ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment - My proposed conferences

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
I am taking a stab at what the conferences could look like for 2025-2029. I tried to use no more than 3 classifications in split leagues. Also tried to get 6 football schools in each league, but it didn't always happen. I did 58 schools in 8A-2A and 38 in 1A, including public schools opening in 2025 and 2026. Allows for schools 306 and smaller to have their own championships except in football (2A/1A combined.)

I know not everyone will agree on these, but wanted to know what you think (feedback please).

Reactions: tigertown21
Brian, I didn’t see Uwharrie Charter in your conference listings. Did I miss something?

I don’t see conference 7 happening. CMS won’t want to combine with Iredell and Mooresville again.

I think you’ll likely see the GM4 stay the same (added 1) just as a split

I am pretty sure the new realignment is going with a 32 team for the 8a division and then subdividing after that. Not sure how that will effect your outcomes

Hearing that the Big 32 will have 24-28 teams make the playoffs and would like to see conferences of 6 ????

I am taking a stab at what the conferences could look like for 2025-2029. I tried to use no more than 3 classifications in split leagues. Also tried to get 6 football schools in each league, but it didn't always happen. I did 58 schools in 8A-2A and 38 in 1A, including public schools opening in 2025 and 2026. Allows for schools 306 and smaller to have their own championships except in football (2A/1A combined.)

I know not everyone will agree on these, but wanted to know what you think (feedback please).

I do not think Wilson Mills will be open by 2025. If it does, it will drop Corinth Holders to 7A.
The same with Felton Grove. It is being built to alleviate the over crowding of Apex Friendship and Apex which will lower them possibly to the 7A level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT