ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Mitchell twice, mountain heritage, and thomasville are big wins. Draughn played the schedule they were dealt and still handled business. Thomasville had a really good back and he was held in check most of the night.
I understand playing the schedule and in conference games you can’t help. Those 3 teams are always top notch programs. As far as holding Thomasville in check I think some might be misled about Andrews. We are lots more than one back even though one is very special. You pick your poison and the other 4 will take over. Much respect and hope you have a nice 3 hr drive into Andrews.

We have 3 defensive backs at 6’2 , 6’3 & 6’3
33 interceptions on the year two shy of breaking State record for interceptions
I’m well aware of what you have and again I am impressed. Andrew’s hasn’t played an offense like ours and we haven’t seen a team like Andrew’s. Its 4th round so at this point all teams are deadly and really good. Looking forward to watching a good game Friday

I’m well aware of what you have and again I am impressed. Andrew’s hasn’t played an offense like ours and we haven’t seen a team like Andrew’s. Its 4th round so at this point all teams are deadly and really good. Looking forward to watching a good game Friday
My post was for BigtimeEast talking about moving QB to receiver because of his height.

Big east whatever made the statement about WR. Wasn’t me. Read exactly what I said…. Let the coaches coach and I expect a good game.

It's hard to compare the two by watching them play Mitchell. The Andrews game, Mitchell was very banged up including the QB his first game back from a high ankle sprain two weeks earlier plus dealing with a hernia so it's hard to tell how well they'll deal with a elusive QB it will probably be the biggest test for their secondary but he's more dangerous running around throwing the ball across the middle then just dropping back and throwing the long sideline ball.
But the question on the Draughn D is how they'll well they'll handle Andrews running attack especially #7 they looked more vulnerable against the run between the tackles plus with #7 being a dual threat being good at coming out of the backfield for a pass they may have a hard time with that as well Mitchell burned them with they're RB doing that on a TD that was called back but shouldn't have been.
But should be a good game but I'd have to give Andrews the edge just don't think Draughn can stop their running attack and Andrews has a much better D than Mitchell which just wasn't very good this year.
Just my opinion which probably isn't worth much.

It's hard to compare the two by watching them play Mitchell. The Andrews game, Mitchell was very banged up including the QB his first game back from a high ankle sprain two weeks earlier plus dealing with a hernia so it's hard to tell how well they'll deal with a elusive QB it will probably be the biggest test for their secondary but he's more dangerous running around throwing the ball across the middle then just dropping back and throwing the long sideline ball.
But the question on the Draughn D is how they'll well they'll handle Andrews running attack especially #7 they looked more vulnerable against the run between the tackles plus with #7 being a dual threat being good at coming out of the backfield for a pass they may have a hard time with that as well Mitchell burned them with they're RB doing that on a TD that was called back but shouldn't have been.
But should be a good game but I'd have to give Andrews the edge just don't think Draughn can stop their running attack and Andrews has a much better D than Mitchell which just wasn't very good this year.
Just my opinion which probably isn't worth much.
Draughn runs inside zone with #5 and an occasional sweep. The QB is tall and athletic but is now getting pressure off the edge and sacked some in the later rounds of the playoffs by athletic good defenses. Andrews has to make him run up the middle into the pocket and he will go down. He will throw across the field and THS dropped 2-3 balls breaking on them on the run that probably would have been a pick six. They will go for it on 4th down (not sure if they have a good kicker) and like to throw screens and short routes to the TB/TE's in the flats.

Draughn is a quality team with good players, well coached with some good athletes. The O/D line are big and seem to be their biggest asset in 1A. Draughn got behind and responded by coming back to score and beat a good team last Friday. Andrews will move the ball and I predict they will break the interception record with 2-3 picks this weekend and win by 14+.

Draughn runs inside zone with #5 and an occasional sweep. The QB is tall and athletic but is now getting pressure off the edge and sacked some in the later rounds of the playoffs by athletic good defenses. Andrews has to make him run up the middle into the pocket and he will go down. He will throw across the field and THS dropped 2-3 balls breaking on them on the run that probably would have been a pick six. They will go for it on 4th down (not sure if they have a good kicker) and like to throw screens and short routes to the TB/TE's in the flats.

Draughn is a quality team with good players, well coached with some good athletes. The O/D line are big and seem to be their biggest asset in 1A. Draughn got behind and responded by coming back to score and beat a good team last Friday. Andrews will move the ball and I predict they will break the interception record with 2-3 picks this weekend and win by 14+.
As far as the going for it on 4th down not sure you can go by that wether they have a good kicker or not. In the Mitchell games he looked like he had a good leg on the extra points though on they stats he'd missed 9 in the games they have listed but Mitchell had a real good kicker and he only got to try twice but should have gotten more chances long 35 yards I believe in warm up kicks hit something like like 45 yards consistently.
But high school coaches are bad to go for it on 4th down especially when they're on the other teams side of the field close enough for where most high school kickers can make a field goal no matter how good their kicker is.

Big east whatever made the statement about WR. Wasn’t me. Read exactly what I said…. Let the coaches coach and I expect a good game.
I’ve read your posts during playoffs. Stay in your lane man. Your a little touchy and way to sensitive. If you don’t like my posts just keep scrolling. You got to have thick skin on here so don’t take it so serious.
Tell y'all what! This is the Dream season for one or the other bunch of Cats. But you should Fear the Veer. Couple that with a sound Defensive unit.....special plays and turnovers will decide this game. I am going with Cherokee County's finest.
appreciate it !!

I’ve read your posts during playoffs. Stay in your lane man. Your a little touchy and way to sensitive. If you don’t like my posts just keep scrolling. You got to have thick skin on here so don’t take it so serious.

appreciate it !!
He has no clue what Draughn is about to run into….

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT