ADVERTISEMENT

Hello 2024 1A Football Season ( Lets Hear It )

Why can't he be on campus? Never heard of that!
He can be on campus obviously but he can’t be on campus as a coach or hold any position on campus even as a volunteer. If they wanted to give him the HC position he’d essentially not be able to be on campus with his players or staff until the 6month requirement is met is what I meant. Multiple coaches have retired mid year so they could coach the next fall it’s a pretty regular occurrence. Everybody knows about the rule I’m sure holder does and that’s why he did it the way he did.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
Basically the candidate for the job if he wants it is holder. If he doesn't want it I'm pretty sure the young Taylor would be the best choice I think he's the future head coach anyway. I think everybody's thinking that the arm under center will do something different. What they have is a special offense that is immediately upon you. It is very complicated on the offensive line from what I understand. And from what I understand either one of those two guys are going anywhere. In fact the only person leaving would be the head coach. Which is a big loss. But if the offensive line knows what it's doing. And Kelly holder who does not have to be off campus for 6 months that is a total fallacy he only has to be off campus in a full-time capacity. He coached this past year after he retired. So you are wrong. And guess whose field is not part of campus so it's a moot point anyway. I like these people who think they know everything. I'm not sure about the coaches you talked about. I think one or two of them is volunteers. So that may change things. They may not want to volunteer for it anyone else. I don't think clabo would have a shot other than coaching the offensive line. But he's going to have to do what someone else says to do. And I certainly wouldn't think that Chris Johnson would be coming back. He's done a pretty poor job everywhere he's been. So in my opinion and I no longer have anyone in the mix of Mount Airy as far as playing. I don't think they're going to miss a beat. They got some guys on staff that can take up the a-hole mentality a level. Because that's what they'll have to do. I think he brought that more than anything. And if the young Taylor guy gets the job he'll be the weightlifting coach.
The reason the rule is in place has something to do with state employees retirement and having to have 6 months of no services rendered before it becomes effective. Yes it’s a stupid rule that I don’t like but it is what it is. Their field not being on campus doesn’t matter because the football team is the schools and it’s a state school so any involvement with the team for 6 months is really out of the question.
Since you think I’m lying and making up a fallacy it’s (TSERS return to work) G.S. 135-3(c) I’m sure you can find it

Hibriten had an assistant that this happened too. Couldn't even volunteer 1 year because of it🙄

The reason the rule is in place has something to do with state employees retirement and having to have 6 months of no services rendered before it becomes effective. Yes it’s a stupid rule that I don’t like but it is what it is. Their field not being on campus doesn’t matter because the football team is the schools and it’s a state school so any involvement with the team for 6 months is really out of the question.
Since you think I’m lying and making up a fallacy it’s (TSERS return to work) G.S. 135-3(c) I’m sure you can find it
It's 7 months to season begins and he's already been assisting the team all along so what does that matter

I really do appreciate all of the speculation about Mt Airy's new Head Coach.
HOWEVER, Mt Airy's current, as in still, Head Coach has not Resigned. Has made no announcement. Is still going to his classroom and field house every school day.

Therefore, I am happy to announce that Mt Airy STILL has the Hottest, Best Coach in the whole Darn State of North Carolina.
So, in the famous words of "the announcement of my demise is greatly exaggerated", J K Adkins has not gone anywhere yet. And I for one am greatly excited to see what he and his great staff are doing with the Mt Airy kids and will be accomplishing with the Mt Airy kids this coming year!

And I hope this is the way it stays. LOL

Now, understand things can and sometimes do change. It is entirely possible that J K Adkins remains a Bear but only it is a Hickory based Lenoir Rhyne University Bear.

LRU's Head Coach resigned Thursday and despite LR going to the National Semifinals this year, I for one am head over heals happy about this. And if Coach Adkins could go there I would personally hire a big band and moving van to help him get there. I have no doubt Adkins could bring a National Championship to Hickory.

OK, dream is over. Back to reality.

• Wow
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
If JK Adkins stays 1 more season at Mount Airy, he could be the one that carries the Granite Bears to and over their 800th win. I am thinking from a Mount Airy News on the BEARS 769th win against N. Stokes on Oct, 7th 2022
A 62-0 win over North Stokes seemed to be business as usual for coach J.K. Adkins and the Mount Airy Bears.
According to Mount Airy sports historian Doug McDaniel, the Oct. 7 2022 win marked the Granite Bears’ 769th overall win, 313th shutout, 51st time scoring more than 50 in a shutout, and 36th time scoring 60 or more points.

(All in bold have all moved up since the North Stokes game of 2022)

It wasn’t until he left the field that Adkins was informed of the game’s significance: his 100th career win as a head coach.
From Oct, 7th 2022 till the end of the 2023 season Championship, the Bears should be standing at 793 wins and JK Adkins could be the one to carry the Granite Bears over the 800 wins mark if he stays. Adkins should be standing at 124 wins as a head coach and staying at Mount Airy should get him to his 200th win faster than if he leaves at starts over somewhere else. I think he is good for Mount Airy and Mount Airy will be a better choice for him to stay. He has 68 wins and only 10 losses at Mount Airy in 6 seasons which includes a short 7-game season in 2020 due to COVID-19-19. He could get his 100th Mount Airy win in 2 but probably 3 more seasons. JK Adkins, do you get the feeling we want you to stay ! ! !
Adkins Named NCPreps.com Coach of the Year for 2023:

Last edited:
Reactions: REWhitley
All I can say amaidendevil better hope this rumor comes true cause if it don't his credibility is severely on line
Credibility lol I don't work for ESPN. I feel my source is credible but u can look back at any of my post and see several times I said if I was Mt airy I'd have every important person around the program in Adkins ear right now trying to change his mind. And 1 of my post said I don't believe in done deals. But seems like I'm not the only one on this boat and there is smoke coming out of it and that usually means fire. I don't believe burke county has a board meeting till end of month so don't know if anything will happen till then.

Freedom is a good job. Right mix of tradition, demographics, and support to be successful. Very comparable to Hickory who just found the right coach and won a SC this year. Also his alma matar.

MA will be moving up classes and no longer playing the North Stokes of the world in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. They will also see teams with more speed and size than them throughout the playoffs and perhaps their new conference. Something to consider as well.
Good point...Glass, Hickory HC, was with JK at South Iredell and Patton so great coaching lineage. A lot of coaches move for various reasons and not always about winning or the next championship. I would think Freedom was/and could be a very, very solid place to coach, work, and live. It is a bigger county school with a small town feel to it. Most kids that are athletes in the area want to play for Freedom and will find their way over to there with the hire.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
If He leaves Mt airy I wonder how many application Mt airy will receive in just few days I'd say dozens and one right down the road from city in a hurry. Mt airy is a program that doesn't have to worry about HC like most schools do most of the time they are smart enough to stay

If He leaves Mt airy I wonder how many application Mt airy will receive in just few days I'd say dozens and one right down the road from city in a hurry. Mt airy is a program that doesn't have to worry about HC like most schools do most of the time they are smart enough to stay

"Smart enough to stay"

So if Adkins decided to leave he isn't smart?

"Smart enough to stay"

So if Adkins decided to leave he isn't smart?
Well look at our past record 2 state titles Thunderstruck I could care less I'd like se Mt airy throw ball more them d1 running backs ain't going be there year after year you going have to throw ball some wished we'd throwed it more this year at some point opposing teams going start shutting run down just like we did Tarboro you got be 2 demential sometimes and that one of his weaknesses

I believe if he leaves you'll get an application from the guy down the road also. I believe he's been looking to leave for a year or so the guy down the road not Adkins. I kind of heard the reason for Atkins leaving may have to do with family as much as anything. Like I said it's just what I hear don't know if it's true or not

Well look at our past record 2 state titles Thunderstruck I could care less I'd like se Mt airy throw ball more them d1 running backs ain't going be there year after year you going have to throw ball some wished we'd throwed it more this year at some point opposing teams going start shutting run down just like we did Tarboro you got be 2 demential sometimes and that one of his weaknesses

Have you been drinking?

I personally prefer spread offense more exciting but I would take whatever wins a championship 🤣🤣. Lol I was having a conversation with a local athletic director today and he told me "we were spoiled" and we are too picky
About our opinions of our players 🤣🤣

Again, the Mt Airy HC has not resigned, has not done any of the things one does if a decision to leave has been made.

This is a small town and there are not many secrets for long. I am not saying he will not go, buiuuuuut, he is still doing all the things one does who is on the job, and none of the things one does if they have decided to leave.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
No dog in the fight but just wondering how many players would go across the creek if JK did leave?

Heard at the basketball game Friday that Lowman was looking for somewhere to go. That's just hear say tho. He did interview with ma the same day he did at ES a couple years ago. Just wondering how things would have been different for both schools if he would have wound up 10 miles up the road.

Go Big Red
#27Forever

Again, the Mt Airy HC has not resigned, has not done any of the things one does if a decision to leave has been made.

This is a small town and there are not many secrets for long. I am not saying he will not go, buiuuuuut, he is still doing all the things one does who is on the job, and none of the things one does if they have decided to leave.
Folks need to apologize to Maiden guy, he is on target. JK may not have resigned from Mt Airy but he has packed up and "left."

If it helps any I hear the community is split on the choice some wanted another bear hired

How do you know?
I don't have a dog in the fight but he does have a son that currently plays in McDowell County. He may want to be closer to his son if he is leaving Mt. Airy. Ultimately Coach Adkins will make the decision that is best for him and his family, and I am sure the fine folks at Mt. Airy would wish him well and continue to do what it has been doing.

I don't have a dog in the fight but he does have a son that currently plays in McDowell County. He may want to be closer to his son if he is leaving Mt. Airy. Ultimately Coach Adkins will make the decision that is best for him and his family, and I am sure the fine folks at Mt. Airy would wish him well and continue to do what it has been doing.

Most people will but a couple folks on here are going to act like selfish spoiled brats if true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT