ADVERTISEMENT

Playing in snow...

msc117

Nov 1, 2003
Will they still play even though they are calling for a little bit of ❄....

They will play unless it is absolutely crushing. 1989 blizzard and ice. All games at Chapel Hill. Were going to play as players were in town but there would have been no one at the games due to roads getting to CH. Delayed one day to Sunday.

Was that when one of the 2a games were there....I remember it sleeting one year and a cold wind...

Got to say you guys will definitely have the weather advantages....good luck on Saturday...spent alot of time on the your home side watching games over the years...

Reactions: beamer24
I remember going to see Clayton play I think Monroe 198?? At Clayton . There was snow pushed up in piles where they had cleared the field

in 2002..Reidsville played HP Andrews on a Sunday afternoon in regional final...big ice and snow storm made the game not possbile on friday and sat....field was only partially cleared for the sunday game.......Rams won game and state title next week...........

in 2002..Reidsville played HP Andrews on a Sunday afternoon in regional final...big ice and snow storm made the game not possbile on friday and sat....field was only partially cleared for the sunday game.......Rams won game and state title next week...........

Schools in Charlotte Meck were closed Tuesday through Thursday after getting blaster Monday night. Cannot remember if they went back Friday on a delay or not. Indy played Butler at Memorial Stadium in the regional final. Senior year of Chris Leak. First year of all class subdividing.

Will they still play even though they are calling for a little bit of ❄....
Playing in snow isn't bad as ice. If it isn't below 32 degrees you really don't notice it,we use to play sandlot in the snow growing up you really felted warm.

Otis, you going to both games?

I'm probably going to watch Havelock at Duke then head over to watch the Wallace Rose game.

Have you and Dog79 figured out where you are going to stop and eat? I see there is a cracker barrel just off of 40 near Garner.

I'm probably going to watch Havelock at Duke then head over to watch the Wallace Rose game.

Have you and Dog79 figured out where you are going to stop and eat? I see there is a cracker barrel just off of 40 near Garner.
I'll find out for sure tomorrow and let ya know. Check on here tomorrow night. I think they talking about some hole-in-the-wall joint in Raleigh. Supposed to be good country food. I didn't catch the name yet. I'll let ya know tommorow.

Reactions: Otis4411
I'll find out for sure tomorrow and let ya know. Check on here tomorrow night. I think they talking about some hole-in-the-wall joint in Raleigh. Supposed to be good country food. I didn't catch the name yet. I'll let ya know tommorow.
The Pit in downtown Raleigh is very good, easy access off the beltway. Carolina Ale House on 70 just off I40 on 70 in front of Cabelas. You cvan pick up some snow gear at Cabelas! LOL:)

If the NCHSAA postponed because of some winter weather, than they are softer than fresh cotton candy at the NC State Fair! My goodness some of you....it is football. It can and should be played in all adverse weather minus hurricane, tornado, lightning, dust storm, tsunami, typhoon, and other obscure crazy elements not listed.

With statewide tv live broadcast 25% of would be fans will stay home before rain. If the teams can get there the games should go on even if bleachers are empty. Game broadcasts should be delayed until Sunday to get more fans off couch.

I'm still going. High school football at its best. Screw the weather. I got ski bibs.
Same here Otis. I found out we're eating at Watkins grill. I think it's on old wakebforest Rd. Double check my directions with Google. Never been there, but one of our crowd swears by it we should be there around 1ish

Reactions: Otis4411 and dogs79
I had planned on going ever since last Friday night but with the snow don't think I want to drive 4 hours. I'm really glad it's aired on T.v unlike last year. But really kinda sad. They should play the game if the teams are there. It's football play the game!!!

It has snowed hard all day here in High Point but it's not really sticking. It is supposed to come down until 4PM tomorrow so we may end up with some accumulation.

Reactions: 96panther
down to 34 degrees at my house Mule at 11am...snowing pretty good.....................
3 pm now and snow is starting to stick on my grass.

And because a lot of posters are obsessed with injuries, I am happy to say the Rams are healthy for the game tomorrow.

Reidsville area now under a Winter Storm Warning until Sat. afternoon for 4 or more inches of snow...hopefully the roads wont be too bad.....................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT