ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs. Elizabeth City for the 2-A state title

I have Raleigh locals. Reidsville game being shown in its entirety on directv. No channel switching.

Of course last year things got jumbled. I will just record both channels all day.

Reactions: Otis4411
Here is some information that Northeastern fans will like reading.

Since power ranking became readily available about 20 years ago, Reidsville has played in eight state championship games (2017, 2016, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2002 ).

The Rams were favored in six of those games and won all six.

The Rams were underdogs in two of those games ( 2017and 2005) and lost both times.

The Rams are a one point underdog Saturday by both Simmons and CalPreps.

We would've won by more had we not had the brain freeze with the kick off, etc. 11 points was still a good amount tho....would've definitely been more had they not had Jordan.
That is what cost the NHS team in the Championship game against Salisbury in 2010. We kept them locked down, and the pooch kicked hurt us bad..............

Reactions: daagoob
That is what cost the NHS team in the Championship game against Salisbury in 2010. We kept them locked down, and the pooch kicked hurt us bad..............

I think the boys learned from their error the other night. They thought the ball was rolling out of bounds but swo player jumped on it and got the ball back, then they scored. Hopefully they won't let that happen again...that's how swo was able to slightly come back because at that point I believe they were down 34-15.

Ben L Smith High School visits Reidsville for the season opener for the basketball team on Saturday December 22 at 7:30 pm
Several players with power five conference D1 basketball offers will be on the Court!

Reactions: TheMule
What is several?? I know Reidsville has one (Pass)....assuming Smith has the rest and I'm sure all the height....Mismatch??

I think the boys learned from their error the other night. They thought the ball was rolling out of bounds but swo player jumped on it and got the ball back, then they scored. Hopefully they won't let that happen again...that's how swo was able to slightly come back because at that point I believe they were down 34-15.
Yes, me and Otis about lost our minds up there. We were like wtf were they thinking. That mishap give life back to swo and could've definitely cost us the game. Fortunately for us we have some big time talent in addition to Freshwater and our kids just came firing right back. Love our team this year, I could only imagine how good we could of been had Jr Walker not transferred.

Reactions: eaglez15 and dogs79
Yes, me and Otis about lost our minds up there. We were like wtf were they thinking. That mishap give life back to swo and could've definitely cost us the game. Fortunately for us we have some big time talent in addition to Freshwater and our kids just came firing right back. Love our team this year, I could only imagine how good we could of been had Jr Walker not transferred.

I was thinking about Walker today. I know he probably wants to be back.

This is what I'm thinking the winner of this game should be number one in the final 2a poll

What is several?? I know Reidsville has one (Pass)....assuming Smith has the rest and I'm sure all the height....Mismatch??
Smith has two..height wise we are taller then last year....and we match up well..we may be better then last year because our reload (lost 9 seniors) is much better then our scheduled teams reload, and we have senior Justin lowe 6' 3" wing that is starting to get mid major entrance

https://m.facebook.com/ReidsvillePoliceDepartment/?_ft_=mf_story_key.2263025773708989:top_level_post_id.2263025773708989:tl_objid.2263025773708989:content_owner_id_new.593708463974070:eek:riginal_content_id.2319358678098288:eek:riginal_content_owner_id.853363168031187:throwback_story_fbid.2263025773708989:page_id.593708463974070:photo_id.320146058588349:story_location.4:attached_story_attachment_style.video_inline:page_insights.{"593708463974070":{"role":1,"page_id":593708463974070,"post_context":{"story_fbid":2263025773708989,"publish_time":1544741008,"story_name":"EntStatusCreationStory","object_fbtype":266},"actor_id":593708463974070,"psn":"EntStatusCreationStory","sl":4,"dm":{"isShare":1,"originalPostOwnerID":2319358678098288},"targets":[{"page_id":593708463974070,"actor_id":593708463974070,"role":1,"post_id":2263025773708989,"share_id":2319358678098288}]},"853363168031187":{"page_id":853363168031187,"role":1,"actor_id":593708463974070,"psn":"EntStatusCreationStory","attached_story":{"role":1,"page_id":853363168031187,"post_context":{"story_fbid":2319358678098288,"publish_time":1544736283,"story_name":"EntStatusCreationStory","object_fbtype":266},"actor_id":853363168031187,"psn":"EntStatusCreationStory","sl":4,"dm":{"isShare":0,"originalPostOwnerID":0}},"sl":4,"dm":{"isShare":0,"originalPostOwnerID":0},"targets":[{"page_id":853363168031187,"actor_id":593708463974070,"role":1,"post_id":2319358678098288,"share_id":0}]}}&__tn__=CH-R

Check out this video of the city of Reidsville showing their support to the Reidsville Rams. It’s a great feeling to have the whole city behind you

Reactions: Otis4411
After watching Northeastern on film I see the rams taking this game. Brevard played such great ball control and gave up 24 points. I believe their defense is better than northeastern. It's like the game reidsville had vs lincolnton in 2016. Rams shut the high powered offense down and held them to 7.

After watching Northeastern on film I see the rams taking this game. Brevard played such great ball control and gave up 24 points. I believe their defense is better than northeastern. It's like the game reidsville had vs lincolnton in 2016. Rams shut the high powered offense down and held them to 7.
Ok think that

Good luck Reidsville! Wish it had been my Blue Devils. Your guys made the big play at the right time. Hope you add another championship. Maybe we will see you guys again sometime soon!

Reactions: 68 Lion
Well the police maybe behind our rams but we can't be behind them as long as they keep killing dogs for no reason in the county. Shooting them to death while in people yards. I was beside a man in the oil change station when he received the call that his dog was shot in his front yard and killed. And there's been many more. Pisses me off.

So you were at each of these calls to see first hand if the dog was aggressive or charged at the officers or others?

Reactions: Stanimallector
That's a good sendoff. Hopefully its a good close game. It's bad someone has to lose but both teams can be proud of their seasons. Looking forward to tomorrow.

A dog was on the property of the owner. Why would police have any reason to even be on the property. They said they thought it was loose. No excuse. Police get away with everything. They can beat the crap out of anyone and then claim oh they charged at me. Or I thought they had a gun. And then kill peoples pets and can say it was aggressive. No one wants to put blame on the police but find reasons to defend them for doing wrong.

They didn't shoot the dog for no good reason. You just don't like police because they are police. I get that. As the parent of a police officer I will take pride in showing how ignorant you are. Here is one if the incidents you mention. Did u know there was video? Don't answer just keep it on football from now on!

https://myfox8.com/2018/08/30/reidsville-office-who-shot-family-dog-to-return-to-patrol/

Reactions: daagoob
I had my run ins with the law when I was younger. I always got what I asked for. No crying from me. At Wallace Rose Hill earlier this year I went to sit my my friends dogs79 and olddog77 who I've met here. Turns out I was sitting beside a fellow and when he found out I was from Vanceboro he told me he was a retired trooper that served around there. Turns out he had me for drunk driving in 83 i failed the sobriety test miserably but after talking with him he agreed to let me go as long as someone else not drinking could drive. It thrilled me to meet him again! We all met and ate in Jacksonville before they played SWO in the playoffs. He's a great guy. Some people just enjoy being miserable in life. Hope that's not you. I'm done.

I've never drank or smoked in my life. And never will. Never had a reason to be in n trouble by the law. And never will. I'm happy with my life. 2 kids 1 on the way. But I tell the truth and what I encounter first hand. It's not gossip. It's what actually happened. There are some good cops out there. But there's a ton of bad ones that use the badge for power over things weaker than them and the system.

Yeah I'm not sure we'll even be able to get 7pts to be honest, you guys have way more talent and weapons than us.

Yall should get 20. But idk about much more. But all rams heard in 2016 was that lincolnton was unstoppable. Northeastern defense will decide the game. Plus will be raining. And why is game on TV at 12 on channel 48 when game start at 11

Glad to know yall think all cops are good. Shows the ignorance of people. Maybe if you had cops beat you down or shoot your family pet for no reason you would see. Until then......

Yall should get 20. But idk about much more. But all rams heard in 2016 was that lincolnton was unstoppable. Northeastern defense will decide the game. Plus will be raining. And why is game on TV at 12 on channel 48 when game start at 11

The game starts at 11 on tv here in the east from what my guide is showing. I just use over the air signals now.

I've never drank or smoked in my life. And never will. Never had a reason to be in n trouble by the law.

My life story sounds to unbelievable to tell really. 1 or 2 on here have known me most all my life and know I'm not lying. I first smoked pot in 10th grade in 75. My life turned on a dime. I was willing to do most anything to test a better high. Grew up boxing neighborhood friends growing up and that turned into bar fighting. Ever watched Every which way but Loose? I was doing that before the movie. I'd take on 2 or 3 at the time and most times won. Got whipped by 3 in Texas though tgat was tough. They held me and pistol whipped me. My skull was cracked over both eye brows. Almost had to have surgery to remove bone chips. Been cut. In 84 a guy pulled a shotgun on me and I took it and attempted to break the barrel out and beat him with it for pointing it at me. When the stock hit the ground it went off and shot me thru my left leg. Full load #1 buckshot point blank. I flipped in the air and my forehead hit the bumper of a car. I had no idea where it hit me for a few seconds. Watch the western Open Range. When Duvall shoots the guy in the alley through the wall. I jumped the first time I saw it. That is the most realistic scene I have ever seen on tv. That is what a shotgun can do in real life. I quit drinking and drugs then. They were taking my leg off as I headed to surgery. I promised the good Lord if he would help me I'd never drink or do drugs again. Hard to describe the feeling waking up realizing what had happened then looking down and seeing the imprint of 2 feet sticking up under the sheet. I've tried hard to be a better person from that. Got a great wife and 2 good kids. I have done my best to warn them about drugs and alcohol. They affect people in different ways. I'm lucky to be here. Oh and I climb poles for a living. I work as a lineman and have no limp.

Reactions: TheMule and daagoob
at least it looks nice and dry in NE part of the state....nothing like heavy rain on top of snow like we have here.....miserable outside today with temps around 40 degrees and moderate rain fall...also wind....feel sorry for the clubs that are playing outside tonite.....

Tomorrow is looking better. Accu is saying no rain after 9am in Raleigh.

This game is rated as a toss-up ... also the weather predictions from various sources for Raleigh:

Accuweather: rain ending at 9 a.m. with cloudy and mid-50s during game
Weather Channel: 70 percent rain at 11 a.m. dropping to 45 percent by 1 p.m.
National Weather Service: Showers, mainly before 2pm. High near 59. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%
WRAL.com: Cloudy skies with rain likely in morning then mostly cloudy in afternoon with the chance for spotty showers. Rain will not be as widespread or steady as it was Friday but still be prepared for a few showers if you have any outdoor plans! Highs in the lower-mid 60s.

Take your pick

This game is rated as a toss-up ... also the weather predictions from various sources for Raleigh:

Accuweather: rain ending at 9 a.m. with cloudy and mid-50s during game
Weather Channel: 70 percent rain at 11 a.m. dropping to 45 percent by 1 p.m.
National Weather Service: Showers, mainly before 2pm. High near 59. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%
WRAL.com: Cloudy skies with rain likely in morning then mostly cloudy in afternoon with the chance for spotty showers. Rain will not be as widespread or steady as it was Friday but still be prepared for a few showers if you have any outdoor plans! Highs in the lower-mid 60s.

Take your pick

At least in Carter Finley we can get under the upper deck on both sides. Tks for posting that. I had only looked at accuweather.

Reactions: eaglez15

I believe it will be shown on one channel then at 12 switched to another channel

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT