ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @ tuscola (3rd year @ tuscola in a row)

That video just made a liar out of you ,not only on the score but the mercy point. Tonight they will be no mercy from the Bears.Then you can bitch about it for the next year.
So I got the score wrong. Big Deal. It was a few years ago. Point is you lost big. Take your mercy and shove it.

Reactions: bearfan4life
Who changes underwear these days?! That's boring.
And if yalls coach had his way he would have changed his scenery a few times by now.
I mean If he really wanted out Tuscola will have a job opening after next year…….again

Reactions: 91ths
So I got the score wrong. Big Deal. It was a few years ago. Point is you lost big. Take your mercy and shove it.
Lol truth is both beat downs in the series have had a little mercy. Tuscola was loaded then and could have beat us much worse. Pisgah 06 team was loaded as well and Tuscola had just graduated Crompton and lost a coach they were trying to rebuild almost from scratch it could have been worse also. I still say that game ended coach Sextons chances at Tuscola before he ever got his boxes unpacked in his office.

Somebody from Haywood County should be scoring this game on Maxpreps or something….
You Pisgah and Tuscola guys are gonna have to post some score updates on here.

This is supposed to be one of if not the biggest rivalry game in the state each year…. We need more than just crickets!! 😂

Reactions: heelzfor2
I’m here for my crow couldn’t get an electronic to work at the game. Congratulations to the Mounties. No excuses that was a beat down. Your team wanted it more. Pains me to this bc I’m not a fan of him as a person but great game plan by Crompton and staff. Coached circles around our staff tonight who must have read their press clippings too much. Two teams in a row have beat Pisgah the same way on Defense. Secrets out stop the run with 8 or 9 in the box and defend the fly rout near the sideline. You can vacate the middle of the field, don’t worry we will not even look to throw over your safety in the middle you can bring him to the LOS for run support. Tuscola owned the line of scrimmage and took D notes from WH last week and that was ballgame. Good win Mounties. Also as dead flat as I’ve ever seen a Pisgah team in this game

Dang, I guess the P doesn't stand for physical anymore. There was a coaching clinic in Waynesville tonight and Chappell and his bunch of West Haywood transplants (on and off the field) were not included in it. If you are going to talk smack all week to the press, at least have a game plan to back it up. Coach Crompton's game plan put the smoke on you tonight. I never thought I would see a Crompton lead team run it right down someone's throat. I think East Henderson's run defense is better than Pisgah's. The score was much, much closer than the actual game. I haven't seen a beatdown like that since Brosius was under center with the 2009 team. Well there is always next year. I hope you enjoy the 730 days of the New Streak.

Last edited:
Yes, that is the flattest I can ever remember seeing any team play in this rivalry. We never matched Tuscola’s intensity all night and were absolutely blown off the ball on the line 90+% of the night.

After Reynolds left the backfield to injury early in the game, our offensive playcalls looked like something out of Termite game for the rest of the night.

We were owned all night long.

Dang, I guess the P doesn't stand for physical anymore. There was a coaching clinic in Waynesville tonight and Chappell and his bunch of West Haywood transplants (on and off the field) were not included in it. If you are going to talk smack all week to the press, at least have a game plan to back it up. Coach Crompton's game plan put the smoke on you tonight. I never thought I would see a Crompton lead team run it right down someone's throat. I think East Henderson's run defense is better than Pisgah's. The score was much, much closer than the actual game. I haven't seen a beatdown like that since Brosiuis was under center with the 2009 team. Well there is always next year. I hope you enjoy the 730 days of the New Streak.
This minus a little hyperbole in the middle there but for the most part you’re absolutely correct. I will however say if you guys played like that all year you may be undefeated or a one loss team. Congratulations to you guys it was a butt kicking.

i was talking to a friend of mine from Canton a couple days ago and asked him why the Pisgah fanbase thought the Bears were so good. You had played two teams this year in which the QB could throw a forward pass and you want to talk smack about how good your defense is? What happened to the tough "up the river boys"? Thanks to Coach Chappell for the extra motivation from his cocky quotes and his Canton midget game plan. All you guys judged us by the Franklin game and while we did stink that night, we have been competitive most of the year.

Reactions: BlueVols and 91ths
What's up with calling the 50/50 with 7 minutes to go and not letting folks know if there's a winner or not? Seems a whole lot shady to me.

The Crompton effect was in full force tonight!!! Glad yall got to see it first hand.

And I was kinda right about the wishbone.
I don’t know if it was the Crompton effect or just some boys in black that stepped onto the field with the mindset that they wouldn’t walk off the field without the win. That may be attributed to him but they were ready. Very inspired play.

What's up with calling the 50/50 with 7 minutes to go and not letting folks know if there's a winner or not? Seems a whole lot shady to me.
Not sure. Come to think of it they didn’t announce as much about it like they usually do. Last I heard the sheriff had picked the ticket and was taking it to the press box

I will say this.. the "bears" on the hats I seem was pretty nice. Kinda clean and old school.

That's the best Tuscola played all season, it was nice to finally see coach try a run game instead of 700 pass attempts, if he went with that game plan all season who knows where they would stand at this point, it's a big win for sure but it's puzzeling to try to understand where this effort to run the ball has been all season.

i was talking to a friend of mine from Canton a couple days ago and asked him why the Pisgah fanbase thought the Bears were so good. You had played two teams this year in which the QB could throw a forward pass and you want to talk smack about how good your defense is? What happened to the tough "up the river boys"? Thanks to Coach Chappell for the extra motivation from his cocky quotes and his Canton midget game plan. All you guys judged us by the Franklin game and while we did stink that night, we have been competitive most of the year.
In all fairness, we changed almost everything on D tonight and for the life of me I have absolutely no clue why? Two of our linebackers that have had great years, I’m not sure they ever touched the field on that side of the ball. 12 hasn’t played on D all year till tonight? Just an odd gameplan.

Jed West was the best player on the field tonight and there wasn’t a close second. Hats off to that young man for a helluva game. Congrats to Big T on the victory!

I think the biggest thing last night was Tuscola didn't make many costly mistakes. Too many times there was a false start here or a holding there. Getting 1 and 15 or 2 and 20 makes you have to throw the ball. And with West at qb you're definitely going to throw it regardless, he's too good not to throw some.
I believe Tuscolas "soft" offense had 240 yards rushing or so. Coming out of the half and running it over and over and over taking up the majority of the 3rd qtr was something Tuscola hasn't seen in years.

And I believe the take home for the 50/50 was around 14k? Not 100% sure but I think that's what I heard.

But really was it an upset? That Charmin non conference schedule builds all the false hope in the world.

But really was it an upset? That Charmin non conference schedule builds all the false hope in the world.
Are we worldbeaters? No. Were we a top 3 team in the state like RPI suggests? No. However, the team that stepped on the field last night is definitely not who we are as a whole. We never showed up on our own and then y’all found a way to stick a dagger in us the very few times that we appeared to have a little life.
The TD that West threw by avoiding the sack in the third was ultimately the will breaker for us. The receiver made that play by slipping 10yds behind the D and sitting while West was running for his life. That play happened right in front of me and the receiver created it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT