ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @ tuscola 2021

Agree. Even chapel didn’t like it as he was screaming at the guy when he thought it was onthem. His words were “ You dont make a call like that at this point in the game”
Man... you must have really good hearing to hear him say that all the way across the field.... I have no doubt he said it but ... You should be able to hear an ant pass gas 100 yards away to have that. Right? It was pretty loud Friday night..

Man... you must have really good hearing to hear him say that all the way across the field.... I have no doubt he said it but ... You should be able to hear an ant pass gas 100 yards away to have that. Right? It was pretty loud Friday night..
Not when I was less than 10 feet behind him. But as previously mentioned it was a hell of a game. It was good to see both teams had that fighting spirit. I hope we can finish up first and second in conference and have a Haywood county sweep. We have another big game coming this Friday at smoky and then have West.

I had a great time last night. Tuscola has a beautiful field and the view of the mountains in the background is awesome. I thought at halftime I would be watching Tuscola break the 8 game losing streak and would have a front row seat to see how Pisgah handled defeat. Down 20-7 it was looking bleak. Tuscola pretty much dominated on defense that first half. Then Pisgah scored to get it a one score game and I got to experience the electric atmosphere of this rivalry. With Tuscola down 20-21 and attempting a 49 yard field goal with less than 30 seconds to go I was kinda hoping to see the kicker get it off. Could he make one from 49?? It was going to be a great ending for someone either way. Pisgah got the block and here we are. If you have never seen this rivalry before you should plan to do so. It's worth it! I drove 6-1/2 hours to see this. Stood in the line to get in for an hour and then sat in the stands for 3 hours for kickoff. This is what the hard core Pisgah fans do at Tuscola to get a good seat for the game. It was an interesting take on a great rivalry. It has to be the best in this State!
Thanks BigBear-10 and Pisgahbear9975. I had a great time and plan to come back
Agree Otis, I thought Richmond/Scotland back in the late 80's was the best in NC until I had the pleasure of going to Canton for my first PvsT game.....made the mistake of thinking I could get there 30 minutes before game time to sit on the Tuscola side, like most HS games I had been to in Eastern NC, how wrong was I. I showed up with the wife and two young kids and the Tuscola side was packed as you can image. Thankfully some very nice folks in the stands saw us looking for seats when there was none and they made room for us that night. From that night on, I got to Canton when the gates opened around 5-5:30 and got me a top row seat. Just curious where you drove from, I'm down in the Wilmington area now and it takes us 5:30 to 6 hours to drive up usually depending on traffic.

Reactions: tyreeseram
Please do come back and watch next year when it's at our house! Love all the out of town TRUE FOOTBALL FANS like yourself who would travel such a great distance to watch this go down....but I'm tickled it was worth it friend!
I want to join in next year. Love some Canton Pisgah due to some friends of my dad who were in a Bluegrass band for almost four decades. Would love to see this game

Agree Otis, I thought Richmond/Scotland back in the late 80's was the best in NC until I had the pleasure of going to Canton for my first PvsT game.....made the mistake of thinking I could get there 30 minutes before game time to sit on the Tuscola side, like most HS games I had been to in Eastern NC, how wrong was I. I showed up with the wife and two young kids and the Tuscola side was packed as you can image. Thankfully some very nice folks in the stands saw us looking for seats when there was none and they made room for us that night. From that night on, I got to Canton when the gates opened around 5-5:30 and got me a top row seat. Just curious where you drove from, I'm down in the Wilmington area now and it takes us 5:30 to 6 hours to drive up usually depending on traffic.
I live in Vanceboro and it took about 6-1/2 hours. I'm pretty sure I'm going back next year to see this rivalry in Canton. Losing 8 years in a row may have had some effect on this game. The Tuscola side was not completely full. I asked what they thought the crowd was and I was told maybe 12000. Lol 400-500 would be a good crowd for us. I got at the stadium at 3:30 and got back to the hotel around 11:00 so this old guy was wore out. I just got back home.

Not when I was less than 10 feet behind him. But as previously mentioned it was a hell of a game. It was good to see both teams had that fighting spirit. I hope we can finish up first and second in conference and have a Haywood county sweep. We have another big game coming this Friday at smoky and then have

Not when I was less than 10 feet behind him. But as previously mentioned it was a hell of a game. It was good to see both teams had that fighting spirit. I hope we can finish up first and second in conference and have a Haywood county sweep. We have another big game coming this Friday at smoky and then have West.
I see..wasn't you that got kicked off

At 22:40 is the helmet to helmet hit call. Form your on opinion.
One play didn't lose the game. What about the decision to kick a fg and not going for it on a free possession at the beginning of the game? A ball tuscola at like the 10 yard line. What about not making sure you put a hat on Pisgah's #13 so he doesn't block two fg's? But let's not talk about that, it's all the refs fault.

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
Didn’t blame anyone on the loss as a matter of fact I gave the bears kudos in an earlier post. If anyone is to blame it’s the old ball coach’s fault. As usual you try and making something out of nothing . Maybe try to be less sensitive every once in a while!

Reactions: 91ths
He’s not being sensitive. You have now eluded to this call about 3 or 4 times meaning you really think this cost Tuscola the game. Then claimed over and over you don’t think it did. Just say it cost you the game and stop beating around the bush, it’s your opinion. The reality is with the injuries Pisgah had and having home field advantage your team should have never been in a situation where you felt a single call could make the difference. Your coach tried to sit on a lead and he finally lost momentum, it cost your team the game that they should have won against a team that barely has any starters left.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
Bear fan I have alluded to it twice but it doesn’t matter you can now read minds! If you take the time to read without your rose Colored glasses you would know where I put the blame ! Injuries/home field advantage I’m sure it affected the bears but it’s Tuscola/Pisgah Throw it out the window. Bottom line is you can’t tell me what to say or to stop anything! I apologize to big bear-10 though he is clearly not as sensitive as Some !

Bear fan I have alluded to it twice but it doesn’t matter you can now read minds! If you take the time to read without your rose Colored glasses you would know where I put the blame ! Injuries/home field advantage I’m sure it affected the bears but it’s Tuscola/Pisgah Throw it out the window. Bottom line is you can’t tell me what to say or to stop anything! I apologize to big bear-10 though he is clearly not as sensitive as Some !
I’m sorry you got called out, you keep talking about the same call and seem real defensive someone called you on it. But im sure you just wanted to call attention to it for no reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT