ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Week 7 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Reynolds @ Asheville

This game shouldn't be close but Asheville could rise up and give Reynolds a challenge.

Reynolds 42
Asheville 20

Roberson @ Enka

Another tune-up for the rams. Big games coming up.

Roberson 49
Enka 7

McDowell @ North Buncombe

Can the Titans snatch a win after a bye week? Could be close.

North Buncombe 28
McDowell 20

Erwin- BYE

A.C. Reynolds @ Asheville (ACR-38 AHS-14)

I think ACR has the horses to run away with this one if they can contain Josh Ellis. I also think AHS is able to control clock early in the game and keep it close, but in the end ACR is too much for the Cougars. ACR’s ability to be, probably, 3 to 5 plays away from being undefeated w/o their best player against elite competition is impressive as hell. While they don’t have the elite D-1 talent that they had last year, they are still top of the class in WNC. However, it is a rivalry game, and wild things do tend to happen when these two teams get on the field together. Should the Rockets pull out of downtown Asheville w/ a W on Friday night, I’m hoping the matchup against Roberson will be a fun one in a couple of weeks.

Roberson @ Enka (TCR-56 Enka-14)

Snooze fest. Next please.

McDowell @ N. Buncombe (MCD-14 NB-27)

McDowell continues to baffle me. There has to be dudes in the building walking around that could play who aren’t for a variety of reasons. Blackhawks walk away w/ the win, just because…. Well…. Idk. I’m just guessing.

AC- Reynolds for the reasons stated above by WNC plus Asheville hasn’t/isn’t becoming the team I thought they would this year. Lucky for them overall the MAC is down this year imo.

TC- don’t even know when the TC- AC game is but it’s the only game that’s gonna matter this year in the MAC. JVs play after halftime this week against Enka

NB- has won a couple of non-conference games this year and has the home field. McDowell burnt me when they lost to Avery after I picked them

The MAC continues to play out with two good teams that imo are on a different level than anyone else…two kinda eh teams with Asheville and Erwin…then a big big drop off to the bottom 3. Maybe top heavy but overall I think the weakest MAC in sometime. Other members of the conference may disagree but the MAC really needs Asheville to be good.

Last edited:
Well I’m guessing we will learn a lot about Asheville, TCR, and ACR over the next two weeks. Asheville has the unenviable task of playing ACR this week and TCR next week. The outcome of these games will determine if it’s a two team race or a three team race. As for this week I’m more concerned about Asheville then my fellow posters above because I know this rivalry and the better team doesn’t always win. I also know ACR still isn’t 100% healthy AGAIN this week. With all that being said I’m not going against my team I got ACR 28-20.

TCR in a snoozfest over Enka 49-7 unless TCR is looking ahead to Asheville then I pick them to win 48-7. 🤣

Finally poor McDowell gets its shot at probably their only win as they face North Buncombe. I got NB in this one in a slug fest 3-2.

Erwin should handle Bye this week as they played Asheville tight last week. I’m sure Erwin will spend these two weeks getting some trick plays ready for ACR next week.

Best of luck to all and stay healthy football players!

Well I’m guessing we will learn a lot about Asheville, TCR, and ACR over the next two weeks. Asheville has the unenviable task of playing ACR this week and TCR next week. The outcome of these games will determine if it’s a two team race or a three team race. As for this week I’m more concerned about Asheville then my fellow posters above because I know this rivalry and the better team doesn’t always win. I also know ACR still isn’t 100% healthy AGAIN this week. With all that being said I’m not going against my team I got ACR 28-20.
Any word on when your running back will be available?

TCR in a snoozfest over Enka 49-7 unless TCR is looking ahead to Asheville then I pick them to win 48-7. 🤣

Finally poor McDowell gets its shot at probably their only win as they face North Buncombe. I got NB in this one in a slug fest 3-2.

Erwin should handle Bye this week as they played Asheville tight last week. I’m sure Erwin will spend these two weeks getting some trick plays ready for ACR next week.

Best of luck to all and stay healthy football players!

I think we can give Enka a close game too especially at home. But that's the only 2 chances we have.

Any word on when your running back will be available?
Probably a couple more weeks. If I had to guess I’d say the TCR game. We got Asheville, Erwin then a bye week before TCR. It really just depends on the surgeon releasing him. He’s really itching to get back on the field. We did get our starting LB back last week. It was his first game all year since he broke his jaw in the first scrimmage.

The Asheville/Erwin game last week was concerning. 10 minutes to go in the 4th, tie game and Erwin had the ball. Happy for the win but it sure doesn't bode well against the mighty Rockets. Plus another starter went down and we just don't have quality depth....but no excuses. Let's line up and play!

The Asheville/Erwin game last week was concerning. 10 minutes to go in the 4th, tie game and Erwin had the ball. Happy for the win but it sure doesn't bode well against the mighty Rockets. Plus another starter went down and we just don't have quality depth....but no excuses. Let's line up and play!
I’m thinking Asheville may have been looking past Erwin a little bit.

I’m sorry but ACR should have won by more. We fumbled twice inside the 3 yard line. Overall we didn’t play well, Asheville isn’t that bad just had some defensive lapses that cost them. I believe we were the best team though. Next up for Asheville is TCR, good luck we will be pulling for you guys! 😉

Reactions: Titanman27
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT