ADVERTISEMENT

NW 3/4A

• Statesville by at least 2 TD this game could be close at first but Statesville will run away with it late
  • Hickory - Sorry @beamer24.... But good thing you are Panther Faithful props to ya! I think the Panthers will fight with them and not give up and will not make it easy for the Tornadoes but I see it going HKY way by 3 TD... Overall the Panthers Offense and Defense better come ready tomorrow night in Lower Creek.
  • ASHE wins
  • Watauga by 7
  • South Caldwell - gets a nice win to start the season ( both teams are ugly though )
  • Bunker Hill - starts off to a slow start early but I'll take them to win by 2 TD ( If this game was played later in the season I would possibly go with the Patriots here ). Two GREAT Coaches will be battling it out under the lights up in Morganton tomorrow night. Should be a good game to attend in that area if anyone is looking for a game worth going to watch. Freedom should be a lot more improved this season under the new coach... They'll be a lot of changes from them for sure

• Statesville by at least 2 TD this game could be close at first but Statesville will run away with it late
  • Hickory - Sorry @beamer24.... But good thing you are Panther Faithful props to ya! I think the Panthers will fight with them and not give up and will not make it easy for the Tornadoes but I see it going HKY way by 3 TD... Overall the Panthers Offense and Defense better come ready tomorrow night in Lower Creek.
  • ASHE wins
  • Watauga by 7
  • South Caldwell - gets a nice win to start the season ( both teams are ugly though )
  • Bunker Hill - starts off to a slow start early but I'll take them to win by 2 TD ( If this game was played later in the season I would possibly go with the Patriots here ). Two GREAT Coaches will be battling it out under the lights up in Morganton tomorrow night. Should be a good game to attend in that area if anyone is looking for a game worth going to watch. Freedom should be a lot more improved this season under the new coach... They'll be a lot of changes from them for sure
I'm a Homer I'd pick us against Providence Day lol

I'm a Homer I'd pick us against Providence Day lol
I understand that I'm a alumni of East Burke.. But this week they are getting stomped lol no hope this week lol hopefully the team will learn and get better from this one. It's going to be another struggling season I believe. I hate to say it but CVAC is a tough conference for us to compete in last place could come down to us and West Caldwell I hope they prove me wrong but I don't see it happening. We are big on the line but we are known for that. Our RB's aren't bad they are small but they both can run the ball. Caden Buff just needs to stay injury free this year he has trouble with that but if breaks lose he is tough to catch and he runs the ball pretty hard. EB will miss Jacob Dellinger though. I hope we can pull out a few wins this year or even an upset. Going to be tough though.

Last edited:
Week 1:
Statesville vs Alexander
Hickory vs Hibriten
Ashe vs Wilkes Central
Watauga vs TC Roberson
South Caldwell vs West Caldwell
Freedom vs Bunker Hill

Statesville by 2 TDs. AC is tough, but I think Statesville is the better team.

Hickory High by as many as they want. I think Hibriten has been down on athletes these past few years. No changes in the game plans to play to the strengths of the players, just keep running the Triple Option, even when you don't have the players for it. -- As a Hickory alumnus, I don't really mind, but I pull for my home team (Hickory)and where my sons went to high school(Hibriten)( I can be an HHS fan and an HHS fan!) I still live in Lenoir and don't plan on moving!

Ashe over Wilkes Central, they are well coached and always show up.

Watauga is Watauga.

South over West, I hope I'm wrong, but I think West has an administrative problem at the school, 3 coaches in 3 years....

Bunker Hill over Freedom. This one could be an upset, but I don't think so, I think BH takes it.

The Mighty AC Cooters have a fancy new turf field, problem is the other teams are gonna be that much faster....but watchout AC is always tough and are favored to win their county championship again this year!
Is the AC JV team still undefeated? I guess the AC poster doesnt post anymore but that was the feather in their cap.

Is the AC JV team still undefeated? I guess the AC poster doesnt post anymore but that was the feather in their cap.
nah that streak dropped a few years back.....yeah he was proud of that yet it never translated into varsity success. There Varsity roster looks very young lots of Soph. Jrs.....

ETA, I hope they lose every game.

• Haha
Reactions: Titanman27
AC has had loaded middle school teams the past few years half those kids must quit cause if not they'd have 100 kids out for football.

Reactions: daletec
Patriots got a TD after recovering a bear fumble inside the five, then Bunker Hill returned the kickoff 99 yards and got the 2 point conversion.
Sounds like a really good game. I knew it was going to be a thriller a long the Catawba River. I started to come up there and watch that game. Should have lol

Reactions: FreedomAlum
On a 3rd and long BH catches FHS in a blitz and goes for a 50+ yard touchdown pass. Next possession Freedom tries to pick up a fourth and short inside their own 30, fails, and BH scores to go ahead 35-28. 3 minutes left in the game.

• Wow
Reactions: beamer24
I think South is using multiple QB's so I don't know how their passing game will be. They do have some height at Receiver and Tight End.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
How does South Caldwell look this year? I can’t look at that WC game they played and gage anything on that. I’d be curious if they’ve caught up with West Caldwell in the overall series since the 70s with all those wins against West since the mid 2000s and on

How does South Caldwell look this year? I can’t look at that WC game they played and gage anything on that. I’d be curious if they’ve caught up with West Caldwell in the overall series since the 70s with all those wins against West since the mid 2000s and on
From what I've heard not too good but there non conference schedule isn't much to go off of. They play 4 2a schools.

You think South Caldwell can throw the ball as well as yall did? They either can’t or didn’t have to against West.
I honestly don't know much about South Caldwell but they have never been a team that airs it out. They will probably be better up front than McDowell was but I was impressed with the RS Central QB, RB and WR.

I'm assuming since there was big youth event scheduled tonight that all the football teams were invited too and Monday is a holiday they agreed to cancel it.
From what I was told both ADs didn't want to do it tonight. Not sure if this morning was an option. And with hibriten having sp and huss has providence Friday I don't think tuesday was an option.

Week 3
Hibriten vs West Caldwell
Watauga vs Maiden
Ashe vs West Wilkes
South Caldwell vs North Surry
Freedom vs Forestview
Alexander Central vs North Iredell

I'll take
Hibriten
Watauga
Ashe
South Caldwell
Freedom
Alexander Central

Not sure on South and Freedom games.

Getting a win over Forestview would be a good test of how much of an improvement Adkins has made in the Freedom program thus far. The past two seasons the Patriots let potential wins over the Jags get away. If he can go down there and get the win, it will be a sure sign that Freedom is headed in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT