ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs. Elizabeth City for the 2-A state title

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
Here's the early forecast (Sunday weather):

Reidsville: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. North wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Looks like Reidsville will be out of school for at least two days.

Elizabeth City: Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 45. Breezy, with a northeast wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Maybe one team will get a full week of practice/preparation, one will not. Will that be a factor?
Since the game is on Saturday, instead of Friday, there will be an extra day of practice.

Here's the early forecast (Sunday weather):

Reidsville: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. North wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Looks like Reidsville will be out of school for at least two days.

Elizabeth City: Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 45. Breezy, with a northeast wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Maybe one team will get a full week of practice/preparation, one will not. Will that be a factor?
Since the game is on Saturday, instead of Friday, there will be an extra day of practice.
tgt...forecast maps I've seen say a foot of snow for Reidsville.....even if it's less where the heck can the Rams practice......?? the gym?? that's not good..........

9 inches. Miss two days. TGT making jokes now. If they get nine inches, not school until Friday, if then.
You probably got that right 90 ... but I said at least 2 days. Even if they get back in school, the field will be snow covered. Not a good situation.

Ironic that weather in the eastern part of the state caused the playoffs to be pushed back a week and now the weather in the western and central part of the state will cause problems.

Last edited:
The triad is scheduled to get between 6-12 inches of snow. On top of that there’s freezing rain coming in behind it with a week of weather that won’t break above freezing much at all. If weather predictions are spot on, the kids won’t be in school next week as it won’t get warm enough until Friday to melt anything.

My guess the game will be at 3. No certain schedule until the press conferences. 11 or 3 likely. I really doubt we get the 7 o’clock slot.

So are the press conferences scheduled for tomorrow ? Would think so with the weather coming in tomorrow evening.

Surely they will decide the times before Wednesday. Unless it snows next weekend. Kinda like last year.

My guess the game will be at 3. No certain schedule until the press conferences. 11 or 3 likely. I really doubt we get the 7 o’clock slot.
According to NCHSAA website, the time slots at NC State:
Saturday, December 15, 2018
11:00 am - TBA
2:30 pm - TBA
6:00 pm - TBA

The pairings have not been set other than 2A, 2AA and 1AA will play championships there.

Surely they will decide the times before Wednesday. Unless it snows next weekend. Kinda like last year.
I would think the times for the three games will be announced Saturday.

Last edited:
This coming from such a class act as yourself. Please out of respect for the Reidsville posters stay off this thread.

Pipe down dude. No one respect you after you showed your ass tonight. I'll message when I want

I'll post my delight on NE going for their first State Title, then I will sit back and wait for the game. A great team with lots of heart. Go get em Eagles, The Beast of the East.

Best of Luck...just play like Friday Night and it will be good ..... :cool:

11 a.m. Raleigh Carter Finley Stadium - Saturday, Dec. 15 -
Reidsville (15-0) vs. Elizabeth City Northeastern (14-0)
THE ONLY matchup of the 8 state title game that features two undefeated teams.

Some Questions:

1. Have Reidsville and Elizabeth City ever played before?
Yes! Reidsville and Elizabeth City have met twice before in state championship games:
1932 - Reidsville 32, Elizabeth City 12
1940 - Reidsville 14, Elizabeth City 12

2. Why do they need the Northeastern tacked on to the name?
3. Is there another Elizabeth City school?
4. When did it become Northeastern?
5. Do the locals call it Northeastern or Elizabeth City High?

Wikipedia answered a couple of my questions:
Northeastern was founded in 1969, replacing Elizabeth City High School, P.W. Moore High School, and Central High School. Northeastern's mascot is the Eagle. Its school colors are green and gold. It is one of two high schools in Pasquotank County; the other is Pasquotank County High School.

Which leads to another question: What was the mascot of Elizabeth City High School?

Wikipedia answered 1 of my questions:
Northeastern was founded in 1969, replacing Elizabeth City High School, P.W. Moore High School, and Central High School. Northeastern's mascot is the Eagle. Its school colors are green and gold. It is one of two high schools in Pasquotank County; the other is Pasquotank County High School.

Which leads to another question: What was the mascot of Elizabeth City High School?

I know, I know!!!! Yellow Jackets. They floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee! Well until they met Reidsville in the Championship anyway! :p
http://classicschools.com/blog/nc/elizabeth-city-high-school-elizabeth-city-north-carolina/

The core of this team is sophomores. How many seniors start?
Sorry but the core of this team is Seniors and juniors, good sophomores but they ain't the core, only 4 sophomores start, rankin, pass, pinnix and mosqueda.. that's a tackle, de, qb and wr/cb

Last edited:
I believe this might be the last chance to beat Reidsville in the state game for a while....Northeastern is hungry and as long as they play mistake free football,they will win...
Agree bro believe the rams are year away

The core of this team is sophomores. How many seniors start?
There are 6 seniors plus the kicker who are regular starters on this year's "rebuilding" Ram edition after losing a bunch of seniors from last year's 15-1 team.

That would keep the state record streak going -- currently 307 straight games without being shutout.
That is damned impressive! What year was the last shutout?

I knew that ECU has a long shutout streak going. Their last shutout was back in 1997. 266 games I think now. I was hoping State was going to break it but ECU scored on the last play with a field goal. I wouldn't want to put the first string defense back out just to seal it but I was hoping the guys playing could get it done. It's an amazing streak. It's not the longest in the country in college but it is among the longest.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT