ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions Rd II

This thread will reach 5 pages minimum. I've already chuckled on page 2... I expect the coming entertainment in this thread to reach be top levels. Anything less will be unacceptable and I will call it out.

Reactions: seadog28
Didn’t read your post thoroughly, my bad, but I have noticed earlier in the week some of your posters talking about tailgating in Chapel Hill, and whether or not East Duplin is your likely opponent. Y’all are just going to have to us Friday. Shelby will be ready.
Don't want to disappoint but I have booked my room in Chapel Hill for the 2AA Championship and I have every expectation that my Raiders will be there. Nothing wrong with that. As they say in the Boy Scouts. Be Prepared!

Reactions: seadog28
Why is Crest91 concerned over SP losses through the years considering SP has beat, whipped and tortured Crest so much that John Grisham just released a new book about the floggings entitled
"FIFTY SHADES OF GREEN".

Why is Crest91 concerned over SP losses through the years considering SP has beat, whipped and tortured Crest so much that John Grisham just released a new book about the floggings entitled
"FIFTY SHADES OF GREEN".

91's Mom is about to cancel his wifi. Panic set in!

Reactions: Raidersway
It is time Red Raiders! Time for that third nut to drop! You know what I mean!

Reality will set in for the Lions just after kickoff when they take that first few hits. They're going to have to answer the bell. The hits will not stop until the clock runs out. Nothing will change for the Raiders. The bar was set years ago. Practice will start at 3:15 and end at 4:27 today just like it did last week.... If Shelby makes the right adjustments and the Raiders don't execute, the Lions could win by two touchdowns. That's what makes this game so special

Reactions: 72 State Champion
You are right, I guess we should be scared as Shelby beat SP in the playoffs in 1972 and 1974 after SP won regular season. Did not know that you guys were bringing them back to play in this game. As they would now be in their 60's, I assume that a few have passed, but what a pleasure for the other's grandchildren to see them suit up for one more game against the Raiders. Scott Crawford, our All American RB from 1971 has also agreed to play and we are working on some of the guys from old Belmont High School 1953 state championship team.

It's a shame how some people don't appreciate history....smh

Okay.

Two Shelby Lions, SHS and Champion, are sitting at their favorite bar, drinking beer.

SHS turns to Champion and says, "You know, I'm tired of going through life without an education. Tomorrow I think I'll go to the Community College and sign up for some classes."

Champion thinks it's a good idea, and the two leave. The next day, SHS goes down to the college and meets Dean of Admissions, who signs him up for the four basic classes: Math, English, History, and Logic.

"Logic?" SHS says. "What's that?"

The dean says, "I'll give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"

"Yeah." "Then logically speaking, because you own a weed eater, I think that you would have a yard."

"That's true, I do have a yard."

"I'm not done," the dean says. "Because you have a yard, I think logically that you would have a house."

"Yes, I do have a house."

"And because you have a house, I think that you might logically have a family."

"Yes, I have a family."

"I'm not done yet. Because you have a family, then logically you must have a wife. And because you have a wife, then logic tells me you must be a heterosexual."

"I am a heterosexual. That's amazing, you were able to find out all of that because I have a weed eater."

Excited to take the class now, SHS shakes the Dean's hand and leaves to go meet Champion at the bar. He tells Champion about his classes, how he is signed up for Math, English, History, and Logic.

"Logic?" Champion says, "What's that?"

SHS says, "I'll give you an example. Do you have a weed eater?"

"No."

"Then you're a queer.

Meh....

Wanted to bring this over here....

"SP had Shelby down 14 after about 2 minutes that would shock most any high school team."

This was it. This was the "main idea" of the last game. The other 22 minutes of the first half South Point only scored 7 points. The other 46 minutes (or 96%) of the game South Point only scored 21 points to Shelby's 15. And Shelby played like a dog turd. It wasn't the blow out these South Point fans keep harping on. A true South Point fan would know they got extremely lucky in the first 2 minutes of that game. It completely changed the gameplan. Every South Point fan wishes Shelby wasn't marching back into their stadium in the second round. Hell, I would be too if I was a fan of theirs. If they don't admit it they are lying to your face.

Seadog was holding his butt tight after Brooks ran that kickoff back, go back and read the updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1
72 logic. We will beat you because we did in 1972 and 1974. We will beat you because you got out on us early and SP was lucky. The blocked punt was execution not luck. No bad snap just a jail break. Alexander's 56 yard TD run was not lucky. Just execution. Shelby averaged 3.8 yards per play while SP averaged almost double that at 7.5 yard per play with no pass completions. SP fumbled 3 times and lost one. Shelby's never fumbled the ball although Surratt carried it around like a loaf of bread and was sacked multiple times. Shelby's only TO was a hail mary interception with no time left before halftime. If our blocked punt was lucky, then I assume that Shelby's KO return was lucky. The next game may be different, but you are revising history if you continue with calling that a close game. IMO, we were going to play the Lions one more time anyway. I prefer that it be this Friday.

Wanted to bring this over here....

"SP had Shelby down 14 after about 2 minutes that would shock most any high school team."

This was it. This was the "main idea" of the last game. The other 22 minutes of the first half South Point only scored 7 points. The other 46 minutes (or 96%) of the game South Point only scored 21 points to Shelby's 15. And Shelby played like a dog turd. It wasn't the blow out these South Point fans keep harping on. A true South Point fan would know they got extremely lucky in the first 2 minutes of that game. It completely changed the gameplan. Every South Point fan wishes Shelby wasn't marching back into their stadium in the second round. Hell, I would be too if I was a fan of theirs. If they don't admit it they are lying to your face.
72 you are not checking history. In almost all SP games this year we got an insurmountable halftime lead and took our foot off the throttle once the game was in the bag. We out scored Shelby in the first half 21-3 and 14-12 again in the second half. No luck involved
As for the first few minutes of the game. We set up to block the punt and executed it to perfectly. No bad snap just a routine block...no luck involved. As for the 56 yard touchdown run on our second play from scrimmage. Straight dive off tackle, perfect blocking....no luck involved. SP was clearly the best team in their first meeting.
You feel Shelby did not play as well as they should against South Point but the truth is you don't know what effect South Point had on the way Shelby played. Shelby is an outstanding team and plenty capable of beating South Point this week. I believe it will be very tight game that either can win.
Shelby will look to improve from the previous meeting and you can bet South Point expects to improve as well.

72 you are not checking history. In almost all SP games this year we got an insurmountable halftime lead and took our foot off the throttle once the game was in the bag. We out scored Shelby in the first half 21-3 and 14-12 again in the second half. No luck involved
As for the first few minutes of the game. We set up to block the punt and executed it to perfectly. No bad snap just a routine block...no luck involved. As for the 56 yard touchdown run on our second play from scrimmage. Straight dive off tackle, perfect blocking....no luck involved. SP was clearly the best team in their first meeting.
You feel Shelby did not play as well as they should against South Point but the truth is you don't know what effect South Point had on the way Shelby played. Shelby is an outstanding team and plenty capable of beating South Point this week. I believe it will be very tight game that either can win.
Shelby will look to improve from the previous meeting and you can bet South Point expects to improve as well.
THE TEAM THAT SCORE THE MOST POINTS WINS 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME.

HSFB man detication Song 2"s D"s Shelby Golden Lions. By Bobby Wolmack. If you think you lonely now wait until after 10 pm Friday Night and your season is over ands We"s all will let U"s know. Red Raiders.

HSFB man detication Song 2"s D"s Shelby Golden Lions. By Bobby Wolmack. If you think you lonely now wait until after 10 pm Friday Night and your season is over ands We"s all will let U"s know. Red Raiders.
Man, sit your fat, chicken gristle eating ass down somewhere. If you and Rich Blackman are indeed the same person, I seriously know who you are. I definitely know who is behind that Rich Blackman profile. I’ve had enough of you. Your fat, Humpty Dumpty looking ass graduated from Crest, and now you’re a so called assistant coach at MICS. I’ll mention your name next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Man, sit your fat, chicken gristle eating ass down somewhere. If you and Rich Blackman are indeed the same person, I seriously know who you are. I definitely know who is behind that Rich Blackman profile. I’ve had enough of you. Your fat, Humpty Dumpty looking ass graduated from Crest, and now you’re a so called coach at MICS. I’ll mention your name next time.
:eek::eek::eek:

:D

Should be, but you might want to call HT first.
I'm confused. Two weeks ago you said you and some of your buddies meet in the HT parking lot at your house. You also said the manager said it was fine and now your saying call and ask. Did y'all screw things up with HT?

I'm confused. Two weeks ago you said you and some of your buddies meet in the HT parking lot at your house. You also said the manager said it was fine and now your saying call and ask. Did y'all screw things up with HT?
Yeeeeeep leave it to a red midget to Mess it up for everyone ;)

No way, SHS. The HT manager is probably afraid the Lion fans might riot if the Lions and Red Raiders repeat their performances from 2 weeks ago. Then you guys were in shock and walking around like zombies. Scary but harmless. :p

They (HT) are trying to be good neighbors, but sometimes policies change. I'm just saying a 2 minute call to make sure would be worth it.

I should have known that giving sound advise to a Lion would be met with confusion.

Geez!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT