ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
I heard all WNC fans was going get to game early and take up the visitor side. 😁
Both games at their home Mitchell fans ether equaled to or out numbered theirs so I'm not sure how well they travel though it was meationed they're bringing a bus so maybe they will bring a good crowd.

I asked on page 2 if anyone like FYNTV is going to stream this game but didn't even get an I don't know.
I believe fyn follows the forum so maybe they can answer if it's in the works or not.

Yes they have to get permission from NCHSAA. I will post it for you as soon as I hear. Sorry I missed your post last week
Appreciate it. I figured that I probably asked to early as long as it takes.
Yeah it's the nchsaa is who I meant by taking their time I'm sure whoever wants to stream it probably asked as soon as possible but it's still probably early only being Tuesday but it just seems like since FYNTV if they sent in the request as many games they have broadcast it should just be a formality.
Seems like someone on another thread said that NFHS network had first dibs on playoff games but doesn't the home school have to have a contact with them? Not sure how that works.

Appreciate it. I figured that I probably asked to early as long as it takes.
Yeah it's the nchsaa is who I meant by taking their time I'm sure whoever wants to stream it probably asked as soon as possible but it's still probably early only being Tuesday but it just seems like since FYNTV if they sent in the request as many games they have broadcast it should just be a formality.
Seems like someone on another thread said that NFHS network had first dibs on playoff games but doesn't the home school have to have a contact with them? Not sure how that works.
I think NFHS has first dibs if the home team has a contract with them. Andrews doesn’t usually do NFHS which is why fyn has been able to get them the last few weeks.

I think NFHS has first dibs if the home team has a contract with them. Andrews doesn’t usually do NFHS which is why fyn has been able to get them the last few weeks.
Well that's what I figured that they would have to have a contact with them first and I knew that Andrews didn't.
I just noticed that the Nchsaa for the second round released information on games broadcast on the Wednesday before the second round and last week was on Thursday for the third round.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
While I believe it's up to the school if they have announcers or not the biggest issue to me with NFHS and a lot of YouTube broadcast they use a motion sensor camera the NFHS choice along with the computer software they send the school to broadcast is a Pixellot camera which they all bragg on and how easy it is to set everything up but they problem I've noticed with motion sensor cameras is like on a long pass it doesn't keep up well and you can miss a big play or TD. Seems it would work better to have a person using the camera or have multiple cameras. But they're not going away they've keep getting more schools across the country only thing that seems to slow it down is schools fear if they live stream that they'll lost gate money.

We're monitoring the weather and the internet situation as to whether or not we will do the game Friday. Also monitoring whether or not we can get a crew to work the day after Thanksgiving lol.
But the biggest thing will be the weather and the internet. Last week was so frustrating for everyone when it wasn't running good, and if that's going to happen again I'd just as soon not do it.

We're monitoring the weather and the internet situation as to whether or not we will do the game Friday. Also monitoring whether or not we can get a crew to work the day after Thanksgiving lol.
But the biggest thing will be the weather and the internet. Last week was so frustrating for everyone when it wasn't running good, and if that's going to happen again I'd just as soon not do it.
Thanks for the update I hope it works out would love to watch but understand the issues.
Who's the internet provider that it's so bad? Most schools these days rely so much on it in Mitchell county they went to loaning each student laptops for class work and homework back in 2010 it was my youngest freshman year then 5th grade up and I think now they use tablets.

Last edited:
When I watched it On Demand after I got home from the game I didn’t think it was that bad. Only missed 1 Andrews TD. It’s such a great service for the elderly, people with illnesses and people who are alumni but no longer live in Andrews. Please try to do it if at all possible

Thinking ahead to Friday I am planning to drive up, watch the game and drive home. The game probably won't end until around 10 and it's a 2.5 hour drive home, so is there someplace in Andrews that will be open where I can get something caffeinated to help me stay awake on the trip home? I know that once you get on the two-lane highway heading back into the gorge there won't be much and maybe no place open that late until Waynesville, so is there someplace I can get a coke or do I need to pick one up before the game to have for the trip home?

Thinking ahead to Friday I am planning to drive up, watch the game and drive home. The game probably won't end until around 10 and it's a 2.5 hour drive home, so is there someplace in Andrews that will be open where I can get something caffeinated to help me stay awake on the trip home? I know that once you get on the two-lane highway heading back into the gorge there won't be much and maybe no place open that late until Waynesville, so is there someplace I can get a coke or do I need to pick one up before the game to have for the trip home?
Any of our gas convienent stores should be open till 11:00 but after that they roll the streets up. Lol. You will see Hardee’s when you come off the 2 lane into the Valley and right across from Hardee’s is a Shell Station and they will be open after the game. Safe travels and hoping for a good game with fair play and no injuries

Any of our gas convienent stores should be open till 11:00 but after that they roll the streets up. Lol. You will see Hardee’s when you come off the 2 lane into the Valley and right across from Hardee’s is a Shell Station and they will be open after the game. Safe travels and hoping for a good game with fair play and no injuries
Thanks! Looking forward to making the trip.

When I watched it On Demand after I got home from the game I didn’t think it was that bad. Only missed 1 Andrews TD. It’s such a great service for the elderly, people with illnesses and people who are alumni but no longer live in Andrews. Please try to do it if at all possible
Yeah I saw the second half live and it looked fine to me.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
We're excited to be making the trip. Expecting to see some awesome football. Been hearing great things about this Andrews team.

What do our fans need to know? How's the facilities- visitor parking, accessibility for handicap or elderly for the visitor stands, restrooms, concessions? Recommendations on local places to eat supper before the game?
As a parent of a Western Regional champ in 2021 I can tell you it's a long sad ride home

Good morning everyone and happy early thanksgiving. i am really excited to watch two great teams battle it out this friday night in Andrews, NC. i'm not sure if anyone in WNC saw the video the Charlotte Observer posted last night but the link is below. At the 27:36 mark they mention their current 1A rankings and then at the 1:34:12 min mark they talk about Draughn again. i hope everyone has a blessed day!!!

It’s time for me to shut my mouth on this thread. Since conference was over I thought I would pic and have a little fun since it’s semi finals. Looking forward to the game rain or shine and safe travels into Andrews.
agreed. we all give each other crap but its all about the youth and watching a good game. best of luck to both teams... #imQuiet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT