ADVERTISEMENT

Season In February will not happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the term is natural causes. But death isn’t really natural
Natural causes is just a term that rules out external forces, such as homicide, suicide, accident, drug overdose, etc.
Cancer, heart attack, stroke, all are examples of natural causes. As is Covid. But the death certificate can list Covid and underlying conditions such as diabetes, coronary disease, etc. According to the CDC, the deaths where Covid is the primary cause are the ones counted statistically. But people either believe that or not. I believe it.
There are more and more people living to be 100. So, dying at eighty of anything isn’t “dying of old age”. Something was the cause.

Natural causes is just a term that rules out external forces, such as homicide, suicide, accident, drug overdose, etc.
Cancer, heart attack, stroke, all are examples of natural causes. As is Covid. But the death certificate can list Covid and underlying conditions such as diabetes, coronary disease, etc. According to the CDC, the deaths where Covid is the primary cause are the ones counted statistically. But people either believe that or not. I believe it.
There are more and more people living to be 100. So, dying at eighty of anything isn’t “dying of old age”. Something was the cause.
It must be nice living and growing up in your world OC, you do realize some people enter life with nothing? You are currently taking away the hope many less fortunate have to help your campaign to live 150 years??? Sometimes school, sports and normalcy help people grow up and become successful. I ask everyone on this forum that have a kid playing high school currently. How many of you want your child locked in there house living in fear and missing some of the best years of there life so people like OC can live 150 years? If you believe this then you self isolate and enjoy 100 years old and I will be dead happily knowing my son and small business had a fair chance. All you need to do is stay home and wear a mask and the rest of will die right? Then your society will rule the nation as the rest of us die off.

It must be nice living and growing up in your world OC, you do realize some people enter life with nothing? You are currently taking away the hope many less fortunate have to help your campaign to live 150 years??? Sometimes school, sports and normalcy help people grow up and become successful. I ask everyone on this forum that have a kid playing high school currently. How many of you want your child locked in there house living in fear and missing some of the best years of there life so people like OC can live 150 years? If you believe this then you self isolate and enjoy 100 years old and I will be dead happily knowing my son and small business had a fair chance. All you need to do is stay home and wear a mask and the rest of will die right? Then your society will rule the nation as the rest of us die off.

2nd round this Friday. Cant wait! Could be my sons last high school game but he got a full season in. I’m so happy my wife took a teaching job in TN. Plus the pay was way better.

I hear what you’re saying. And my world probably isn’t that much different than yours. I’m a small business owner and travel for a living. Most of my customers have either been closed or not seeing sales reps since February. That is by their choice, not any government order. All of them can be open, if they choose, and some are. Most have become very innovative and their businesses are thriving.
My point is simply that many posters see only two options.
The first is that everyone is expected to hide in fear in their homes and not have any semblance of a normal life. That all commerce is shut down and only people working from home have an income.
The second is that everything about this virus is a lie or government conspiracy. That we should pretend nothing has changed in 2020. That only old people are being affected, and only they are dying. That, what the heck, they’d die soon anyway, so what’s the big deal?
I believe there is a middle ground. That we owe it to ourselves, our families and to people we don’t even know to simply be smart. That following health guidelines, including wearing a mask, is the least we should do. It’s not being a compliant sheep. It’s being respectful.
Doing those things won’t eradicate the virus. But I believe it will greatly reduce its spread until a vaccine can be widely available. Even that won’t make it go away. But gradually, it will reduce the transmission rate to one that is controllable.
I am very hopeful, and cautiously optimistic, that there will be football in February. I’m in my sixties, and I too don’t like disruptions in my normality. I also no longer have school aged kids and know it has to be very difficult juggling everything parents are going through just to ensure their kids get a decent education. I don’t minimize that.
But I do believe there is a middle ground that will get us through this if everyone will take it seriously without hiding in fear.

I think they’ll have a vaccine after January 20th.

I thought it was by November/election? Goal post keep moving back regarding the vaccine/disappearing of Covid. Regardless, if there was a vaccine half of you all wouldn’t take it.

SEC postponing games, coaches catching Covid, NFL players missing games with it. But hey, it’s all a hoax from China. It’s nothing to worry about, you get no sicker than the flu. 240,000+ Americans are no longer with us due to this hoax.

I hope we have a season next year. But I am not confident in the ability of people to get out of their own way. George Carlin comes to mind, “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” We’re in the deep end.

I thought it was by November/election? Goal post keep moving back regarding the vaccine/disappearing of Covid. Regardless, if there was a vaccine half of you all wouldn’t take it.

SEC postponing games, coaches catching Covid, NFL players missing games with it. But hey, it’s all a hoax from China. It’s nothing to worry about, you get no sicker than the flu. 240,000+ Americans are no longer with us due to this hoax.

I hope we have a season next year. But I am not confident in the ability of people to get out of their own way. George Carlin comes to mind, “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” We’re in the deep end.

You do realize the vaccine may never work.Covid 19 could be here forever. Then what. You mentioned George Carlin. Love how people use the hoax saying to fit there agenda.

I hate Democrats and I'm city boy from Mt Airy NC I should run for gov't office and put them to shame if its was up to me we would be in 2nd round now and yea I'm flying NC battle flag on my front porch I'm not scared lol

Reactions: UNC91 and Mhsneer

dude the week after the election they miraculously break news they have or are close to having a vaccine

Reactions: UNC91
What’s the agenda? Please inform me
You just sit back and eat your popcorn watching CNN while the rest of our country tries to make the kids understand why all their hard effort is being sacrificed. Election, Idiocracy you take your pick, there future rides on people like you so do more research and provide them a better answer why they lost there Junior and Senior years. It seems like the whole mask thing is working great!!! What next Sir? That's right the vaccine that was announced after the election results went out. Your party should be so proud of the leadership you have shown. You might be a great guy and coach, but the left and big business could care less if these kids live out there high school dreams.

You just sit back and eat your popcorn watching CNN while the rest of our country tries to make the kids understand why all their hard effort is being sacrificed. Election, Idiocracy you take your pick, there future rides on people like you so do more research and provide them a better answer why they lost there Junior and Senior years. It seems like the whole mask thing is working great!!! What next Sir? That's right the vaccine that was announced after the election results went out. Your party should be so proud of the leadership you have shown. You might be a great guy and coach, but the left and big business could care less if these kids live out there high school dreams.
You Sir shouldbe defending these kids and there future at every point no matter the leadership

I have a few simple questions, are you willing to sacrifice years of athletes futures and memories based on what seems to have no affect on them? Next question, how much data do you have showing the population would not have perished with the current flu or other current viruses? When do you think our kids can act like normal children and enjoy the same memories we carry to today?

I’m a Republican. My party has its own share of issues.

Answer the question, what’s the agenda?

I have a few simple questions, are you willing to sacrifice years of athletes futures and memories based on what seems to have no affect on them? Next question, how much data do you have showing the population would not have perished with the current flu or other current viruses? When do you think our kids can act like normal children and enjoy the same memories we carry to today?

We as adults are letting the kids down. Each time someone refuses to wear a mask we let them down. Each time we call it a hoax/conspiracy or try to invalidate the seriousness of Covid we let them down.

Things aren’t normal because of us adults not taking care of, prioritizing, and strategizing on how to best combat Covid earlier. Here we are almost a year later no better than we were on lockdown. Still making racial jokes about Covid, still acting as if it’s not serious. “HoW mAnY wOuLd’Ve DiEd AnYwAy?” We will never know because Covid killed them.

I’ll say it to I’m blue in the face, I wouldn’t risk a kids life over a darn ball game. It’shorrible to think that if we just “act normal” Covid won’t effect us, if we downplay it it goes away. It’s here. I’ve got kids that have lost family, do I tell them to man up? Tell them granny passed from Covid but come Friday we’ll play the fight song for her? You don’t care about how the kids are, you just want them out for your entertainment.

We as adults are letting the kids down. Each time someone refuses to wear a mask we let them down. Each time we call it a hoax/conspiracy or try to invalidate the seriousness of Covid we let them down.

Things aren’t normal because of us adults not taking care of, prioritizing, and strategizing on how to best combat Covid earlier. Here we are almost a year later no better than we were on lockdown. Still making racial jokes about Covid, still acting as if it’s not serious. “HoW mAnY wOuLd’Ve DiEd AnYwAy?” We will never know because Covid killed them.

I’ll say it to I’m blue in the face, I wouldn’t risk a kids life over a darn ball game. It’shorrible to think that if we just “act normal” Covid won’t effect us, if we downplay it it goes away. It’s here. I’ve got kids that have lost family, do I tell them to man up? Tell them granny passed from Covid but come Friday we’ll play the fight song for her? You don’t care about how the kids are, you just want them out for your entertainment.
US Population 331 million
US Confirmed Cases 10.5 Million 0.3172205
US Confirmed Deaths 242K 0.23047
NC Population 10.5 Million
NC Confirmed Cases 301K 0.02866
NC Confirmed Deaths 4.723 0.0004498

And I'll ask again, You want to shut everything down?
For less than 1% of the people?
I'm not downplaying the virus because it is man-made and real. However, we can't shut everything down over less than 1%. That is what people are arguing. If you want to battle the virus by sitting inside and shutting things down, then do it for yourself. But less than 1% should NEVER have any say in how the other 99% live. To suggest anything otherwise is simply selfish, bullish, and dangerous.
None of us are promised our next breath but most would agree to live their lives without fear and freedom of choice. If you want your son/daughter to play sports, they should have that right to choose. If not, again, they have that right to choose. But to say adults are putting kids lives in danger...well, frankly the numbers don't add up.

US Population 331 million
US Confirmed Cases 10.5 Million 0.3172205
US Confirmed Deaths 242K 0.23047
NC Population 10.5 Million
NC Confirmed Cases 301K 0.02866
NC Confirmed Deaths 4.723 0.0004498

And I'll ask again, You want to shut everything down?
For less than 1% of the people?
I'm not downplaying the virus because it is man-made and real. However, we can't shut everything down over less than 1%. That is what people are arguing. If you want to battle the virus by sitting inside and shutting things down, then do it for yourself. But less than 1% should NEVER have any say in how the other 99% live. To suggest anything otherwise is simply selfish, bullish, and dangerous.
None of us are promised our next breath but most would agree to live their lives without fear and freedom of choice. If you want your son/daughter to play sports, they should have that right to choose. If not, again, they have that right to choose. But to say adults are putting kids lives in danger...well, frankly the numbers don't add up.

So I’m clear, you’re ok with 240,000+ dead? As long as we keep it under 1%? There is a reason why you all refer to percentages, people see 1% and think “no big deal.” COVID has been around about 9 months, that’s 26,000+ deaths EVERY MONTH. But, that’s less than 1%, right? There were 148,000 new cases yesterday with the record being set daily. And y’all are worried about what time kickoff is?

Playing sports is a privilege, not a right. A pandemic has nothing to do with fear or freedom. You all categorize it that way to earn some badge of honor, which in my opinion is pathetic. The problem is that we’ve consistently tried to downplay it and look where we are. Acting like all is normal, pretending it isn’t real or a hoax, labeling taking precautions as being afraid, as you said, is simply selfish, bullish, and dangerous.

With the way some of you all think we will be in the same place we are in next season too.

Reactions: Steelers71
we very well may be in the same situation next year, no matter what we do. what then? get on with life, or shelter in place clutching your mask? a vaccine is not a “be all, end all” solution. some will partake where others won’t. many more, world wide, will fall through the cracks. meanwhile, the virus will continue to mutate. what then? i really hate this for those seniors. many will never play again.

I hear what you’re saying. And my world probably isn’t that much different than yours. I’m a small business owner and travel for a living. Most of my customers have either been closed or not seeing sales reps since February. That is by their choice, not any government order. All of them can be open, if they choose, and some are. Most have become very innovative and their businesses are thriving.
My point is simply that many posters see only two options.
The first is that everyone is expected to hide in fear in their homes and not have any semblance of a normal life. That all commerce is shut down and only people working from home have an income.
The second is that everything about this virus is a lie or government conspiracy. That we should pretend nothing has changed in 2020. That only old people are being affected, and only they are dying. That, what the heck, they’d die soon anyway, so what’s the big deal?
I believe there is a middle ground. That we owe it to ourselves, our families and to people we don’t even know to simply be smart. That following health guidelines, including wearing a mask, is the least we should do. It’s not being a compliant sheep. It’s being respectful.
Doing those things won’t eradicate the virus. But I believe it will greatly reduce its spread until a vaccine can be widely available. Even that won’t make it go away. But gradually, it will reduce the transmission rate to one that is controllable.
I am very hopeful, and cautiously optimistic, that there will be football in February. I’m in my sixties, and I too don’t like disruptions in my normality. I also no longer have school aged kids and know it has to be very difficult juggling everything parents are going through just to ensure their kids get a decent education. I don’t minimize that.
But I do believe there is a middle ground that will get us through this if everyone will take it seriously without hiding in fear.
So I’m clear, you’re ok with 240,000+ dead? As long as we keep it under 1%? There is a reason why you all refer to percentages, people see 1% and think “no big deal.” COVID has been around about 9 months, that’s 26,000+ deaths EVERY MONTH. But, that’s less than 1%, right? There were 148,000 new cases yesterday with the record being set daily. And y’all are worried about what time kickoff is?

Playing sports is a privilege, not a right. A pandemic has nothing to do with fear or freedom. You all categorize it that way to earn some badge of honor, which in my opinion is pathetic. The problem is that we’ve consistently tried to downplay it and look where we are. Acting like all is normal, pretending it isn’t real or a hoax, labeling taking precautions as being afraid, as you said, is simply selfish, bullish, and dangerous.

With the way some of you all think we will be in the same place we are in next season too.

Go sit inside dude, wear your 3 masks and let us live our lives. Your fear tactic is something to laugh at. Drug epidemic killed over 1 million lives in 2 years. Dont see any issues with that in your viewpoint? Car accidents kill more people yearly. You can run and hide like a clown, but I'll be waiting for these clowns to carry out their agenda. This is a lot bigger then playing a football dude. More people are dying from being on lockdown. Do you know what USA lockdown did to all the third world countries???? Death by starvation is up 90% in these countries. Please do some research, this agenda has been in play since Bush sr. It's called the new world government, ran by the elite.

Go sit inside dude, wear your 3 masks and let us live our lives. Your fear tactic is something to laugh at. Drug epidemic killed over 1 million lives in 2 years. Dont see any issues with that in your viewpoint? Car accidents kill more people yearly. You can run and hide like a clown, but I'll be waiting for these clowns to carry out their agenda. This is a lot bigger then playing a football dude. More people are dying from being on lockdown. Do you know what USA lockdown did to all the third world countries???? Death by starvation is up 90% in these countries. Please do some research, this agenda has been in play since Bush sr. It's called the new world government, ran by the elite.

What’s the agenda? I’ve asked twice and still no answer.

Reactions: mtnpack
we very well may be in the same situation next year, no matter what we do. what then? get on with life, or shelter in place clutching your mask? a vaccine is not a “be all, end all” solution. some will partake where others won’t. many more, world wide, will fall through the cracks. meanwhile, the virus will continue to mutate. what then? i really hate this for those seniors. many will never play again.

Per the logic regarding death from COVID here, many of them would have never played again regardless.

Hate it for those juniors too. Crazy that we ask are kids to wear masks, social distance, follow the science and they listen and do the best they can. Yet the adults are the ones that muck it up.

I don’t like shutdowns anymore than anyone else. I’m on the sidelines and committed to the group of guys I coach. You think I don’t miss football? I will do my part so that we may be able to have a season next year. If it’s wearing a mask to slow the spread, count me in. If it’s social distancing, count me in. If it’s being stuck at the house, count me in. Just as I coach, I’m in it for those guys beside me and willing to do my part so that we all come out on the right side. We will be here again next fall because some of you all are selfish. There is no hidden agenda, no hoax, no infringement on rights.

One person dying from a man-made virus from China (facts to back that as well) is waaay too many. Never said that at all. You play the fear card and no one here, except a few, is buying that anymore. And look at the cases again. Maybe more cases are being reported but the GREAT news is the death rate isn't going up. Playing sports for many is what memories are made, playing with friends, learning how to be responsible, accountable, respectful...All are important things to be learned in the game of life. If you never get that chance, those are opportunities wasted. Think about the rising freshman that may not get a chance...Think about the juniors that missed out on baseball/softball/soccer last year and now people like you are pushing a shutdown. Those are missed opportunities to learn or experience something that lasts a lifetime.
I'm all for wearing a mask in public if that is what it takes to play and live...but to say shut it down and act as if sports or people's livelihood is meaningless is wrong. To act as if we don't care about our fellow man is selfish, bullish, dangerous and I'll throw another one...arrogant. To say we are trying to earn a "badge of Honor" is pathetic I agree, on your part. No one is downplaying anything...we just want what is right without 1% making the rules for others to follow....

Per the logic regarding death from COVID here, many of them would have never played again regardless.

Hate it for those juniors too. Crazy that we ask are kids to wear masks, social distance, follow the science and they listen and do the best they can. Yet the adults are the ones that muck it up.

I don’t like shutdowns anymore than anyone else. I’m on the sidelines and committed to the group of guys I coach. You think I don’t miss football? I will do my part so that we may be able to have a season next year. If it’s wearing a mask to slow the spread, count me in. If it’s social distancing, count me in. If it’s being stuck at the house, count me in. Just as I coach, I’m in it for those guys beside me and willing to do my part so that we all come out on the right side. We will be here again next fall because some of you all are selfish. There is no hidden agenda, no hoax, no infringement on rights.
We shut down in March and we're still "here" 8 months later. What you just dont seem to be able to grasp(or maybe more accurately admit), is if we shut down again, we're likely still here again this time next year. So then what? The vaccine will likely not be 100% effective and then like other viruses, the covid will mutate. Its not rocket science..its really not that difficult to understand.

And just because people have a different opinion than you, doesn't make them selfish...that's perilously close to being straight from the left wing lib playbook of name calling just because someone deign disagree ...at least you haven't starting calling people racist (yet ..that I've seen anyway) for daring to have another opinion

Reactions: UNC91 and Mhsneer
We shut down in March and we're still "here" 8 months later. What you just dont seem to be able to grasp(or maybe more accurately admit), is if we shut down again, we're likely still here again this time next year. So then what? The vaccine will likely not be 100% effective and then like other viruses, the covid will mutate. Its not rocket science..its really not that difficult to understand.

And just because people have a different opinion than you, doesn't make them selfish...that's perilously close to being straight from the left wing lib playbook of name calling just because someone deign disagree ...at least you haven't starting calling people racist (yet ..that I've seen anyway) for daring to have another opinion

Asking again, what’s the agenda?

One person dying from a man-made virus from China (facts to back that as well) is waaay too many. Never said that at all. You play the fear card and no one here, except a few, is buying that anymore. And look at the cases again. Maybe more cases are being reported but the GREAT news is the death rate isn't going up. Playing sports for many is what memories are made, playing with friends, learning how to be responsible, accountable, respectful...All are important things to be learned in the game of life. If you never get that chance, those are opportunities wasted. Think about the rising freshman that may not get a chance...Think about the juniors that missed out on baseball/softball/soccer last year and now people like you are pushing a shutdown. Those are missed opportunities to learn or experience something that lasts a lifetime.
I'm all for wearing a mask in public if that is what it takes to play and live...but to say shut it down and act as if sports or people's livelihood is meaningless is wrong. To act as if we don't care about our fellow man is selfish, bullish, dangerous and I'll throw another one...arrogant. To say we are trying to earn a "badge of Honor" is pathetic I agree, on your part. No one is downplaying anything...we just want what is right without 1% making the rules for others to follow....

“One person dying from a man-made virus from China...” smh. That’s terrible, the whole statement sums up a major problem in itself.

Nothing about fear, that’s the reality. Some of you all don’t seem to care about anyone aside from yourselves. Look at your words. Me, me, me, I,I, I. I’m following the science which you all call a hoax. It’s not what I think or believe, it’s what works. And in my opinion, it is selfish downplay this pandemic.

Whats the agenda? For the third time...

Unlike yourself, I don't have an agenda other than to expose the facts, numbers about what you say should shut our schools and economy down. Again, the numbers do not back any of your arguments.

Whomever posted stated there was some sort of hidden agenda behind COVID. I asked whomever it was what the agenda was. I reckon I’d inquire as these hidden forces have obviously caused Covid and hammed up election ballots. I’m sure no one would make up any mess like that, right?

The science supports my reasoning. Not emotions, as your response indicates, not a political stance, not any politicians, just good ole science. We’re going backwards, but hey Little Jimmy had three tackles against Central High and we ate at the Cracker Barrel. Everything is normal...

Whomever posted stated there was some sort of hidden agenda behind COVID. I asked whomever it was what the agenda was. I reckon I’d inquire as these hidden forces have obviously caused Covid and hammed up election ballots. I’m sure no one would make up any mess like that, right?

The science supports my reasoning. Not emotions, as your response indicates, not a political stance, not any politicians, just good ole science. We’re going backwards, but hey Little Jimmy had three tackles against Central High and we ate at the Cracker Barrel. Everything is normal...

Chill out and relax. Some of us work for a living and not on here all day long. The damn agenda is very obvious young buck. These elite dont give two ****s about u or me or ur kid or mine. This is only the first virus, there will be more from the Chinese lab. This one covid was a test and failed horrible. They want everyone to take vaccines to kill people slowly. Look at the deaths in 3rd world countries during different Bill Gates planned vaccines. This info is all over the internet please research. Sleepily retarded Joe, works for the Chinese, along with his son hunter and Joe Jr. They have the shut downs to kill small business or the middle class. Hence why walmart lowes home depot etc. Stayed open but family owned stores shut down for 8 months and cant recover. You have to understand how crazy this shit is. You can be a snowflake and hide under the bed, but I will go provide for my family and dont need stimulation checks from the government

Lol! That’s the agenda? So much incorrect. I’m a snowflake but most of y’all complain about having to wear a mask. Hilarious!

One thing is clear, a good bit of y’all are scared to death about the change in this country. That’s why you stick to your guns and won’t let anyone tell you to wear a mask.

Out of curiosity, is Trump a part of agenda? Because, if I’m not mistaken, most of the PPP money went towards the companies you indicated. I mean if we follow all that you suggest didn’t help praise the Chinese leader, suggest COVID wasn’t real, deliberately put us all at risk? Does the agenda only fit towards all in government or only the ones we don’t like?

Yeah they’re dangerous as all get out. Don’t put doe in heat scent on you! They have started deer date raping the hunters it’s awful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT