3. Robbinsville
4. Mitchell
5. Swain
6. Murphy
7. Holmes
8. MICS
9. Pamlico County
10. Mt. Airy
I didn't get to see Robbinsville last year, but most Murphy fans have said that Mitchell was better last year, and return more.
I would have
1 Tarboro
2a East Surry
2b Mitchell
4 Murphy
5 Robbinsville
6 Holmes
7 Northampton
8 Mount Airy
9 Swain
10 Starmount

I think Northampton will come out of East this year over Pamlico, and Starmount will look more like their old selves. Murphy will have some early growing pains, but will be right in the mix later in the season. I heard good things about Swain for Heritage fans.

Reactions: Swaindad40

Gentle Knight

Jul 23, 2018
I didn't get to see Robbinsville last year, but most Murphy fans have said that Mitchell was better last year, and return more.
I would have
1 Tarboro
2a East Surry
2b Mitchell
4 Murphy
5 Robbinsville
6 Holmes
7 Northampton
8 Mount Airy
9 Swain
10 Starmount

I think Northampton will come out of East this year over Pamlico, and Starmount will look more like their old selves. Murphy will have some early growing pains, but will be right in the mix later in the season. I heard good things about Swain for Heritage fans.
Robbinsville lost 4 starters and a kicker off last years team. This years kicker is better.

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
Robbinsville lost 4 starters and a kicker off last years team. This years kicker is better.
Not trying to discredit the Knights, or be a homer for Mitchell (which I am), I just see Mitchell being the better team. Whether or not they can win at crunch time will be determined. I would gladly welcome the Knights back to Ledger. That was a fun game 2 years ago, the fans were class acts and the players showed top shelf sportsmanship.

Reactions: Gentle Knight

Gentle Knight

Jul 23, 2018
I think the SMC is tired of traveling to Ledger.!! Mitchell needs to experience the Big Oaks or The Hill...its a different ballgame .

Reactions: Gps62

Mavrick69

Feb 25, 2018
Burnsville NC
I think the SMC is tired of traveling to Ledger.!! Mitchell needs to experience the Big Oaks or The Hill...its a different ballgame .
I may be wrong, but did Mitchell not play at Murphy a few years back in the playoffs.I would like to watch a game at Swain Robbinsville and Murphy..the only 2 SMC schools I've been to are Cherokee used to go with one of my friends to watch Mitchell play there back in the 80s ,and I played a game my junior year at Rosman I belive that was in 1982 they had some big rough boys...

Reactions: Wildcat10fan

Mavrick69

Feb 25, 2018
Burnsville NC
Rosman wasn't in the SMC back then.
Thanks for that information .All I know is Rosman was one of the best teams we played in that 1982 season.way back then Mountain Heritage player in 3a conference .we had some good athletes but none of us lifted weights or had any off season workouts .the only thing us juniors cared about was chasing women and causing trouble ,but the seniors were all business ,but they did tolerate us idiots .Going to High school and living in the 80s was the best time of my life..

Reactions: BK13T-$

Latest posts