ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
To say there are 4 tremendous teams left is a bit of a stretch. ER still sketchy to me after what Robbinsville did to them.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I disagree with Swain97...thats knockin Robbinsville negatively..everyone knows that Murphy and Robbinsville have a different gear that they engage in come playoff time. Everyone knew the potential that Robbinsville had to upset ER...too bad Swain has lost that mystique.

@BK13T-$ did Williams not play football this year. Didn’t hear him mentioned in any of the football ball threads

I disagree with Swain97...thats knockin Robbinsville negatively..everyone knows that Murphy and Robbinsville have a different gear that they engage in come playoff time. Everyone knew the potential that Robbinsville had to upset ER...too bad Swain has lost that mystique.
Every team better have another gear in playoffs.

Naw...they dont...SMC went 6-0 out the gates in the playoffs 1st rd and had 4 teams playing as of last week...now thats another gear..

Reactions: therealsquid
I think at this point all the smack talking is kind of pointless. To get to this point, these teams have proven themselves as contenders. I hear these teams play two different styles of football. Both have some weapons in their arsenals. I think we're going to see some awesome football and a great game. I'll be pulling for the Black & Gold Wildcats!

Edited to add: apparently places to eat has now earned its own thread🤣
Thank God
I want to read about football

supposedly did. Guess it kinda fell through
True story. I went to the Murphy/Plymouth state championship game a few years ago. Plymouth would go for 2 after every touchdown and on kickoffs they would set the ball on the ground sideways and kick off without a tee. Late Murphy led 35-28 (I think, fans can correct me on the score) and Plymouth scores to make it 35-34. Plymouth goes for 2 and Murphy stops them so now they have to do an onside kick. But they couldn't find their kicking tee because they hadn't used it all year. Finally they found it and then went offside a couple of times before Murphy recovered the ball and was able to run out the clock.

Draughn has some big lineman on both sides of the ball and runs inside zone well. They throw the short route to the TE's and run lots of screens. Defensively they can slow down the run but a down hill back like Andrews has will make yards on them. Andrews defense seems to be very good so If they can pressure the QB with the blitz and set the edge on the rollout pass then Andrews wins by 14+. I call it Andrews 35-21.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Draughn has some big lineman on both sides of the ball and runs inside zone well. They throw the short route to the TE's and run lots of screens. Defensively they can slow down the run but a down hill back like Andrews has will make yards on them. Andrews defense seems to be very good so If they can pressure the QB with the blitz and set the edge on the rollout pass then Andrews wins by 14+. I call it Andrews 35-21.
If I’m Draughn I’m putting my 6’7 QB as receiver and throwing it up to him every play. You can’t defend that much height at the WR position.

Just looking at Numbers Murphy’s QB 6’2 had a little under 1500 yards , 18 TDs , 12 ints. I don’t think we are comparing apples to apples.

Compared to 2,200 yards, 29 TDs , 4 INTs Not to mention 500 rushing yards and 9 other TDs.
Yeah but take Andrews off the Murphy schedule and half those interceptions go away and still same number of TDS…

They haven’t played a lot of pass heavy teams, TBH. Which could make that INT total more or less impressive, depending how you look at it. East Henderson throws it a ton but isn’t very good. Andrews picked them 5 times. For some reason Mountain Island decided they would abandon the run game and just sling it in the 2d round but only completed 2 passes all night. So you’re right that Draughn QB should be the biggest test Andrews secondary has had, which is the way it should be Thanksgiving weekend.

Reactions: swatz19
Y'all might as well go back to talking about food because what you eat before the game is going to be the most interesting part of this contest. Andrews is going to win going away. If Draughn can keep it within 3 TDs they'll be lucky. Gonna be a good ole fashioned butt whoopin. The real game will be next week against Mt Airy. A clash of 1A titans!

Andrews defense isn't discussed much due to the offense performance but Andrews Defense is just as good as their offense. Weaver is a ball hawk and with a heavy pass team I like Andrews odd with Weaver in the secondary ball Hawking.

Just looking at Numbers Murphy’s QB 6’2 had a little under 1500 yards , 18 TDs , 12 ints. I don’t think we are comparing apples to apples.

Compared to 2,200 yards, 29 TDs , 4 INTs Not to mention 500 rushing yards and 9 other TDs.
May be the best qb Andrews had seen but you’re about to see the best 2 RB you’ve seen all year.

Reactions: Swain97
And lot will be at this game to pull for Andrews.
It's going be a huge home field advantage for Andrews.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Draughn faced a decent defense with Thomasville. Playing that game should have them alittle more prepared for Andrews D. Draughn also faced a big power RB and kept him in check most of the game but he did score on them one time. They’re fortunate to even be in this game due to the Thomasville WR fumbling when tackeld when he was 6 or 7 yards away from pay dirt after the catch. That alone is disheartening for all the Thomasville fans and players but good fortune fell to Draughn that night along with playing a great game. Can’t take nothing from em’

Reactions: Wow71
It’s going to be a game of two totally different styles of offense. Looking at PPG & PA it’s almost identical. The thing that sticks out to me is the schedule. Draughn only win against a Top 10 opponent was a very good Mitchell team. Andrews has beat 5 Top 10 teams and the closest game was a very good Robbinsville team who lost to the #1 E Randolph by 3 and more than doubled them in total yardage on the night. It’s going to be a tough game and hoping the rain holds off. The team with the fewest mistakes will win this one in a very close game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT