ADVERTISEMENT

WOW, I Am Not Doing Good !

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
WOW, I haven't been able to sleep at night all week but catch a little sleep during the day during the week. It is an all-football season thing this year I hope. Usually once or twice a week but for the last 3 nights this week. My daughter-in-law's dad died and a lot on my mind. He was 3 years younger than me. I have known of a lot of people who pass away during the holidays. My Mom and Dad passed away between December 5th and March. I know in my mind I will go in the winter months as my Mom and dad did. If I have offended anyone on her this year, please forgive me. As BUZZ says I just try to have a little fun at times and mean nothing bad against anyone. BUZZ I think a lot of you from the first time I met you at your tailgate and I brought pizza. Sportsnut17 we will meet at a game sometime. I am just not good at getting out around people. That is a mental thing I think. If anyone wants to personal message me I welcome it at odell1217@gmail.com. It may help me, I really don't know. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all ! I have only a sister living 6 hours away and I see her about 3 times a year and my son whom I don't see much either. Sportsnut17 that post was supposed to be funny but I guess you may not have seen it. Sorry for this post but I just had a lot to say and no one to say it to. I can still say Go BEARS 🏈 🏈 🏈 but I am not feeling it as I have in the past ....... Prayers Needed, 🙏🙏🙏and I don't need to be felt sorry for, just understanding what I am going through. I have nowhere else to post this or anyone to talk to about my feelings. Sorry

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving TD, sorry to hear all you are going through. I have had major health problems since 2020 but I tell you high school football every Friday night helps me so much along with the guys I have met tailgating. I like to have fun with people on this board but respect them all. Have a great thanksgiving

WOW, I haven't been able to sleep at night all week but catch a little sleep during the day during the week. It is an all-football season thing this year I hope. Usually once or twice a week but for the last 3 nights this week. My daughter-in-law's dad died and a lot on my mind. He was 3 years younger than me. I have known of a lot of people who pass away during the holidays. My Mom and Dad passed away between December 5th and March. I know in my mind I will go in the winter months as my Mom and dad did. If I have offended anyone on her this year, please forgive me. As BUZZ says I just try to have a little fun at times and mean nothing bad against anyone. BUZZ I think a lot of you from the first time I met you at your tailgate and I brought pizza. Sportsnut17 we will meet at a game sometime. I am just not good at getting out around people. That is a mental thing I think. If anyone wants to personal message me I welcome it at odell1217@gmail.com. It may help me, I really don't know. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all ! I have only a sister living 6 hours away and I see her about 3 times a year and my son whom I don't see much either. Sportsnut17 that post was supposed to be funny but I guess you may not have seen it. Sorry for this post but I just had a lot to say and no one to say it to. I can still say Go BEARS 🏈 🏈 🏈 but I am not feeling it as I have in the past ....... Prayers Needed, 🙏🙏🙏and I don't need to be felt sorry for, just understanding what I am going through. I have nowhere else to post this or anyone to talk to about my feelings. Sorry
Jesus

TD you never know when the good lord will call your name. We all try to have fun on the board. My dad has melanoma but had surgery yesterday at the VA to take out a bigger area. Hopefully they got it all. My father in law has been at Duke for a month with leukemia. He got to come Tuesday for a week before he goes back for more treatments. Duke told him he would of had weeks if he had did nothing. Months if he was at a different hospital. They think they can beat it. TD just keep having fun and be the best person you can be. Enjoy everyday!!! If you need to make a thread everyday do it because I would guess typing it out helps.

Happy Thanksgiving TD!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving TD! Stay strong and try to be positive. I know it’s hard this time of year and when life throws challenges at us. But you can do this! Stay strong and prayers sent!

Happy Thanksgiving! Praying for you TD! This time of the year can be tough especially as you get older. Holidays without loved ones and just the Winter time blues are tough. Hang in there, the sun is gonna shine again and the Bears are well on their way to the title. You got this buddy 💪💪

Happy Thanksgiving! Praying for you TD! This time of the year can be tough especially as you get older. Holidays without loved ones and just the Winter time blues are tough. Hang in there, the sun is gonna shine again and the Bears are well on their way to the title. You got this buddy 💪💪
I Don.t know you, but I will say the same thing as NCBBFB. Get well sone.

As many have stated, you’re in my thoughts and prayers. Although football is the most discussed topic on these threads, it is good that we can all set aside football and gather together in prayer for a struggling friend. God is in control TD and putting it in his hands is all we all can do. I wouldn’t want it in anyone else’s hands. Believe in him and trust him in all things. He will certainly help carry the load.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words in a really rough time for me which is not over but I do want to thank each and every one of you for your understanding. It is rough being alone a lot of times, especially during the holidays. I read everyone's response this afternoon and thank each of you from the bottom of my heart. Also to all that sent the personal emails, My thinks to you also. I was not expecting that many. If anyone is ever having a rough time and needs a few words of kindness I will surely remember each of you. Now If I just get through Christmas I will be ok. I lost a lot of sleep Wednesday and that night but I slept all day yesterday, last night half the day today. Thanks again to each of you who understood and replied. I hope each of you had a Happy Thanksgiving and to everyone else too !

All the emails are what suppressed me the most but I cherished all the responses on here and the emails.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT