ADVERTISEMENT

West Henderson @ Tuscola

If Tuscola can play with the same intensity that they did against Pisgah it will be a competitive game, that was the key against Pisgah, the defense played their best game and played with more emotion than any this season, it's hard to match the intensity and emotion of that game but they'll have to in order to stay in it.
You’re right, your intensity and our lack thereof made that game feel like the two teams were a mile apart. One thing I can almost guarantee you is if you all will bring intensity West will match it and you'll find yourself in a fun, physical game to watch. Their bigger receivers, one being Manuel, really enjoy loading up and punishing smaller cornerbacks with a hit when they get a chance.

I felt we played a good physical game against them, especially in the 2nd half, and they matched us and didn't back down.

Feels like this is a game where Tuscola matches up decently well in. I don’t foresee them stopping West Henderson’s offense though. If Tuscola is going to win, they are going to have to hope for some miscues on offense from the Falcons.

Offensively, the Mountaineers have somewhat found their groove. I think they can put up enough points to be in the game late and have a chance to win. But, ultimately just too much firepower from West Henderson to overcome.

Tuscola has to be kicking themselves for losing to North Henderson, as it likely will cost them 2nd place in the conference and a home playoff game as the other automatic qualifier out of the Mountain 7.
I’d figure Tuscola would be more likely kicking themselves for losing to Franklin. NH is 7-2 and has had a really good season where they are probably just straight up a better team than Tuscola.

I’d figure Tuscola would be more likely kicking themselves for losing to Franklin. NH is 7-2 and has had a really good season where they are probably just straight up a better team than Tuscola.
Probably so. But, wasn’t the QB out for the Franklin game? Regardless they should have beaten Franklin more than likely, even without the QB. I wasn’t at either game, but from what I read Tuscola was in the NH game and leading at one point in the second half and let it slip away after a fourth down conversion was missed. I may be wrong though.

Probably so. But, wasn’t the QB out for the Franklin game? Regardless they should have beaten Franklin more than likely, even without the QB. I wasn’t at either game, but from what I read Tuscola was in the NH game and leading at one point in the second half and let it slip away after a fourth down conversion was missed. I may be wrong though.
No you are not wrong. We had that game. But let it slip as you said.

Reactions: WNC Football 101
Not able to make the game tonight so someone keep those of us that couldn’t get to Waynesville updated please

Is the WLOS score correct of
West Henderson 21
Tuscola 0 in the first quarter?

35-7 West 4th, this one was over in the first quarter, looks like a Peewee team playing a college team, looks like they've just been toying with Tuscola all night.

West is just on a different level than Tuscola but I think Tuscola is still figuring out exactly who they are.

I don’t think they are consistently as good as they showed against Pisgah, simply rode a ton of emotion there and they’re not as bad as many, myself included, thought after the Franklin game. I think this team is somewhere between those two extremes as far as who they really are. JMO

They are a physically impressive looking team. When I think back about our really good Asheville high teams, they were solid at every position. The guy playing safety was a safety, the defensive linemen looked like defensive linemen, the inside linebacker looked like an inside linebacker. It wasn’t a situation where “oh we have John here that is 5 foot 7 153 pounds and we need an outside linebacker”. West Henderson is one of those teams. I’ll be curious to see who they could have coming up the mountain in round 2 because round 1 will be a bye for them

Again, didn’t say they hadn’t seen it. Just stated that they haven’t been tested since week 1 (or 3). Tuscola is not an elite passing offense, but rather a decent one with an above average quarterback and average receivers. Probably the second best passing attack in the Mountain 7 behind West Henderson. West Henderson SHOULD blow them out if they have hopes of competing beyond the second round of the playoffs.

Enjoy your conference championship.
West Henderson manhandled that QB and the Tuscola passing attack. I’m not sure how many times Jed West was sacked but it wouldn’t shock me if it was in the double digits. It was a physically dominating performance by the Falcons. Outside of a busted play on 4th & 20 and a drive that had about 50 yards in penalties, I’m not sure Tuscola did anything on offense:

I didn’t wanna say anything this week but kinda had a feeling that the score would end up in the ball park it did. I hate being nice to Tuscola fans but don’t hang your heads about this one. I’m not sure you should have lost to NH or Franklin but West is a different beast this year. Very possible they are the best public school in the mountains. I would say it’s them and Reynolds. I’d give a field goal win to which ever team got home field after watching them both. Looks like West needs to make this run tho. They will still be solid moving forward but they are losing some guys to graduation after this year. And by some guys I mean some dudes. Good group of athletes for WH.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I didn’t wanna say anything this week but kinda had a feeling that the score would end up in the ball park it did. I hate being nice to Tuscola fans but don’t hang your heads about this one. I’m not sure you should have lost to NH or Franklin but West is a different beast this year. Very possible they are the best public school in the mountains. I would say it’s them and Reynolds. I’d give a field goal win to which ever team got home field after watching them both. Looks like West needs to make this run tho. They will still be solid moving forward but they are losing some guys to graduation after this year. And by some guys I mean some dudes. Good group of athletes for WH.
Definitely losing some elite athletes but don’t sleep on the guys coming up behind them. Outside of a fluke loss to North because they were forced to play Erwin and North in the same week 2 days apart, those JV kids should have been 9-1 even with 4 or 5 of their best sophomores playing up.

Congrats to West Henderson on a dominating win! Hope the Falcons and A.C. Reynolds carry the torch for the mountains deep into the playoffs this year!

West is the real deal this year. Impressive hoe good they are at every position and aspect of the game. Good luck to them going forward!

They are a physically impressive looking team. When I think back about our really good Asheville high teams, they were solid at every position. The guy playing safety was a safety, the defensive linemen looked like defensive linemen, the inside linebacker looked like an inside linebacker. It wasn’t a situation where “oh we have John here that is 5 foot 7 153 pounds and we need an outside linebacker”. West Henderson is one of those teams. I’ll be curious to see who they could have coming up the mountain in round 2 because round 1 will be a bye for them
The 3A bracket doesn't have byes. I don't think even the 1A does anymore.

Definitely losing some elite athletes but don’t sleep on the guys coming up behind them. Outside of a fluke loss to North because they were forced to play Erwin and North in the same week 2 days apart, those JV kids should have been 9-1 even with 4 or 5 of their best sophomores playing up.
Oh I wasn’t knocking any kids coming up or any incoming team. I know they will still be very good. I don’t know if they will be back to back undefeated regular season good. That’s not a knock on them, on special classes like your current senior class It’s just hard to replace some of the guys who have been making plays on the varsity level for a long time. Plus what i noticed the last two years playing WH is this group you all have has gelled so well, that doesn’t always happen. In my opinion they have the ideal scheme in place to let the current guys succeed. Sometimes even good coaches can have a disconnect with teams on what best fits them. Right now all that is dialed in near perfectly for you guys and it’s hard to get it perfect. But, West has established themselves no doubt I look for them to be good for a really long time. But as a conference foe there’s a few last names I’m ready to stop hearing on the PA.When opposing teams that you only play once a year have learned your name and number and have no other ties to you but that one game, it’s a sign your special. I’m not by any means downing what is to come at WH but trust me enjoy this group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT