ADVERTISEMENT

Playing in snow...

Remember the players coaches cheerleaders band members have to ride school buses (at least Reidsville is) to the games...too much of a liability with 6 inches of snow on the ground in Reidsville

Reactions: blackbulldog
Remember the players coaches cheerleaders band members have to ride school buses (at least Reidsville is) to the games...too much of a liability with 6 inches of snow on the ground in Reidsville
Anybody know if that new road that opened near Hicone Road in Greensboro is going to now be the best way to navigate to 40/85 toward RDU?

yes it's open TGT..., at least according to my HWY Patrol Son-In-Law.................
Yeah ... I saw that in news ... but is it the best route now to Raleigh-Durham?
Almost anything would be better than zig-zag route through Elon / Gibsonville / Whitsett ...

It just goes over to McLeansville and joins up with I40/85.
Quicker from Reidsville to take NC87 to Burlington.
87 through Burlington and Graham? I usually go backroads and join 85/40 at Whitsett.

Same here Otis. I found out we're eating at Watkins grill. I think it's on old wakebforest Rd. Double check my directions with Google. Never been there, but one of our crowd swears by it we should be there around 1ish
Watkins Grill is a great place to eat. Kind of hard to find, if not careful you'll go right by it. It's kind of next to an underpass. Not much parking, the police, and fireman all eat there so you know its good. Not fancy but plenty of good old home cooking, reasonably priced.(much better and authentic than a Cracker Barrel)I haven't been there in awhile, will have to go by myself next time i'm in Raleigh town.

87 through Burlington and Graham? I usually go backroads and join 85/40 at Whitsett.
Been going to games in Chapel Hill from Reidsville and now my home on Somers Loop for nearly 50 years.
Have tried every possible route known to mankind.
Quickest way is NC87 through Burlington and Graham to NC54.
Edited to note my wife hates that route and keeps trying to find one quicker but no luck so far!:)

Been going to games in Chapel Hill from Reidsville and now my home on Somers Loop for nearly 50 years.
Have tried every possible route known to mankind.
Quickest way is NC87 through Burlington and Graham to NC54.
Edited to note my wife hates that route and keeps trying to find one quicker but no luck so far!:)
But you are from East Reidsville so you are disqualified from knowing about the new road route. That's where I hope Ram BBQ's highway patrol connection can weigh in.

But you are from East Reidsville so you are disqualified from knowing about the new road route. That's where I hope Ram BBQ's highway patrol connection can weigh in.
You forget my office is in Greensboro.
I go Candy Creek to US29
We don't use compass point designations down here.;)

Its suppose to clear out by 1 tomorrow according to weathernation in duplin county its drizzling rain watching the news its raining in chapel hill now weather suppose to stay above freezing

11 and 3 Sunday don't sound to bad...another round of snow with additional 3 inches possible today...just hope all teams can make it...some driving through 10-15 inches snow..

Where was the 10"to 15" at, thats a good bit of snow. Were you guys expecting that to happen or was it unexpected ?

This from Greensboro News & Record:

More than 20 wrecks associated with the weather were reported Friday afternoon, said Susan Danielsen with Greensboro police. Calls kept coming in throughout the evening, including an overturned school bus in High Point. No school children were on board, WGHP-Channel 8 reported. Police said the wrecks have been minor so far, but they are urging people to stay off the roads until the weather improves.

Maybe the forecasters will get it wrong for today (like they did Friday) ... but here's what they're saying - again from the News & Record:

Greensboro and Guilford County could see another one to two inches of snow accumulation today, according to the National Weather Service.
The forecast calls for a 90 percent chance of precipitation mainly before 1 p.m. High will be near 35.
Rockingham County is forecasted to get the same amount of snow today with most of it coming before 5 p.m.
Forsyth could see 1 to 2 additional inches of snow that could become mixed with rain before 1 p.m.

everyone leave extra early and drive as safely as possible! i hope everyone, including players and students make it to and from their destinations safely!

Where was the 10"to 15" at, thats a good bit of snow. Were you guys expecting that to happen or was it unexpected ?
Cherokee(coming through 10-15 inches)....Hibriten....AC Reynolds...Mr Airy....all got heavy snow,,,I think Reidsville did also...pray for all teams to make it safely...highest amounts predicted were 3-5 inches but the good man up above decided to add a little more...

Reactions: 96panther
I think alott of guys growing up fantasized about playing a real game in the snow .i know we did as kids. Well here it is!!!

Is there any snow on the ground at the three Triangle venues?
I know there has to be at Wake Forest if it looks like my yard.

Yep snowing here still. I tried calling my cousin to see what time the team is leaving. He plays for them.

Wrh is leaving in about 45 mins my cousin says where i live its calm nothing happening but wind blowing and misty rain

All the teams shouldve been there already i wouldnt wait till late to get there..

Melted my a##...lol....roads are basically wet and slushy but if it drops to low 20's late tonite...they will be an ice skating rink.....4-5 inches of snow in yard right now and still snowing (2:30pm)..............................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT