ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions Rd II

Raidersway

Sep 2, 2011
I can't believe I am doing this but I have no choice.
Newton-Conover ain't beating Shelby and Bandy's ain't beat South Point so what we prepared for 2 weeks ago, we are going to prepare for again. Sorry Seadog but I had to start this. I'm superstitious so doing this anyway different than before is wrong. These teams knew each other before and now they know each other better. What will the revenge factor play into the future...I don't know but if someone can locate 72 he will certainly tell you. SP was dominant last night but not nearly as good as they can play. My guess Shelby fans would strongly suggest we didn't see the Lions best side. The venue will be the same .....Meet you all at the sandbox at Lineberger Stadium on the 17 to see what the mad scientist has cooked up for the sequel.

One thing is for sure it will be a slobberknocker. If not for the quick early 14 points last night, that game would have been tight as most all SP-Shelby games are. One big difference will be that Shelby will come in next time with full respect of the Big Red. I really don't think they believed they could lose to us coming into the game last night. A lot of swagger which has been earned. Now they know they have met their match.

I was nervous coming into that game last night because I full well know the history of these games. Even with the big lead mid way thru the 4th qtr, it was still edgy. The quick score and onside recovery just made it more intense. That was a great game and SP really proved they have the mental and physical toughness to stay the course. And better yet, Shelby now knows that too.

No so fast raiders way....coach Beam coaches his best ball against shelby . Won 4 in a row against them at burns. NC has a great shot imo.

Great draw for the Raiders, but not what Shelby was looking for. Nice to get this game out of the way early.

SP should get a bye while Shelby takes on Conover and West Iredell. Shelby could play West Iredell at 2:00 and Newton Conover at 6:00 next Friday. It would be like one of those jamborees Cleveland County finds so popular.:)

Reactions: sasha_nc
I've seen Newton twice this year. They're terrible. No discipline. Beam tries to run um on emotion. Not a great plan against the lions.

Reactions: Raidersway
The Shelby & Newton-Conver game is going to be better than y'all think. Shelby should be favor, no doubt about that and they should win, but I wouldn't be surprised if NC pulled the upset. This is going to be a good game.

Reactions: Chopper747
I figured SP would win, but never by that much! And I never thought KM would destroy Crest...this season has just been weird. Especially in the big south...now we got this poor excuse for playoffs with BS teams getting bye weeks, and Shelby facing SP in the second round...sh!t is about to hit the fan with nchsaa if they don't get their act together. People won't put up with this just because those sorry S.O.B's want as much money as possible...

Reactions: W.I.R.
I always expected SP and Shelby to see each other one more time. Personally I would prefer that be in the 2nd round rather than in the finals. This is about winning the championship and beating Shelby is likely a part of that process. There has always been a saying that it is difficult to beat a team twice in the same season. Don't know about HS but in last decade colleges teams have swept 63% of the time and split 37% of the time. Over half of the sweeps involved the team winning he 2nd game by a larger margin. Interestingly the NFL has a 71% 3 game sweep percentage. In the end, this being a 2nd game has nothing to do with who wins in a SP/Shelby rematch. The only advantage that I see is that the losing team can scheme for what beat them the first time. This may be difficult for Shelby as they failed to stop any part of the option. In addition, SP failed to complete a pass which is not likely to happen again. I like SP's chances if they play their normal game.

I saw Newton play Hibriten and Maiden. Looked like a big cluster both times. All I could think was " what are they doing? ". No discipline, no plan. Go get um boys ...... They might be running the clock on this one

Just gotta to take what we learned Friday and address it. Execute what we do well better than we executed it Friday and play with every ounce of heart we have and we should be OK.
On the other hand Shelby is Shelby. This isn't there first rodeo. They will have learned and they too will address.
It will be another dandy very much up for grabs.

Reactions: W.I.R. and sasha_nc
I figured SP would win, but never by that much! And I never thought KM would destroy Crest...this season has just been weird. Especially in the big south...now we got this poor excuse for playoffs with BS teams getting bye weeks, and Shelby facing SP in the second round...sh!t is about to hit the fan with nchsaa if they don't get their act together. People won't put up with this just because those sorry S.O.B's want as much money as possible...
I don't agree with anybody from Crest often, but you hit the nail on the head! Great post!

No surprise 3 Conference Champs lost tonight in 2AA West. N Surry, Wilkes Central and Maiden.

It's hard to beat a good team twice and darn near impossible to beat a great team twice. I can't wait I'm going to watch the Tenn. vs Vandy game and I'm more excited about this game really.

It's a shame these teams have to beat the crap out of each other again while Hibriten is playing middle school teams. Sort of anticlimactic to have the two best teams playing in the second round. Please fix this so it doesn't happen again next year. Everybody knows this is BS. Some invisible macho bastard will get on here and say somebody's crying. Well you're damn right. Somebody needs to raise enough hell so it doesn't happen again. Shelby and South Point will just get it over with this coming weekend, and then the winner will put on an exhibition or two.

When was the last time Shelby didn't make it past 2nd round ? Not trying to say anything just wandering cause it has had to be a long time. I know that south point had a early exit back a few years ago when they lost their qb.

Any Sp fan that says there not worried about playing Shelby again, is lying out there azz.
Hard to beat a good team twice, if Sp does ill be 1st on here to tell u congrats and yall have a great fb team.
Any Shelby fan who says they are not worried about seeing SP again is lying out there azz. Rarely does a losing team win the 2nd battle. Shelby is good, but SP wins unless they give the game away.

SP came out of tonight well rested. Most of the offense did not play after first half. 3 QB's,4 A backs, and 6 wings played tonight. Great to see the JV kids get some action. Prepare them for next season and beyond. Raider Dynasty!

Any Shelby fan who says they are not worried about seeing SP again is lying out there azz. Rarely does a losing team win the 2nd battle. Shelby is good, but SP wins unless they give the game away.

Not with us....both times in history that we've played twice and you beat us in the regular season we've come back and beat you in the playoffs....

Just in case you forgot!!!

Shelby High School
South Point High School

via I-85 N
38min
33.7mi

Est. fuel cost: $2.23
CURRENT TRAFFIC: LIGHT

Find a Hotel
Sponsored Topics
Belmont Hotels
Belmont Restaurants
  1. start.png

Start out going west on Shannonhouse St toward S Dekalb St.
    Then 0.16 miles

2. Take the 1st right onto S Dekalb St.
    1. If you reach Bridges St you've gone a little too far
    Then 0.24 miles

3. Take the 2nd right onto US-74 E/NC-226/E Dixon Blvd. Continue to follow US-74 E.
    1. US-74 E is just past Textile St

2. Burger King is on the corner

3. If you are on S Dekalb St and reach Earl Rd you've gone a little too far
    Then 13.70 miles

4. Merge onto I-85 N toward Charlotte/Spartanburg.

Then 16.60 miles

5. Take EXIT 26 toward Belmont/Cramerton/Mt Holly/Belmont Abbey Col.

Then 0.33 miles

6. Turn left onto McAdenville Rd/NC-7.
    1. BP Nichols Food Store is on the corner
    "Then 0.20 miles

7. Turn right onto N Main St/NC-7.
    1. N Main St is 0.1 miles past Cecilia Alexander Dr

2. Keith Hawthorne Ford of Belmont is on the corner
    Then 0.39 miles

8. Turn slight right onto N Central Ave.
    1. N Central Ave is 0.1 miles past W Wilkinson Blvd
    2. Then 1.43 miles

9. N Central Ave becomes Southpoint Rd/NC-273.

Then 0.42 miles

10. Turn right onto Nixon Rd.
    1. Nixon Rd is just past Mimosa Dr

2. If you reach McKee Farm Ln you've gone about 0.2 miles too far
    Then 0.21 miles
  11. finish.png

South Point High School, 906 S Point Rd, Belmont, NC, 906 S POI

Last edited:
Definitely not a dynasty...

Dynasty

dy·nas·ty [dahy-nuh-stee]
1. "a family or group that maintains power for several generations

Revised and updated:

3 guys walk into a bar. The KMguy says, "I have the smallest arm in the world." The Burns guy, "I have the smallest head in the world." The Crest guy "I have the smallest penis in the world." The 3 guys go to the Guinness World Records. The KM guy comes back and says, "I really do have the smallest arm in the world." The Burns guy comes back and says, "Amazing, I do have the smallest head in the world." The Crest guy comes back angry and says, " Who the hell is 72 State Champion?!! "

Revised and updated:

3 guys walk into a bar. The KMguy says, "I have the smallest arm in the world." The Burns guy, "I have the smallest head in the world." The Crest guy "I have the smallest penis in the world." The 3 guys go to the Guinness World Records. The KM guy comes back and says, "I really do have the smallest arm in the world." The Burns guy comes back and says, "Amazing, I do have the smallest head in the world." The Crest guy comes back angry and says, " Who the hell is 72 State Champion?!! "

Uh how many times has that same joke been used on this board? Time to find some new material....I'll help you...

...."Crest guy says were gonna bow out in the second round of the playoffs....Crest guy comes back and says who the hell is South Point?"

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT