ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs. Elizabeth City for the 2-A state title

Yall should get 20. But idk about much more. But all rams heard in 2016 was that lincolnton was unstoppable. Northeastern defense will decide the game. Plus will be raining. And why is game on TV at 12 on channel 48 when game start at 11

I believe it will be shown on one channel then at 12 switched to another channel

Eaglez15 is right. I remember reading tgat now! I finally figured out how to insert 2 quotes!! What a day!! :eek:

Reactions: eaglez15 and dogs79
This game is rated as a toss-up ... also the weather predictions from various sources for Raleigh:

Accuweather: rain ending at 9 a.m. with cloudy and mid-50s during game
Weather Channel: 70 percent rain at 11 a.m. dropping to 45 percent by 1 p.m.
National Weather Service: Showers, mainly before 2pm. High near 59. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%
WRAL.com: Cloudy skies with rain likely in morning then mostly cloudy in afternoon with the chance for spotty showers. Rain will not be as widespread or steady as it was Friday but still be prepared for a few showers if you have any outdoor plans! Highs in the lower-mid 60s.

Take your pick

Forecasts make no difference to me. I am wearing rain suit and boots.

And they make no difference to the teams. They are wearing the same uniforms no matter the forecasts.:)

Forecasts make no difference to me. I am wearing rain suit and boots.

And they make no difference to the teams. They are wearing the same uniforms no matter the forecasts.:)
You can always take it off it you don't need it ... but you can't put it on if you don't have it. I use that advice when heading out the golf course (which I haven't seen in a while).

You can always take it off it you don't need it ... but you can't put it on if you don't have it. I use that advice when heading out the golf course (which I haven't seen in a while).

Right. And it does't look like we will be hitting the links anytime soon.

Since I started my comeback this summer after a nifty little 40 year layoff, its been nothing by mud and more mud. Not like I remembered the good old days.

Reactions: Otis4411
Right. And it does't look like we will be hitting the links anytime soon.

Since I started my comeback this summer after a nifty little 40 year layoff, its been nothing by mud and more mud. Not like I remembered the good old days.
40 years ??? wow ... it has been a pitiful weather fall. We had to cancel three club tournaments ... maybe next year.

Wow, #2 in the nation in sacks, that's impressive. I love this group of players we have.
Not sure where you got those stats??? ... Reidsville averaging 219.9 yards rushing per game (7.0 per carry) and 148.1 yards passing per game. (passing stats correct). Completing 61 per cent of passes.
Reidsville averages 368 yards per game despite 6 or 7 running clocks.

Also wrong on Reidsville PPG -- it's 44.5 points per game while allowing 7.6.

Why in the world does the NCHSAA play a championship game at 11oclock that goes against everything you do all season I'm sure it's probably due to where the game is played but to me you would think the state would do everything possible so these kids could play at the highest level possible and I'm just speaking for me it just seems that's awful early for a football game

Not sure where you got those stats??? ... Reidsville averaging 219.9 yards rushing per game (7.0 per carry) and 148.1 yards passing per game. (passing stats correct). Completing 61 per cent of passes.

Take your complaint up with 252 on twitter, I didn't write it I was merely commenting on how were ranked #2 in the nation in sacks.

Reactions: eaglez15
Take your complaint up with 252 on twitter, I didn't write it I was merely commenting on how were ranked #2 in the nation in sacks.
TGT keeps the Reidsville stats so he knows whereof he speaks....never heard of the site you linked but their info at least on Reidsville side is wrong............................not blaming you..................

Reactions: daagoob
Why in the world does the NCHSAA play a championship game at 11oclock that goes against everything you do all season I'm sure it's probably due to where the game is played but to me you would think the state would do everything possible so these kids could play at the highest level possible and I'm just speaking for me it just seems that's awful early for a football game

They have to play three games at the site Saturday.

TGT keeps the Reidsville stats so he knows whereof he speaks....never heard of the site you linked but their info at least on Reidsville side is wrong............................not blaming you..................
No problem, I just saw the post on twitter and was kind of surprised that our Eagles ranked #2 in the nation in sacks. I know we were top 10 in the nation last year in total offense. I really excited about this game. It's the first time I've ever been to a state cship game and Im living my dreams thru our kids out there. This is the norm for you guys, you know being dubbed Title Town and all. For us over here in the far northeastern corner of the state this is something to really appreciate and get excited for. Looking forward to this game and going up against such a storied program in Reidsville.

Reactions: dogs79
Those Reidsville Rams are ready
I hope players are at home getting some rest they have to be at the school at 6:30 in the morning.

That actually came directly off of MaxPreps I just saw it. One place lists points per game at the figure on the chart goob shared but then scoring average as the figure you gave.

I will say this and it might not make any difference in the world but this what I think. 1. Coach Teague and his staff has been here many times before and many of the players have experienced it before. 2. This is yally'a first time. 3. Northeastern came up tonight. Kids will be kids. Bringing them up to stay in hotel can be a blessing or a curse. 4. Experience takes the day. Reidsville 35 20. Safe travels and good luck

I will say this and it might not make any difference in the world but this what I think. 1. Coach Teague and his staff has been here many times before and many of the players have experienced it before. 2. This is yally'a first time. 3. Northeastern came up tonight. Kids will be kids. Bringing them up to stay in hotel can be a blessing or a curse. 4. Experience takes the day. Reidsville 35 20. Safe travels and good luck
Partially agree, can't wait. Game starts at 11am. We are 3 hrs away, I don't think our coach made the right choice by driving up today, I know he did.

Reactions: dirtybird88
A 2:30 Saturday afternoon game is also against everything done all season.

No way would I take the chance of putting a bunch of teenagers up in a hotel the night before a big game. It happened to Reidsville in 93 my freshman year when we went to West Brunswick we stayed in a hotel and I remember being up all night playing around I bet we didn’t got to bed until 3am in the morning.

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
No problem, I just saw the post on twitter and was kind of surprised that our Eagles ranked #2 in the nation in sacks. I know we were top 10 in the nation last year in total offense. I really excited about this game. It's the first time I've ever been to a state cship game and Im living my dreams thru our kids out there. This is the norm for you guys, you know being dubbed Title Town and all. For us over here in the far northeastern corner of the state this is something to really appreciate and get excited for. Looking forward to this game and going up against such a storied program in Reidsville.
Well said .we have the same problem here in Western part of the state we have had 3 really good football teams the last 3 year's and Reidsville has beat us all three times even through we have lost I've become a really big fan of the Rams there football program is first class the Rams play a really hard nosed brand of football they have the most balanced offence you will see they can beat you running the ball and they can beat you throwing the ball and they will beat you playing defence and they hardly ever turn the ball over.now that I've said all this I don't know one thing about Northeastern you guys may be good enough to win.we will find out soon enough if anybody is going to beat the Rams this would be the year to do it next few years they will be the team to beat.

Today is the day for NE to go out there amd bring it back to the EAST!!! Wishing both programs safe travels and good luck!!! Pulling for the Eagles in this one!!

Reactions: daagoob
Got my ONLINE ticket, its good for all games. Will start out with NE/Reidsville. Can switch over to the Jacksonville/CC game on and off. Its warm here today with sun and high in mid 50s. Ya'll stay warm and dry at the game, I will be.

GO EAGLES
GO CARDS

Reactions: eaglez15
Got my ONLINE ticket, its good for all games. Will start out with NE/Reidsville. Can switch over to the Jacksonville/CC game on and off. Its warm here today with sun and high in mid 50s. Ya'll stay warm and dry at the game, I will be.

GO EAGLES
GO CARDS
What's a online ticket swo#1 and how much do it cost

What's a online ticket swo#1 and how much do it cost
You can watch all games live and on demand with the nfhs.com....it cost 9.95 for the month but if you love nc high school fb like me its a good deal....you can switch back n forth like #1 said

hAVNT HAD TIME TO CHECK OUT THE JACKSONVILLE GAME. lAST i SAY IT WAS cc - 6 jVILLE - 3

UPDATE .....JACKSONVILLE - 14 CC - 10 HALFTIME

kiCKOFF ...TAKEN AT THE 19 BY REIDSVILLE AND GOES TO THE 35
Handoff l.....Long ....good run ...NE trying to strip the ball and didnt tacke

Handoff .....inside the 35 for Long
Handoff ....Canada ......slips out of the pile in the middle and gets outside for a 1st down

Handoff ....stacked up in the middle for NO GAIN
flag .....face mask on NE .....1ST DOWN RAMS

in the red zone now at the 18
another flag on Ne .....offisides ......settle down guys
Handoff ...Canada gets 3 up the middle

FOG SET IN NOW

Pass to the flat ......Canada ...fights to keep the ball from being stripped ....to the 6
fake handoff ....keeper by Pennix ....NO GAIN
4th and goal

BACK TO PAS .....GREAT CATCH ...TOUCHDOWN RAMS....THEY NEEDED THAT ONE
PAT .....GOOD

NE- 21 REIDSVILLE - 14

What if they stop the run but they fail to score, then who wins? This game is a coin flip, as a diehard Northeastern fan I give a slight edge to Reidsville. Reidsville -5. Hope I'm wrong

Unfortunately I was correct on my prediction. What a great game though. I had an unbelievable time. Also heard some good potentially good news last night. The 6'2 star kicker out of Gates County may be coming to Northeastern. The kicking coach has left Gates to accept a job at Currituck and the kids parents are willing to relocate if that's what their son wants to do. He's rated a 4* kicker and has been invited to Vegas next month. Anyone who seen this kid knows he's a beast and Northeastern definitely needs a kicker.

Unfortunately I was correct on my prediction. What a great game though. I had an unbelievable time. Also heard some good potentially good news last night. The 6'2 star kicker out of Gates County may be coming to Northeastern. The kicking coach has left Gates to accept a job at Currituck and the kids parents are willing to relocate if that's what their son wants to do. He's rated a 4* kicker and has been invited to Vegas next month. Anyone who seen this kid knows he's a beast and Northeastern definitely needs a kicker.

LoL NE needs a lot more then a kicker next year, promise that one. You made that prediction to give NE some fire under them. It back fired on you. You never thought NE would lose LoL you been talking ring for four months now. NE choked this game.away and you know that. The all american coach of the year, lost this game for NE. Zero adjustments...... btw where in the world is he ranted 4star kicker LoL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT