ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @ tuscola (3rd year @ tuscola in a row)

Can you read what you posted again? You literally said the receiver slipped past the defense and sat while West ran for his life breaking tackles and throwing a dart down field.. give credit where credit is due.

And unfortunately for yall the last two weeks have been rough. Granted everyone who plays West has had it rough this year. But Tuscola isn't Enka or North Buncombe. Especially in the rivalry game.

And side note.. yall are correct about the fire starting out the game. Previous years I always felt that gave pisgah the edge it seemed to mean more to them in years past

Can you read what you posted again? You literally said the receiver slipped past the defense and sat while West ran for his life breaking tackles and throwing a dart down field.. give credit where credit is due.

And unfortunately for yall the last two weeks have been rough. Granted everyone who plays West has had it rough this year. But Tuscola isn't Enka or North Buncombe. Especially in the rivalry game.

And side note.. yall are correct about the fire starting out the game. Previous years I always felt that gave pisgah the edge it seemed to mean more to them in years past
That was a beautiful play he made out of what almost was a tackle for sure. Glad I was on the sidelines to witness it. And a shoutout also needs to go to #7. Langley . That kid pounded that ball as well.

You’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. Yes, West scrambled and obviously extended the play but the receiver was not open the majority of the play. He was covered completely by both Lowery and the safety ( I forget which one). Lowery stepped in a few steps as West was scrambling. The receiver then moved back about 8-10 steps and settled right behind the safety. If the receiver doesn’t make that heads up play West continues to run for his life, when moments before he had one decent option, throw it out of bounds bc no one was there to help. No diss at West but without that option he’s just running until help comes.

Reactions: 91ths
Guess this means another year of putting up with that b/s from the other side of the county. No one is talking about U-Hauls except you Tuscola fans. See how you do the next two weeks.

• Haha
But really was it an upset? That Charmin non conference schedule builds all the false hope in the world.
On paper, yes it was an upset. Pisgah beat Franklin 35-0, Tuscola (without West)lost 31-14. Only common opponent, and the big difference in records.

Tuscola came to play last night. From watching the Swain and Franklin games, Tuscola has made huge adjustments with their defense. Kudos to Crompton and his staff. The play West made, escaping the tackle and hitting the wide open receiver, was a big time play. He was definitely the best player on the field.

Simmons has the Bears by 24 ,think he's a little low.
Hey old man. You doing okay this morning? Since you only deal in emotion and not fact, let me give you a fact. In your last 2 games, your Bears have had a total of 3 possessions in the second half. That means that your defense that your coach was bragging about and many of your fans were bragging about, cannot stop the run. Total control of the line of scrimmage by both West Henderson and Tuscola. Little ole T ran it right up your nose, kinda like last year. It was interesting watching our tackle from Florida pushing the milltown tough kids backwards most of the night. But don't worry, you will have some kids from Florida on your team in a few more years when the money comes to Canton. Now go ahead and run up the score on East Henderson and then come back on here next week and tell us how good you are.

Hey old man. You doing okay this morning? Since you only deal in emotion and not fact, let me give you a fact. In your last 2 games, your Bears have had a total of 3 possessions in the second half. That means that your defense that your coach was bragging about and many of your fans were bragging about, cannot stop the run. Total control of the line of scrimmage by both West Henderson and Tuscola. Little ole T ran it right up your nose, kinda like last year. It was interesting watching our tackle from Florida pushing the milltown tough kids backwards most of the night. But don't worry, you will have some kids from Florida on your team in a few more years when the money comes to Canton. Now go ahead and run up the score on East Henderson and then come back on here next week and tell us how good you are.
Better luck next year Pisgah!

200.gif

I’m here for my crow couldn’t get an electronic to work at the game. Congratulations to the Mounties. No excuses that was a beat down. Your team wanted it more. Pains me to this bc I’m not a fan of him as a person but great game plan by Crompton and staff. Coached circles around our staff tonight who must have read their press clippings too much. Two teams in a row have beat Pisgah the same way on Defense. Secrets out stop the run with 8 or 9 in the box and defend the fly rout near the sideline. You can vacate the middle of the field, don’t worry we will not even look to throw over your safety in the middle you can bring him to the LOS for run support. Tuscola owned the line of scrimmage and took D notes from WH last week and that was ballgame. Good win Mounties. Also as dead flat as I’ve ever seen a Pisgah team in this game
How does that “crow” taste bearfan4life? Endulge me with one more question. At what point during the game did you realize your beloved Black Bears were just not that good?

Last night, those Mill Town Cubs quit in the second half. Quit on their teammates, quit on the coaching staff and quit on their town! How does that make y’all feel? Like Quitters?

• Haha
Guess this means another year of putting up with that b/s from the other side of the county. No one is talking about U-Hauls except you Tuscola fans. See how you do the next two weeks.
We will address “u-hauls” when your head coach announces he is running from Crompton to take the Hendersonville head coaching job.

Were you at the West game?

I’m just wondering because I would say West’s line play and y’all’s was completely different and not at all what dominated us. Like I say, just wondering because I had a very different take on what West did to dismantle us and that was due to spacing of playmakers not line play.

Y’all played lights out and beat us. West could have an offnight, to a degree, and still beat us. West’s speed in the mountains doesn’t require the line play that y’all do to be successful.

On paper, yes it was an upset. Pisgah beat Franklin 35-0, Tuscola (without West)lost 31-14. Only common opponent, and the big difference in records.

Tuscola came to play last night. From watching the Swain and Franklin games, Tuscola has made huge adjustments with their defense. Kudos to Crompton and his staff. The play West made, escaping the tackle and hitting the wide open receiver, was a big time play. He was definitely the best player on the field.
Now you’re praising Crompton? That’s funny! You talk more bull junk DeWayne!

Now you’re praising Crompton? That’s funny! You talk more bull junk DeWayne!
Dude. You haven't been on here all week. As a Tuscola fan just zip it. And do not call out a kid. Ever. Either on pisgah tuscola any team ever.
The pisgah faithful have been on here for weeks and last night this morning taking all our shots I will give them that.

How does that “crow” taste bearfan4life? Endulge me with one more question. At what point during the game did you realize your beloved Black Bears were just not that good?
Not sure who you even are? But I never realized that, I realized they were very flat early in the game. Lots of walking around and the sideline was not engaged. Tuscola played well as I said but I never felt the game was really over until the play In question. But, you should feel good about your team today, if they sustain playing like that they will continue to succeed. If that was their Super Bowl they will fall back to their norm from this year

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Were you at the West game?

I’m just wondering because I would say West’s line play and y’all’s was completely different and not at all what dominated us. Like I say, just wondering because I had a very different take on what West did to dismantle us and that was due to spacing of playmakers not line play.

Y’all played lights out and beat us. West could have an offnight, to a degree, and still beat us. West’s speed in the mountains doesn’t require the line play that y’all do to be successful.
On offense the two weren’t really that similar. West was much more speed oriented. As Tuscola did a lot of 3-4 yard and a cloud of dust. (Side note- gah i hate bragging on Crompton, but all night the worked the clock-rarely snapped the ball with more than 5 on play clock- that’s good coaching on long drives) We got no push into their backfield all night. Lots of plays we only had one linebacker on the field and i have no clue why. That’s asking the d-line to totally change what they have done all year. All year they have concentrated on eating blocks to keep the linebackers free, last night they needed to beat more blocks and couldn’t do it. On defense Tuscola definitely took notes West they played us the exact same way and so will NH if they have a decent coaching staff. We are allowing our offense to be easy to defend.

You’re a lowlife POS and I hope you get banned for this comment.
Yeah I'm doing O.K looking foreword to the next game unlike you guys.

Reactions: Swo1980
Considering those classless Pisgah fans like to stir up lies and rumors about Tuscola kids (I.e. Jed West) has anyone checked on that arrogant little prick #1? Does he understand when he runs his mouth to the newspaper, ya got to back it up? Thank your head coach for allowing a bulls-eye to be placed on his chest. WOW! Being knocked out on a big boy hit on the opening kickoff has to suck! Like your coach!
That kids was our number one rusher and is a senior .Most likely is done for the season and a ass hole like you thinks that's a good thing. Funny you never showed up until Tuscola won.

• Haha
On offense the two weren’t really that similar. West was much more speed oriented. As Tuscola did a lot of 3-4 yard and a cloud of dust. (Side note- gah i hate bragging on Crompton, but all night the worked the clock-rarely snapped the ball with more than 5 on play clock- that’s good coaching on long drives) We got no push into their backfield all night. Lots of plays we only had one linebacker on the field and i have no clue why. That’s asking the d-line to totally change what they have done all year. All year they have concentrated on eating blocks to keep the linebackers free, last night they needed to beat more blocks and couldn’t do it. On defense Tuscola definitely took notes West they played us the exact same way and so will NH if they have a decent coaching staff. We are allowing our offense to be easy to defend.
Yes, Tuscola ate us a live on line play but West Hendo didn’t like he mentioned. And we were 10 times more physical in the West game but West matched it. I assume since he didn’t reply he wasn’t there. It was just so interesting he was calling out “facts” yet his comments about the West game didn’t appear “factual” at all.

As far as our offense, yes we made the offense easily defensible.

• Haha
Ok guys, I know the rivalry, even know someone who played on one of the teams last night. But I can’t edit every post, so next step will be to lock it.

So I am saying, stop the nonsense.

Just block the one guy who started it all.

I feel like this thread has been pretty classy back and forth all week between us regulars.

Please don't lock it! I've gotta bump this thread to the top for 364 more days!

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980 and 91ths
Ok guys, I know the rivalry, even know someone who played on one of the teams last night. But I can’t edit every post, so next step will be to lock it.

So I am saying, stop the nonsense.
Think your answer is to ban or suspend one person. But you’re the moderator, just saying a lot changed when one person who has not been here till today from the west end of the county showed up. That’s just me I’ll support whatever you decide. Just pretty classless post from one person got people upset. But it reminds me why I’d never pull for that side. I actually thought most people had been congratulatory to Tuscola till he showed up. But when he takes shots on here on kids or a specific kid people aren’t gonna take well to that. Especially talking about him being injured.

Last edited:
Just block the one guy who started it all.

I feel like this thread has been pretty classy back and forth all week between us regulars.

Please don't lock it! I've gotta bump this thread to the top for 364 more days!
Agreed! Most of you have been pretty tolerable. Just always one or two from that side. But hopefully some young guys keep receipts on his comments for next year, it’s good bulletin board material. Congratulations on your win last night. I do look forward to finally getting Tuscola back in Canton next year. Been a long time

• Haha
I'm sure with the new coach next year that place will be rocking and coming up with something new for kick off!

Only thing that could have been better is if that game was in canton. Kinda an insult to injury kinda thing. I will say I heard some pretty salty fans on the way out.

• Haha
Can you please elaborate on what you’re trying to post?
Only thing that could have been better is if that game was in canton. Kinda an insult to injury kinda thing. I will say I heard some pretty salty fans on the way out.
Was that during that Pees-gah mass exodus after Tuscola scored on its first drive in the third quarter. Isn’t it safe to say those Pees-gah fans had little confidence in their HC?

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980 and 91ths
I'm sure with the new coach next year that place will be rocking and coming up with something new for kick off!
That new head coach for Milltown will come from Smoky, who is behind this mysterious “West Boys” investigation originating out of Jackson County. Maybe that is why they left Smoky High! Once a dingbat always a dingbat!

I’ve heard there is an investigation into this Jackson County Investigation that Pees-gah fans incessantly jabber about!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT