Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Reactions: BK13T-$
i think the point was to show how much growth the program has reached in 365 days. i may be wrong but its good to see them at the top. # just my thoughts
Probably right still bet he didn’t know the rankings are done by a computer.

Probably right still bet he didn’t know the rankings are done by a computer.
charlotte just ranked them 6th. only 1A on the list

THE OBSERVER’S SWEET 16 Rk. School Class Rec. Prvs. 1. Providence Day IND 12-1 2 2. Weddington 4A 13-1 4 3. Burns 2A 13-1 5 4. South Point 3A 13-1 6 5. East Lincoln 3A 14-0 13 6. Draughn 1A 13-1 16 7. Kings Mountain 3A 13-1 1 8. Hough 4A 11-3 3 9. Independence 4A 11-2 4 10. Butler 4A 10-3 5 11. Chambers 4A 9-3 9 12. Charlotte Catholic 4A 9-3 11 13. Maiden 2A 12-2 12 14. Charlotte Christian IND 10-3 7 15. Monroe 2A 12-2 14 16. Mallard Creek 4A 8-4 14

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article269280232.html#storylink=cpy

charlotte just ranked them 6th. only 1A on the list

THE OBSERVER’S SWEET 16 Rk. School Class Rec. Prvs. 1. Providence Day IND 12-1 2 2. Weddington 4A 13-1 4 3. Burns 2A 13-1 5 4. South Point 3A 13-1 6 5. East Lincoln 3A 14-0 13 6. Draughn 1A 13-1 16 7. Kings Mountain 3A 13-1 1 8. Hough 4A 11-3 3 9. Independence 4A 11-2 4 10. Butler 4A 10-3 5 11. Chambers 4A 9-3 9 12. Charlotte Catholic 4A 9-3 11 13. Maiden 2A 12-2 12 14. Charlotte Christian IND 10-3 7 15. Monroe 2A 12-2 14 16. Mallard Creek 4A 8-4 14

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article269280232.html#storylink=cpy
Well guess they shouldn’t play the game Friday night. Nice they showed Draughn some love. How many bigger schools you beating around the Charlotte area if you are being honest

Reactions: therealsquid
Well guess they shouldn’t play the game Friday night. Nice they showed Draughn some love. How many bigger schools you beating around the Charlotte area if you are being honest
It’s a damn good list to be on. I would love to go back and forth with the other teams in the west outside of Mt Airy however your in basketball season.

It’s a damn good list to be on. I would love to go back and forth with the other teams in the west outside of Mt Airy however your in basketball season.
Ok how dumb can you be. I said it was nice they are showing Draughn love. My old high school was in basketball season before the season started. They are looking for 4 peat in wrestling though.

The biggest difference in this game was how many fans draughn brought. 3 charter vans full of people! I really hate hearing about the injury to Andrew’s stud but based on previous threads they had more weapons. They led the league in interceptions and were going to sack the QB. I never saw any of that tonight as draughn picked them apart in the passing game and Tillery used his legs to create plays. His TD dive will be a GIF on here when the film is released. Good game both teams but like it was said before the best team won.
How do you feel today ? Dish it out so I hope you can take it. How is that GIF coming along

The Observer, (imo) the best newspaper in the State, only considers teams in its coverage area for its Sweet 16. In that measure I am glad that Draughn was finally listed and imo they deserved it.

The disappointment was in their panel of "experts" only one, Chris Hughes I believe it was, picked Mt Airy in the Drraughn vs Mt Airy game. I have exchanged text messages (early in the season) with Langton Wertz ( whom does a fabulous job) that they should include Surry and Yadkin in their coverage area. With Mt Airy and East Surry you can count on two really strong teams year in and year out.

So my suggestion to the "experts" would be that if you are going to play the game of pick the winner, do your home work on the teams playing the games. If they did not believe Mt Airy's 51 point a game offense, tell how you ignore their 6 point per game defense.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Swain97
Draughn, Andrews a d Eastern Randolph all had great seasons to be proud of. And great fan support
Agree all conference champions.
I remember a time in Mitchell county we'd been happy with a second place 8-4 team we've gotten a spoiled.
Sometimes I wonder with schools who especially have come known to have good teams most years how much pressure the boys can feel from it , I just hope it's not taking the fun out of just playing football.

Transfer policy in Burke. Fast forward to 7:45

Interesting I thought that the transfer policy was the same wether inside the same county or from county to county that the only difference was you're talking about district to district instead of county to county.
I am kinda surprised by the post though with Draughn fans defending against people on the forum calling Draughn the all county schools team and accusations of transfers from other Burke county schools to improve the football team seems someone saying it's easier to transfer from one school to another inside the same county than transfering from one county to another just brings the subject back up and gives them ammunition.

Interesting I thought that the transfer policy was the same wether inside the same county or from county to county that the only difference was you're talking about district to district instead of county to county.
I am kinda surprised by the post though with Draughn fans defending against people on the forum calling Draughn the all county schools team and accusations of transfers from other Burke county schools to improve the football team seems someone saying it's easier to transfer from one school to another inside the same county than transfering from one county to another just brings the subject back up and gives them ammunition.
ALL COUNTY. Sorry I couldn’t resist

You think that’s bad, how about schools like McDowell and South Caldwell around 1500 or 1600 students competing in the playoffs with schools near Charlotte around 2400-2800 in population. The state needs to go ahead and do the right thing and go to 5 classes.

I’m not affiliated with Andrew’s never even been to Andrew’s. I was saying if anyone had anything to say it’s probably the 4As in the western part of the state more than anyone.
Really?
Draughn is 200% bigger than Andrews.
1500 to 2800 is less than 100% bigger.
1a has the largest gaps percentage wise and that's all that matters.

• Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73
Tell your county to quit crying about building a new school with Murphy and just do it and maybe you would have a better showing against teams off the mountain
This is the dumbest thing I've read here in a minute. The SMc has a huge winning percentage vs teams off the Mtn.

Mitchell
county is 95% Republican but they differ on local stuff like that.
That can't be true.
Cherokee county and Graham County voted the highest percentage republican for president in the state. If Mitchell is 95% republicans then they ain't voting that way.

Geesh! You sound like you represent a losing program. When in essence it is historically one of the best. Let it go and quit belly aching every week about the same thing. Cherish what Robbinsville has accomplished in football over the years. The SMC is a great conference. But it's other teams time now as well.

Last edited:
That can't be true.
Cherokee county and Graham County voted the highest percentage republican for president in the state. If Mitchell is 95% republicans then they ain't voting that way.
Well I didn't look it up I guess 95% is an exaggeration but I'm sure at one point it was some new people have moved in. But let's put it this way though it maybe less than when I was growing up you still if not a republican have to at least register unaffiliated if you want to vote in the local elections like sheriff ,county commissioners etc because they're all Republicans so all the local stuff is decided in the Republican primary. Out side a few on the Bakersville council board the rest of the county officials are all Republican so I guess it just feels like 95%.
But my point is on local county stuff just because some people may be affiliated with the same political party doesn't mean they'll agree on local issues and on the other side I've known people who weren't and while disagreeing on state and national issues agreed on local

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
I understand.

Graham and Cherokee have the highest % of Republican support in elections in the state year after year. Throw in Clay county which was almost 80% and it's easy the most conservative area in the state. West of Asheville is crazy conservative. Of course Swain county and Jackson bring that down some for obvious reasons.

2014 dual team
And a individual team tournament one year .
UCA kelp us from a couple with their lottery.

We should get a few more in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT