ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond vs. Pine Forest

JMACDE99

Oct 22, 2013
Just left the first half. I think we all agree that PF is not a very good team. They have some talent though. Here is my assessment of RC:
1.# 12 Freshman QB will be very good in 2 years
2. #5 Very fast
3. #21 Even Faster
4. The can't run between the tackles to save their lives - oline was getting abused. Their speed on the edge is how they move the ball.
5. DL - a bunch of 215 lbs kids and PF had about 150 on the ground by half with a 9th grader at qb and a bunch of underclassmen on the line soph center (who will be good). They will struggle with physical teams. Secondary looks athletic and rangy.

Bottom RC looks just like they did last year. They will go 8-3 or 7 - 4 in regular season. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost to 71st and PC.

a quote from a Raider fan to me
"Till is like Emory. He likes that speed
vs. size on defense. We are so mismatched
at the line, in all 3 games. "
That from a long time Raider fan.

Last edited:
Just left the first half. I think we all agree that PF is not a very good team. They have some talent though. Here is my assessment of RC:
2. #5 Very fast
3. #21 Even Faster
4. The can't run between the tackles to save their lives - oline was getting abused. Their speed on the edge is how they move the ball.
5. DL - a bunch of 215 lbs kids and PF had about 150 on the ground by half with a 9th grader at qb and a bunch of underclassmen on the line soph center (who will be good). They will struggle with physical teams. Secondary looks athletic and rangy.

Bottom RC looks just like they did last year. They will go 8-3 or 7 - 4 in regular season. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost to 71st and PC.
I can't wait till S2v girl friend Ben Badd and Raidette junkie see you assessment and flip out this should be good!!!!

Reactions: swett2victory
2. #5 Very fast
3. #21 Even Faster

Everything you said is correct. This coming from a life long Raider fan. Until we get some legitimate BIGS on the DL/OL we won't compete with the top tier programs.

You can have lighter guys on the line and be successful. But it takes technique, and most importantly double teaming to backers off the line and in some instances man on man cut blocking. Defense hates it but if the rules allow... That's how Denver and Terrell Davis won two Super Bowls with the league's smallest offensive line.

Everything you said is correct. This coming from a life long Raider fan. Until we get some legitimate BIGS on the DL/OL we won't compete with the top tier programs.
Fun,
Yeah it is quite obvious. Not a knock just calling it like it is. PF stoned all of your dives and it was even close. If RC had SC front over the last 6 years it would have been 23 in a row. The speed and skill is all over the place - #5 is scary! He needs more touches! You have seen the same thing. Just like the Scots passing game and secondary play is terrible! Hopefully we both can improve but finding 6 ft 2" - 250 lbs plus lineman is tough. They just don't show up.

Reactions: FUN N' GUN
Gotta be able to coach it...
Agree on offense but that doesn't help with RC's 210 lbs d-line and 170 lbs linebackers. I shit you not they have two starting linebackers that are 5 ft 8 165 and all they do is run around blocks. Run right at them and its over. You can't coach that when you have 250 lbs coming at you or 220 lbs running the ball at you. Great heart but its the bug on the windshield.

Ah, gotcha. I haven't seen Richmond yet but hope to eventually this year. Get em in the weight room boys! Lol, hope it's more about youth than anything...

2. #5 Very fast
3. #21 Even Faster

I agree with almost all of this except about the freshman QB. He is very good now imho and just going to get better.

I agree with almost all of this except about the freshman QB. He is very good now imho and just going to get better.
I take it in context of who they played. See how he looks against Butler? But he is a talent for sure no doubt about that!

Ah, gotcha. I haven't seen Richmond yet but hope to eventually this year. Get em in the weight room boys! Lol, hope it's more about youth than anything...
I have been told that Richmond is so young that they will have 40 returning next year.

I take it in context of who they played. See how he looks against Butler? But he is a talent for sure no doubt about that!
His father was a starting defensive back at UNC and is a very good coach. I think they are easing him into the job. The first two games he always pitched the ball. The other teams covered the pitch man and did not worry a whole lot about the QB. The third game he began fake the pitch and keep the ball. This resulted in a long TD run for him. He will get much better before the end of the year. Richmond has always been a small team compared to the top teams. Over the years Richmond has also had short defensive backs. I think we are even smaller this year than anytime in the past. I see us losing 4 or 5 this year. We are missing coach Hoggard's blocking technique on the OL. Even then with the small line we would be in trouble.

2. #5 Very fast
3. #21 Even Faster

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Richmond loses 5-6 games this season. I know I would be a first or second not sure, but 1) small OL and DL, 2) very young team, & 3) new coach. OL and DL needs beef or technique. Until then, they will get thrown around. Just my 2 cents. Still GO RAIDERS!!!!

I would agree with all above. Speed at skill positions has never been a problem. Size has been a problem for years, but this is the smallest I have seen as an aggregate. Hood will be a talent and I would think the new Coach is looking ahead at the next few years by starting him. His dad is a great athlete and his brothers are good too. Maybe there is a shortage of steak and potatoes in RC as of late...

We will take our knocks this year. I don't think a 5 loss season is unrealistic, but considering that many return, there could be some good times ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT