ADVERTISEMENT

MAC 4A/3A Week 2 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Week 1 is in the books and was an overall good day for the MAC conference.

Providence Day @ Asheville

The Cougars had a real scare with Tuscola and will have to play much better this week to even keep it close. Providence Day is littered with D1 prospects and is ranked nationally in some polls.

Providence Day 41
Asheville 13

Pisgah @ Enka

Enka looked good in week 1 dismantling Owen and Pisgah had a nice win over Brevard. This should be a close game but Pisgah has a slight edge.

Pisgah 24
Enka 21

Mountain Heritage @ Erwin

No one expected Erwin to beat Daniel Boone much less shut them out. Erwin hasn't played defense like that in many many years. Mountain Heritage almost came back to beat a decent Chase team. This will be another good game but Erwin should be too much at home.

Erwin 27
Mountain Heritage 20

McDowell @ Mitchell

It was heartbreak for McDowell as they grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory leading by 8 with the ball inside the opponent's 5 with less than 3 minutes to go. It will only get tougher this week as they travel to Mitchell who is fresh off a big win over Charlotte Latin.

Mitchell 29
McDowell 14

North Buncombe @ Owen

Can the Blackhawks make it 2 in a row? They have a really good shot of winning this one against a struggling Owen team. In fact, they may be 3-0 to start the season. This should be another close game but I think North Buncombe will be riding high off of breaking the 18-game losing streak.

North Buncombe 28
Owen 22

Shelby @ Reynolds

Things don't get much easier this week for Reynolds who will still be missing their most explosive player, Max Guest. Shelby has been struggling as of late (for their standards) and Reynolds should get the win.

Reynolds 21
Shelby 13

East Rutherford @ Roberson

Another year, another opening loss to Watauga. This year it was very close but the Rams could only muster 12 points against the Pioneers. Things should be easier this week against East Rutherford.

Roberson 34
East Rutherford 14

You’re very kind titanman. If Asheville couldn’t put tuscola away, give me providence day by 30. I just hope we stay healthy. In fact, I’m not even sure why we scheduled this game.

You’re very kind titanman. If Asheville couldn’t put tuscola away, give me providence day by 30. I just hope we stay healthy. In fact, I’m not even sure why we scheduled this game.
I was very surprised by the Tuscola score. I expected Asheville to win by 2 scores at least. Ellis really helped you out too. Losing him was pretty much a death blow to this season for the Titans.

Just like Guest for ACR, Cougars were missing their best player as well due to an injury. Played with 4 JV players on Defense the 2nd half due to assorted injuries as well. That being said WAY too many penalties that has to be cleaned up. Starting a Freshman and 2 Sophomores on the Oline. Not sure why we would want to see Providence Day with this young team either. Could get ugly.

I was very surprised by the Tuscola score. I expected Asheville to win by 2 scores at least. Ellis really helped you out too. Losing him was pretty much a death blow to this season for the Titans.
Ellis really helped since he was the only RB of four we had available. He was an Ironman for sure

Reactions: Titanman27
Week 1 is in the books and was an overall good day for the MAC conference.

Providence Day @ Asheville

The Cougars had a real scare with Tuscola and will have to play much better this week to even keep it close. Providence Day is littered with D1 prospects and is ranked nationally in some polls.

Providence Day 41
Asheville 13

Pisgah @ Enka

Enka looked good in week 1 dismantling Owen and Pisgah had a nice win over Brevard. This should be a close game but Pisgah has a slight edge.

Pisgah 24
Enka 21

Mountain Heritage @ Erwin

No one expected Erwin to beat Daniel Boone much less shut them out. Erwin hasn't played defense like that in many many years. Mountain Heritage almost came back to beat a decent Chase team. This will be another good game but Erwin should be too much at home.

Erwin 27
Mountain Heritage 20

McDowell @ Mitchell

It was heartbreak for McDowell as they grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory leading by 8 with the ball inside the opponent's 5 with less than 3 minutes to go. It will only get tougher this week as they travel to Mitchell who is fresh off a big win over Charlotte Latin.

Mitchell 29
McDowell 14

North Buncombe @ Owen

Can the Blackhawks make it 2 in a row? They have a really good shot of winning this one against a struggling Owen team. In fact, they may be 3-0 to start the season. This should be another close game but I think North Buncombe will be riding high off of breaking the 18-game losing streak.

North Buncombe 28
Owen 22

Shelby @ Reynolds

Things don't get much easier this week for Reynolds who will still be missing their most explosive player, Max Guest. Shelby has been struggling as of late (for their standards) and Reynolds should get the win.

Reynolds 21
Shelby 13

East Rutherford @ Roberson

Another year, another opening loss to Watauga. This year it was very close but the Rams could only muster 12 points against the Pioneers. Things should be easier this week against East Rutherford.

Roberson 34
East Rutherford 14
Providence Day wins easily although I hope Asheville would win, PD stole one of our key players the last week of July so I’m never pulling for them!

I got to go with Pisgah, but at home Enka might give them a tussle!

I’m not sure I’m sold on Erwin just yet, they are at home so that will help, so I’ll pick Erwin but kinda think Mtn Heritage could win this as Erwin might be living in the past.

Mitchell will handle McDowell, not sure how many wins are on McDowell’s schedule and I hate that for them.

North Buncombe proved they can score and win, but EH has had all sorts of issues this off season, so I’m picking Owen in a tight one.

I don’t know what to expect from my guys this week. Injuries have decimated our team for at least until conference starts. I know of 4 players who won’t see any non conference play including D1 junior TB Max Guest. Our defense is okay played well enough to win last week, offense just sputtered all night just didn’t take advantage of great field position several times. Shelby is very good playing very tough schedule and I know they have athletes everywhere, but I can’t pick against my guys at home so I’ll say we win by a field goal.

TCR win easily, they are good this year, just wait and see.

No picks from any Shelby fans? Come on guys CC is the king of the boards and usually are on every thread!! 🤣🤣🤣

I’ll take a run at it
Providence Day- just a tall ask for a young Asheville team (as well as most teams in the state) I do think Asheville is gonna have a nice year. Just not this week. Hopefully they can come out healthy for the rest of the schedule.

Pisgah- I’m going to go with my bears but would not be surprised to see the Jets hang around a bit. Lots of familiarity between coaches and they seem to always play us sorta tough.

Mountain Heritage- Maybe game of the week in the MAC. Could see this one going either way I know very little about Erwin other than that last week might have been their most impressive defensive effort in sometime. But think it takes more than 7 points to beat MH.

Mitchell- Tough year for McDowell and going into a tough place to get a W

NB- I honestly don’t know but I’ll give the Blackhawks the edge maybe a little boost in morale coming off last weeks win. Owen giving up almost 40 points and a bunch of rushing yards to Enka could be a bad sign about the rushing D. Think NB wins a close one

Reynolds’s- if I wasn’t going to watch my bears this is the game I’m attending in WNC this weekend. Lots of athletes on the field.I know Reynolds has some injuries but I think they find a way to eke out a close game. But Shelby is always dangerous. The plus here for both teams is come playoff time this game experience is Invaluable. And a loss by either side would not be classified as a “bad loss”

TC- My dark horse for 2nd in the Mac this year. Liked what I seen out of them in a scrimmage. (Yes I know it’s just a scrimmage) but I think they are really solid. We won’t find out much about them this week, they get everyone playing time against a ER who is still struggling to rebuild their program.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I also have a gut feeling that TC has a solid team. In years past the Watauga opening game would have been lopsided and this year they almost won on the road.

Rocks from what I understand the player that “PD stole” although he moved to Charlotte came from Asheville originally. So did y’all steal him from Asheville? What about all the kids ACR steals from every school in WNC every year? Like the reciever from Erwin and player from NB? I can’t help but laugh at that statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT