ADVERTISEMENT

Hello 2024 1A Football Season ( Lets Hear It )

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Hello, 2024 1A Football Season starts in about 7 months. I know it is early but I am sure there are opinions out there of the top 12 1A West teams coming up this year and it is something to talk about and debate. Most of you know what your school has coming back so let us hear it if just for fun and something to talk about. You can even make it your top 6 or less if no idea of 12 top teams.

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
Starmount will return around 8 starters on both sides of the ball. Lost 3 key seniors in RB/TE/LB AJ Pardue, OL/LB Mason Anthony, and WR/DB Jadon Hurt-Bailey.

They will have over 20 seniors on the 2024 squad and there is a lot of optimism in Boonville.

While I still would put Mt Airy as the odds on favorite in the conference next year, I also would not discount Starmount one bit, not even a little bit.
I also think we will see much stronger East Wilkes, Allegheny and Elkin. It would also be great if North and South Stokes could step their programs up three or four notches also.

Reactions: FormerDog38
Not much changes in the NW

It's Mount Airy's to lose.

Starmount and East Wilkes will battle for 2/3 and have the potential to make big strides.

Alleghany and Elkin battle for 4/5 and Stokes schools fight to stay out of the basement.

Reactions: REWhitley
How will North Rowan look up coming season. They didn’t do to bad this past year.

Swain will bring back the best O-line and D-line in the SMC but has some big holes to fill at the RB and QB position. If Swain can fill those spot, I can see them winning conference this year and making a deep run.

In the old days of 2023, the mere mention of Mt. Airy on these boards brought GraniteBears from every corner of the Earth. Now fast forward to today and you mention the question above and everyone is too stunned to reply.

Times change, sometimes quickly.
As an outsider I was surprised they were able to pull off the steal

If the "this" happens, the sun may not come up for about a week or longer in the Granite City.

But the real questions is "why would someone that could possibly win 2 more State Championships in the next two years" not stay put. Nothing good will happen in Morganton during that time and they will be ready for another coaching change.

Then do it.

But do not misunderstand. I know of NO ONE in Mount Airy that wants anything but for things to stay the same as it is right now.

Reactions: buzzcoach
But do not misunderstand. I know of NO ONE in Mount Airy that wants anything but for things to stay the same as it is right now.
I don't guess anything is really ever set in stone. Years back in Maiden we had a coach think his last name was King.. everything in place he had already started meeting the kids the boosters assistant coaches. And then last second right before he was supposed to officially start working something fell through and backed out. So like I say nothing is ever set in stone. I'd about bet every important person in Mount airy is trying to get to him right now.

If the "this" happens, the sun may not come up for about a week or longer in the Granite City.

But the real questions is "why would someone that could possibly win 2 more State Championships in the next two years" not stay put. Nothing good will happen in Morganton during that time and they will be ready for another coaching change.

Then do it.
Questions like this cannot be answered until an official announcement has been made. But consider that a hypothetical coach MIGHT want to move for reasons other than money or state titles, perhaps to be closer to family or something like that. And you might assume that said hypothetical coach would not be making such a move unless he had received promises that he would have long term protections. I am speaking here for no one except myself, and this is just my speculation as to your questions.

I can also say that the fan base is tired of the constant coaching carousel. What many of us have wanted for a long time was a coach with local ties who would come in and build our program up. We thought we had that a few years ago with another big-name coach who has gone on to great success with his current program. Things went sideways with that for some reason and a lot of people here were very dissatisfied. The fan base will be extremely irritated if a capable coach gets this job and then is not given the opportunity to rebuild our program.

Also, we were maybe half a dozen plays away from a 7-3 season last year-things just didn't break our way. We have a good QB and two very good receivers coming back, so something like an 8-2 season is possible. The QB and the WR with the most yardage will both be juniors next year, so there's a lot to build on and I think the WR could be a D1 recruit. We need some work, but our program could also be on the cusp of sustained success.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Questions like this cannot be answered until an official announcement has been made. But consider that a hypothetical coach MIGHT want to move for reasons other than money or state titles, perhaps to be closer to family or something like that. And you might assume that said hypothetical coach would not be making such a move unless he had received promises that he would have long term protections. I am speaking here for no one except myself, and this is just my speculation as to your questions.

I can also say that the fan base is tired of the constant coaching carousel. What many of us have wanted for a long time was a coach with local ties who would come in and build our program up. We thought we had that a few years ago with another big-name coach who has gone on to great success with his current program. Things went sideways with that for some reason and a lot of people here were very dissatisfied. The fan base will be extremely irritated if a capable coach gets this job and then is not given the opportunity to rebuild our program.

Also, we were maybe half a dozen plays away from a 7-3 season last year-things just didn't break our way. We have a good QB and two very good receivers coming back, so something like an 8-2 season is possible. The QB and the WR with the most yardage will both be juniors next year, so there's a lot to build on and I think the WR could be a D1 recruit. We need some work, but our program could also be on the cusp of sustained success.
I do like this hypothetical coach choice. I do wonder how his style of offense will fit your style of players. And y'all do have athletes but don't have a good trench to protect the QB or give time to get to the WR in a lot of games.

I do like this hypothetical coach choice. I do wonder how his style of offense will fit your style of players. And y'all do have athletes but don't have a good trench to protect the QB or give time to get to the WR in a lot of games.
Our line play could be a lot better, but I really think the defense is what needs the most work. I would hope any incoming coach would recognize where he has talent and try to exploit that to the greatest extent possible, but you have to trust that a capable coach has a vision about where he wants to take your program and what he needs to do to make that a reality.

Freedom is a good job. Right mix of tradition, demographics, and support to be successful. Very comparable to Hickory who just found the right coach and won a SC this year. Also his alma matar.

MA will be moving up classes and no longer playing the North Stokes of the world in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. They will also see teams with more speed and size than them throughout the playoffs and perhaps their new conference. Something to consider as well.

The way I saw a projected 3a realignment and remember at his point numbers change and this is a big "IF" Mount airy will have to regularly play in the playoffs Thomasville, east Surrey, lincolnton and big one Shelby. That's a strong lineup of programs to get through. And then on east u got whiteville and Wallace rose Hill. Officially Adms are next year so numbers can definitely skew by then to change things

Reactions: BigRedFan27
Adkins doesn't seem to have a history of sticking around for a longtime with programs. Two years at South Iredell, one year at Patten, five years at East Wilkes, and currently about 5 years at MA. Time will tell

For sake of argument, that a very special Famous Diet Named Coach were to "go Home", that would be a much different situation than leaving South Iredell after two years and Patton after one. Neither of those two schools has done anything remotely note worthy the past 10 to 15 years.

Moving from East Wilkes to Mt Airy, who would not have done that? And the truth is in the achievements. He achieved greatly in both places.

No one at Mt Airy wants him leaving, not even sure anyone in Surry County wants him leaving. But if he does to go "home", almost everyone here will understand and wish him much success.

And Mt Airy will move forward.

A lot of schools in 2A will move up to 4A
A lot of them will be in the new 4a but the ones above will probably fall in the new 3A. They're AdMs are not high enough. Basically 1a will join the smaller 2a's in the new division . Smaller two A's have some powerhouses though and honestly Reidsville only has 25 kids or so from being there also

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT