tinker to make it 49-0. 2nd half was backups and JV as JV FB Naseen Jones ran through the 1st team RS defense. Waddell never came out of the game at QB for RS right through the last possession. SP played everyone on the team and multiple kids up from the JV. Eight players ran the ball for SP vs. three for RS. The score could have been 100-0 except for the good graces of coach Hodges of SP.
Could have been 100 hell could have been all y'all wanted LOL.
P.s. Our offense is terrible tho and D is not much better. When. 145lb freshman is top in tackling it's bad LOL

Yea I know but right befor the score jake landed on his head when he jumped over a guy. I just thought that he should have been out sooner. Not because of the score but for the fact that something crazy might happen and one of your starters might get hurt. Now I may be mistaken but I do believe that it was jake running the ball.

Shelby played Spointe, got their butts handed to them and otherwise played a comparable schedule to SP. Lets use Freedom as an example, Shelby luckily squeezed by Freedom who also lost to West Caldwell and Alexander Central. The Stuart Cramer Purple Storm would beat those teams. Act like Shelby has shown more dominance is a joke that the Lions also realize. This will be a war, won in the trenches and by special athletes who make special plays. Maybe the Lions or may be the Raiders. Game On!
You kind a left out Shelby's win over 5th ranked AC Reyonolds and a very good Kings Mtn team who may end up 10 and 1.

Reactions: Lion Attack
this thread wins the award for disrespectful/arrogant thread of the week because it completely disregards this week's opponents.

On week 12 of the 2017 high school football season South Point will host Shelby. The final result boils down to....who is the best team from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM on Friday, November 3rd. Who is the best that night will be based on favorable and non favorable match ups along with the bounce of the ball on that night. Both are very good well experienced teams with as much history of success as you will find in a regular season contest but neither Shelby or SP's prior history of success will dictate the outcome.
Therefore my guess would be that SP wins in a landslide that doesn't really surprise any of the Lion fans.

Reactions: seadog28
I haven't paid any attention to East Rutherford this year. 6-3? They might be OK.
They are solid. They have a runningback in Demetrius Mauney who is highly recruited by FBS programs, and they have an underrated linebacker in Cade Hamilton who is also a D1 prospect. He actually had more tackles than Dax last year, regular season, anyway. I can tell you that the coaches are taking them seriously.

They are solid. They have a runningback in Demetrius Mauney who is highly recruited by FBS programs, and they have an underrated linebacker in Cade Hamilton who is also a D1 prospect. He actually had more tackles than Dax last year, regular season, anyway. I can tell you that the coaches are taking them seriously.

LB is the truth...... Full throttle every play.

Reactions: Lion Attack
This thread is GREAT!!! I love it! I’m seriously thinking about skipping Newton’s game against East Lincoln next week and coming to watch this game!

So rdk, who would you pull for, the over rated Lions or the Mighty Red Raiders?

Okay, I want that vaunted Shelby D to play down hill as hard as they can. If they do, Ray Grier and others will break age old SP passing yardage records!

So rdk, who would you pull for, the over rated Lions or the Mighty Red Raiders?
Seadog - I know both schools are POWERS so that's a hard choice there - with both being defending champs how does an unbiased man choose? My heart wants to say the Red Raiders just because of all the talk about Shelby's offense not being as good as normal, but how can you pick against that Lion's defense?? I'm going to need more time to think about this one my friend.

Reactions: seadog28
Seadog - I know both schools are POWERS so that's a hard choice there - with both being defending champs how does an unbiased man choose? My heart wants to say the Red Raiders just because of all the talk about Shelby's offense not being as good as normal, but how can you pick against that Lion's defense?? I'm going to need more time to think about this one my friend.

I'm pulling for the Red Devils, if that helps. :)

Reactions: red devil knight
My Christmas gifts to my friends at Shelby:

sf1...a moustache comb with 3 teeth...for uniformity.

LA...some blue emu...for hope and healing.

SL...Burns blue cheetos...for sustenance.

WMD...a mickey mouse watch...for happiness.

72...a 100 foot garden hose...for sucking out knowledge.

SHS...some Grecian formula...for everlasting youth.

Hitman...a leather helmet...for flying on T shaped wings.

And to all Lion fans afraid to sit on the visitors side...a paper golden snowflake...for courage.

Last edited:
If you pull for the Lions, we'll forgive your coach for shooting us the bird :)
When you think back on it, dude was a trip, though. You might look across the field, and see him doing a Throat slash, not to mention chest bumping his players. I have seen him pop up on Facebook, in the middle of some Shelby vs Burns banter. Of course, he’d brag about not ever losing to us. Good coach, nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitemilesdavis
[

The game is almost sold out already. Last few ticket going for $200 on StubHub. Those few available seats are on the visitors side with Shelby fans and SP cramp medics.
You do know don't you , we are Shelby , not Crest , no cramps !

Food for thought, The almighty dynasty water walking best program ever could get beat down by South Point(e) 3 times this year!

When you think back on it, dude was a trip, though. You might look across the field, and see him doing a Throat slash, not to mention chest bumping his players. I have seen him pop up on Facebook, in the middle of some Shelby vs Burns banter. Of course, he’d brag about not ever losing to us. Good coach, nonetheless.

You didn't even mention the whole "Drop the bomb" thing. That guy was a mess. But yeah, he had Burns winning quick.

Please post your bitching here, Lions. It's the manly thing to do. Can't wait for 72's excuse for mediocrity.

Let's not get carried away, we didn't get style points, but it wasn't a tight game. we're still winning next week.

Raiders are going to win the conference and Shelby will play on the road
How did you come to this conclusion? Were we supposed to match South Point’s scoring output they had vs East Rutherford or something? Is it possible that we could have been looking ahead tonight? We had, unofficially, 416 yards of offense tonight, however, we also had 142 yards in penalties and three touchdowns called back. Shelby will be ready next week. Count on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT