ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions Rd II

Truthfully how many times have you used that joke?I will admit it is always funny but get some new material.

I will admit I was excited with Shelby's offense last night.Had some new looks that I really liked.I will also admit that I was brought back to reality when I heard the Maiden vs Fred T Foard score.OMG

It's pretty simple to understand what Shelby has in mind Friday night.
They look to walk in to our house, eat our cookies, drink our Kool aid, and kick our a$$es.
I said it before we played 2 weeks ago and Coach Hodge said it after the game last night...We only have to be better than Shelby on November 17th from 7:30 to 10:00 PM. Hodge will have them ready to protect what is theirs.

Reactions: seadog28
Not with us....both times in history that we've played twice and you beat us in the regular season we've come back and beat you in the playoffs....
You are right, I guess we should be scared as Shelby beat SP in the playoffs in 1972 and 1974 after SP won regular season. Did not know that you guys were bringing them back to play in this game. As they would now be in their 60's, I assume that a few have passed, but what a pleasure for the other's grandchildren to see them suit up for one more game against the Raiders. Scott Crawford, our All American RB from 1971 has also agreed to play and we are working on some of the guys from old Belmont High School 1953 state championship team.

Uh how many times has that same joke been used on this board? Time to find some new material....I'll help you...

...."Crest guy says were gonna bow out in the second round of the playoffs....Crest guy comes back and says who the hell is South Point?"

Seadog said you're impotent and this is how you respond? The 3 of you couldn't come up with something better with all the material available on this board?o_O

It's a shame these teams have to beat the crap out of each other again while Hibriten is playing middle school teams. Sort of anticlimactic to have the two best teams playing in the second round. Please fix this so it doesn't happen again next year. Everybody knows this is BS. Some invisible macho bastard will get on here and say somebody's crying. Well you're damn right. Somebody needs to raise enough hell so it doesn't happen again. Shelby and South Point will just get it over with this coming weekend, and then the winner will put on an exhibition or two.
LOL your awfully bent out of shape to be playing a team you kicked in the teeth 1 week ago. I think you have a bad feeling this go around will be a different outcome.

Truthfully how many times have you used that joke?I will admit it is always funny but get some new material.

Okay.

Two Shelby Lions, SHS and Champion, are sitting at their favorite bar, drinking beer.

SHS turns to Champion and says, "You know, I'm tired of going through life without an education. Tomorrow I think I'll go to the Community College and sign up for some classes."

Champion thinks it's a good idea, and the two leave. The next day, SHS goes down to the college and meets Dean of Admissions, who signs him up for the four basic classes: Math, English, History, and Logic.

"Logic?" SHS says. "What's that?"

The dean says, "I'll give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"

"Yeah." "Then logically speaking, because you own a weed eater, I think that you would have a yard."

"That's true, I do have a yard."

"I'm not done," the dean says. "Because you have a yard, I think logically that you would have a house."

"Yes, I do have a house."

"And because you have a house, I think that you might logically have a family."

"Yes, I have a family."

"I'm not done yet. Because you have a family, then logically you must have a wife. And because you have a wife, then logic tells me you must be a heterosexual."

"I am a heterosexual. That's amazing, you were able to find out all of that because I have a weed eater."

Excited to take the class now, SHS shakes the Dean's hand and leaves to go meet Champion at the bar. He tells Champion about his classes, how he is signed up for Math, English, History, and Logic.

"Logic?" Champion says, "What's that?"

SHS says, "I'll give you an example. Do you have a weed eater?"

"No."

"Then you're a queer.

Okay.

Two Shelby Lions, SHS and Champion, are sitting at their favorite bar, drinking beer.

SHS turns to Champion and says, "You know, I'm tired of going through life without an education. Tomorrow I think I'll go to the Community College and sign up for some classes."

Champion thinks it's a good idea, and the two leave. The next day, SHS goes down to the college and meets Dean of Admissions, who signs him up for the four basic classes: Math, English, History, and Logic.

"Yeah." "Then logically speaking, because you own a weed eater, I think that you would have a yard."

"I'm not done," the dean says. "Because you have a yard, I think logically that you would have a house."

"Yes, I have a family."

"I'm not done yet. Because you have a family, then logically you must have a wife. And because you have a wife, then logic tells me you must be a heterosexual."

"I am a heterosexual. That's amazing, you were able to find out all of that because I have a weed eater."

Excited to take the class now, SHS shakes the Dean's hand and leaves to go meet Champion at the bar. He tells Champion about his classes, how he is signed up for Math, English, History, and Logic.

"No."

"Then you're a queer.

OK Seadog, that is a classic. Read this one to my wife and couldn't get the words out without breaking into laughter. Truly ROFLMAO!

SP has waaaay too much history of choking in the playoffs...soooo many undefeated big south championships...but would always find a way to lose to a weddington or Erwin or Statesville. I never understood it.

SP has waaaay too much history of choking in the playoffs...soooo many undefeated big south championships...but would always find a way to lose to a weddington or Erwin or Statesville. I never understood it.

Let me spell it out:
2011 - Weddington ,1st round - 17-23 QB broken ankle right before half-time - SP was leading at time
2010 -Erwin, 2nd round 56-57OT - pass happy team - our weakness aided by some early SP fumbles
2012 - Statesville, 3rd round - 21-27 another passing team
2012 - Crest, 2nd round - 46-33- oh that's right, we didn't lose that one.

Of course, Crest doesn't want to talk about Northern Guilford and Southern Durham chokes in the title game

Sweetheart at least we got invited to the big dance...that's right sandwich maker! The team SP beat handily!!! Had to step up and represent the big south because our fearless leader red raiders got all choked up!!! And don't forget concord!!! 2013!!! Now go get me a can of beer! Make all the excuses you want! Oh and lets not forget 2014 or 2015

If Shelby loses this coming Friday night again to South Point they will be ample tears in their beer all through next summer. I do think this should have been a fourth round game though.

If Shelby loses this coming Friday night again to South Point they will be ample tears in their beer all through next summer. I do think this should have been a fourth round game though.

Should Shelby lose again, all the local EMS in four counties will be making runs all night carting cardiac arrest patients to the hospital. The local authorities will have to commit half of Cleveland County after they lose their minds.

The Lions aren't used to losing one game, let along two and now facing a third loss. When it happens the the Golden Dynasty will be crumbling for sure. It could cause all shorts of ramifications in Shelby.

if the first game had been somewhat close i could see Shelby maybe winning Friday. but being SP had their way with them, i cant see Shelby getting the upset.

SP did lose an occasional game but they never choked against Crest. Whipped that a$$ regularly. 91,it's a proven fact that jealously is a disease. All of us in Raiderland wish you well.

You are right, I guess we should be scared as Shelby beat SP in the playoffs in 1972 and 1974 after SP won regular season. Did not know that you guys were bringing them back to play in this game. As they would now be in their 60's, I assume that a few have passed, but what a pleasure for the other's grandchildren to see them suit up for one more game against the Raiders. Scott Crawford, our All American RB from 1971 has also agreed to play and we are working on some of the guys from old Belmont High School 1953 state championship team.
Get used to this. 72 lives in the past and never gives credit for the present time.

Okay.

"Yes, I have a family."

"No."

"Then you're a queer.
I bet every weed eater in Cleveland County sold out yesterday.

I expect Shelby to change up their defense for this game as they could not slow the Raiders down in the last game. Just re-watched some film of the game and saw several things of interest. The difference in the game was the 2nd level blocking by the Raiders Oline, WB's, and WR's. Dowdy in particular had a phenomenal game. Dowdy who goes around 6-3 and 265 lbs got to the 2nd level on virtually all major running plays. He threw the last block 30 yards downfield when Grier scored on the reverse. The kid has a phenomenal motor. Shelby did not seem ready for how quickly the SP backs could get by them. A lot of times they stood flatfooted for an instant to make sure where the ball was going. In that instant delay, they lost the ability to make a play or allowed a blocker to engage them to keep SP from a nice gain. Not sure what they will do differently because they stopped no part of the option. Actually, I expect SP to have more success through the air in the next game as Shelby played all 11 players within 6 yards of the LOS. SP only had to throw 3 times because the running game was going so well. 2 of those overthrows could have been TD's and one, in particular, looked like a hold to SP fans (probably not to Shelby fans). If anyone from Shelby would like to let us know your plans to adjust for the next game, it would be much appreciated. Go Raiders!

I expect Shelby to change up their defense for this game as they could not slow the Raiders down in the last game. Just re-watched some film of the game and saw several things of interest. The difference in the game was the 2nd level blocking by the Raiders Oline, WB's, and WR's. Dowdy in particular had a phenomenal game. Dowdy who goes around 6-3 and 265 lbs got to the 2nd level on virtually all major running plays. He threw the last block 30 yards downfield when Grier scored on the reverse. The kid has a phenomenal motor. Shelby did not seem ready for how quickly the SP backs could get by them. A lot of times they stood flatfooted for an instant to make sure where the ball was going. In that instant delay, they lost the ability to make a play or allowed a blocker to engage them to keep SP from a nice gain. Not sure what they will do differently because they stopped no part of the option. Actually, I expect SP to have more success through the air in the next game as Shelby played all 11 players within 6 yards of the LOS. SP only had to throw 3 times because the running game was going so well. 2 of those overthrows could have been TD's and one, in particular, looked like a hold to SP fans (probably not to Shelby fans). If anyone from Shelby would like to let us know your plans to adjust for the next game, it would be much appreciated. Go Raiders!

Blank+_cbc2ba10fe992ded3863aab26baa50e4.jpg

Shelby cant send Lance off into the sunset on a loss can they? or maybe that will be the nail in the coffin and seals the fate. Shelby fans better start rounding candidates. Here comes Mattyyyy!

I’m sure Maiden and Marvin Ridge fans asked that same question regarding what adjustments can be made, only to have their opponents, Fred T Foard and Sun Valley, avenge their regular season losses. The same thing can happen to South Point. Maiden beat the brakes off of Fred T Foard in the regular season.. Keep banking on the last game, I promise you this game is going to be different, more competitive. I seriously expect us to win.

Last edited:
I’m sure Maiden and Marvin Ridge fans asked that same question regarding what adjustments can be made, only to have their opponents, Fred T Foard and Sun Valley, avenge their regular season losses. The same thing can happen to South Point. Maiden beat the brakes off of Fred T Foard in the regular season.. Keep banking on the last game, I promise you this game is going to be different, more competitive. I seriously expect us to win.
Please point out to me where I said that SP was going to win the rematch. I just pointed out what worked for SP in game 1 and assumed that Shelby would make adjustments. You guys are not used to losing and are extremely sensitive. Enjoy your week. Friday will be here before we know it.

Please point out to me where I said that SP was going to win the rematch. I just pointed out what worked for SP in game 1 and assumed that Shelby would make adjustments. You guys are not used to losing and are extremely sensitive. Enjoy your week. Friday will be here before we know it.
Didn’t read your post thoroughly, my bad, but I have noticed earlier in the week some of your posters talking about tailgating in Chapel Hill, and whether or not East Duplin is your likely opponent. Y’all are just going to have to make us some believers Friday. Shelby will be ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: raidertime
Your right about not use to losing, and i think thats been some of our problems.
In past we had scoring machine offense, and veey good D.
We ran through opponents. This yr we struggled some, but i think alot of kids think were going just run through other teams.
I liked what i saw fri., kids were ready, and coaches had great game plan.
We hit NC in the mouth, and were up 21. Before you knew it, kinda like SP did us.
I expect both teams will be ready, not taking anything away from SP there great team.
For sure, i think both are best in 2a.
See you fri.

Reactions: raidertime
They are both the top two teams in 2a. I've said it before and I'll say it again Shelby will be the toughest team SP will play again. I like the Raiders chances but no more than I did going into game one. I expect the same thing as before game one the toughest challenge win or lose for the season. I favor SP if both teams play their best by a slim margin. Who ever the winner is I'll favor by 3 scores at least against anyone else in 2aa.

I hope Big Red is fired up even more this time. Remember the Raiders have never beaten Shelby in the playoffs. This fact calls for more of an arse whipping than some non conference lose in a year you ultimately reached your goals anyway. This game to me assuming the Raiders show up every game is for state and it's against Shelby. That makes it the biggest game in history for SP to this point.

I demand no blocked kicks or extra points in this game because there better not be any but I'll take a minimum of 3 blocked punts and two fumble recoveries both from the qb.

TL Hanna runs the triple option also and they beat Greenwood 42-7 in the first game. Greenwood returned the favor Friday by beating TL Hanna 28-21. TL Hanna was undefeated. TL Hanna had beat Spartanburg, Gaffney and Brynes. So be careful

Anything can happen on any given Friday night. The advantage the Red Raiders have is knowing they are capable of beating Shelby having done it once before; however, they cannot be complacent. They must be prepared to slaughter (figuratively speaking) the Lions marauding on their fields once more, seeking to destroy and embarrass them in front of their fans and critics. Shelby can only hope that their preparations, adjustments, or whatever are enough to prevent a repeat. Past history, odds for or against a sweep, what another team did, nor red herring comments from the Nags will not matter on Friday night. Again, for the Red Raiders, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

Reactions: cagle89
crest with all their Div.1 recruits didn't dominate the midgets from Belmont. I never understood it.

Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT