ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Lets Hear It ! !

Because a kid in a DIFFERENT district can just go to another district. Do you think that is normal?

My cousin lives in Waynesville. He is in the Tuscola district and his kids WILL HAVE to go to Tuscola. He isn't happy about it.

It's not a simple matter. We had to get school board approval. A kid in HD district can come to Murphy to play football. I'm not sure on the going to HD and being on Murphy football team. Someone said it was a possibility but they weren't administrators so I really don't know. We didn't pursue that.

Thats beside the point.
Point is you can live in the HD district and play football for murphy.
Yes but u have to attend Murphy High School! If you move before 9th grade then there is no penalty, but after the 365 rule kicks in unless you physically move to their district. It happened in girls basketball. One girl moved and got to play the upcoming season the other didn’t and had to sit out! Hunter Shope lived in the HD district but was at Murphy before 9th and his sister went to HD.

So can Andrews kids just go to murphy also.?

Sounds like open enrollment county

A kid can go anywhere as long as the rules are followed! A kid from Hayesville can go to Robbinsville. If they move eligibility is instant if no move 365 rule applies!

Last edited:
TRANSFER POLICY: After initial entry into the ninth grade, and absent a bona fide move as provided in the Residence section in this Handbook: (a) a student transferring from one member school to another member school within the same LEA must sit out 365 days for athletic participation.
eligibility - nchsaa

My cousin lives in Waynesville. He is in the Tuscola district and his kids WILL HAVE to go to Tuscola. He isn't happy about it.

I believe most counties with more than one school, including Haywood, have a policy allowing out-of-district transfers. Some like Forsyth are purely open enrollment, while others have to have the transfer approved by the Board of Education (which I believe is the case in Haywood). BUT, if you don't get it done by the start of 9th grade, then you have to sit out in sports.

A kid can go anywhere as long as the rules are followed! A kid from Hayesville can go to Robbinsville. If they move eligibility is instant if no move 365 rule applies!

Oh really? So a Hayesville kid can go to Robbinsville but live in Hayesville as long as its before the 9th grade?

Guys, don't hate on Murphy just because we know the rules. Somebody has to represent the west.

Thats funny.
You hadnt been around very long.
I guess the big difference BK is that Hiwassee Dam doesn't have football. I can see the fairness in letting a kid enroll at Andrews or Murphy so that they can play; after all, it is supposed to be about the kids. If I lived in HD school district and my kid had a chance to be a successful football player, or just really wanted to play .... I would probably send them to one of the other two schools. It's easier to take your kid to another school for a few years than it is to sell your home and move somewhere you may not want to live.

Oh really? So a Hayesville kid can go to Robbinsville but live in Hayesville as long as its before the 9th grade?
That isn’t even remotely close to what I said!

(A kid can go anywhere as long as the rules are followed! A kid from Hayesville can go to Robbinsville. If they move eligibility is instant if no move 365 rule applies!)

Attention Robbinsville Fans...
Stop talking about transfer rules and how schools get an advantage by doing it..
You could be eating crow...very very very soon.

Attention Robbinsville Fans...
Stop talking about transfer rules and how schools get an advantage by doing it..
You could be eating crow...very very very soon.
This post gets my attention quick. Lol tell us, who are you expecting to transfer to robbinsville? Someone from inside the conference? Swain?

Knight fans---keep your mouth shut.
Lol that’s funny. Like a post on a message board would derail a potential transfer. I am the foreigner who moved into the area and these kind of post crack me up. Got to love the SMC. Everything a big secret lol

Now you've marked yourself!! You want get much information from anyone on here by admitting your a foreigner!!! We mountain folk fight and feud but we still SMC Brothers

Reactions: BK13T-$
Now you've marked yourself!! You want get much information from anyone on here by admitting your a foreigner!!! We mountain folk fight and feud but we still SMC Brothers
I am not going to lie. I didn’t grow up around the area but have been involved with HS sports through my years. I do enjoy SMC sports and try to catch some of the better teams across the conference in their sport. I love the passion but do get tickled with the secret handshake stuff. Not hard to see but you think the knights are getting a quarterback from somewhere. Everyone knows you have solid backs and a experienced line but need a quarterback.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I am not going to lie. I didn’t grow up around the area but have been involved with HS sports through my years. I do enjoy SMC sports and try to catch some of the better teams across the conference in their sport. I love the passion but do get tickled with the secret handshake stuff. Not hard to see but you think the knights are getting a quarterback from somewhere. Everyone knows you have solid backs and a experienced line but need a quarterback.
Things are not always what they seem..anyways welcome to the SMC sitout.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and SitOut
I guess the big difference BK is that Hiwassee Dam doesn't have football. I can see the fairness in letting a kid enroll at Andrews or Murphy so that they can play; after all, it is supposed to be about the kids. If I lived in HD school district and my kid had a chance to be a successful football player, or just really wanted to play .... I would probably send them to one of the other two schools. It's easier to take your kid to another school for a few years than it is to sell your home and move somewhere you may not want to live.

It's not just sports. While most SMC counties have 3 or 4 schools, Cherokee County has over a dozen. There's so many schools not all the classes/programs/clubs/sports can be offered in every place, so kids are free to pick which school they want to attend before high school. Principals can refuse transfers if the kid's a punk or the school is overcrowded I think.

More advantages we don't have a part in. That's the way we like it. If we win it you know it's not because of any advantage.

1. Tarboro
2. Murphy
3. East Surry
4. Mitchell
5. Holmes
6. Robbinsville
7. North Stanly
8. Mount Airy
9. Swain County
10. Pamlico County
11. Thomas Jefferson
12. Rosewood
13. Starmount
14. North Rowan
15. Riverside
16. Mountain Island Charter
17. Gates County
18. Polk County
19. Princeton
20. East Wilkes
21. Granville Central
22. South Stanly
23. Allegheny
24. Bessemer City
25. Cherokee

HM: Elkin, Cherryville, Community School of Davidson, Bishop McGuinness, Washington County, Albemarle, Rosman, Avery County, Hayesville, Andrews

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
1. Tarboro
2. Murphy
3. East Surry
4. Mitchell
5. Holmes
6. Robbinsville
7. North Stanly
8. Mount Airy
9. Swain County
10. Pamlico County
11. Thomas Jefferson
12. Rosewood
13. Starmount
14. North Rowan
15. Riverside
17. Gates County
18. Polk County
19. Princeton
20. East Wilkes
21. Granville Central
22. South Stanly
23. Allegheny
24. Bessemer City
25. Elkin

HM: Cherryville, Community School of Davidson, Bishop McGuinness, Albemarle, Rosman

Andrews and Hayesville should be better than Rosman. My opinion.

Reactions: MHHS_12
Andrews and Hayesville should be better than Rosman. My opinion.
You may be right, but doesn’t Rosman have their old coach coming back? Just a guess, I think they were better off under him than they were under Stack, I also just remembered to put Cherokee in the top 25 I know they lost their coach and star receiver but I’d say they still stand a chance with most of the teams from 10 down.

1. Tarboro
2. Murphy
3. East Surry
4. Mitchell
5. Holmes
6. Robbinsville
7. North Stanly
8. Mount Airy
9. Swain County
10. Pamlico County
11. Thomas Jefferson
12. Rosewood
13. Starmount
14. North Rowan
15. Riverside
17. Gates County
18. Polk County
19. Princeton
20. East Wilkes
21. Granville Central
22. South Stanly
23. Allegheny
24. Bessemer City
25. Cherokee

HM: Elkin, Cherryville, Community School of Davidson, Bishop McGuinness, Albemarle, Rosman, Avery County
Prediction looks good !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT