ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

They might not have another 32. I don't know their roster. Why forfeit at you weight just to wrestle a harder match for the fans? Reese didn't walk out against Nowell in the Avery and Robbinsville dual for the same reason. Stud on Stud doesn't make much since in a dual most of the time.
Robbinsville was different. Uwharrie had a lot kids. Hernandez beat Shell before. Uwharrie gave up a pin at 138.Bentley and Reece both weigh in at 126.
If Hernandez would of won and you still get 6 at 132 the score would of been 33-33

Last edited:
Name the last transfer robbinsville got in HS.
This one year doesn't make us UA.

The probability of a backup pinning a kid is very low. Not a risk you take with the match starting at 138 especially. Now if the match had started at 145 and if the coach knew what we know after the fact, than you might try a Hail Mary play.

Reactions: Appvol
Here's another reason I like dual better than individual. Seems like eastern teams have an easier road for individuals. A good team in the east has no problem sending 10 kids. A west team has a tough road to send 10 unless maybe Avery. At the end of the day the teams with the he most wrestlers at the tournament has a good chance.
Robbinsville sent 7 last year. Probably be about 7 again this year.

Seems like some good western kids may not make it while eastern kids that might not be as good will make it.

@BK13T-$ man I’m sad. Zack Vance isn’t wrestling at regionals. He tore his ACL during football. That’s why he didn’t wrestle at the beginning of the year. He basically been wrestling on 1 leg. Guess it was just to much. Really good kid that started Avery 3 peat when he beat Uwharrie HWT on the 1st championship.

@BK13T-$ man I’m sad. Zack Vance isn’t wrestling at regionals. He tore his ACL during football. That’s why he didn’t wrestle at the beginning of the year. He basically been wrestling on 1 leg. Guess it was just to much. Really good kid that started Avery 3 peat when he beat Uwharrie HWT on the 1st championship.
AppVol I sure hate it for that young man. I was never the success he was on the mat, but my state championship ended on an injury. I truly hate that for him and wish there was something we could do.

He sure had a lot to look back on and be really proud of. It might not have ended the way he wanted it to, but sounds like he sure accomplished an awful lot.

So I have a question.
I'm being told that's it's illegal for an opposing team to record all your matches. It's that true? A lady from one team has supposedly recorded all of Robbinsville matches. If it's illegal and true I have lost all respect for this team.
I will no longer pull for them.

Robbinsville is leading in points as of a few minutes ago.

Go Knights
Go Swain
Win or lose with pride and teach the kids sportsmanship even when you lose on the scoreboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl
So I have a question.
I'm being told that's it's illegal for an opposing team to record all your matches. It's that true? A lady from one team has supposedly recorded all of Robbinsville matches. If it's illegal and true I have lost all respect for this team.
I will no longer pull for them.

Robbinsville is leading in points as of a few minutes ago.

Go Knights
Go Swain
Win or lose with pride and teach the kids sportsmanship even when you lose on the scoreboard.
Have no clue BK. If it’s on the NFSH network you can back watch can’t you. On Flowrestling you can watch old matches.People record sports stuff like crazy now. BK you guys may win the individual tournament points at states. You guys have really good tournament team.

How could we possibly win? I don't count out like robbinsville ever but it will be tough. Robbinsville did win the finals yesterday by 2 points.
Avery will have 11 kids getting points.
Robbinsville will have 9.
Lottery charter will probably have 11 or more wrestling because they are in the east. Also the charter and Robbinsville are good at the same weights which should help Avery. I do think Robbinsville could win the most individual championships.

Good luck to the west traditional schools.

How could we possibly win? I don't count out like robbinsville ever but it will be tough. Robbinsville did win the finals yesterday by 2 points.
Avery will have 11 kids getting points.
Robbinsville will have 9.
Lottery charter will probably have 11 or more wrestling because they are in the east. Also the charter and Robbinsville are good at the same weights which should help Avery. I do think Robbinsville could win the most individual championships.

Good luck to the west traditional schools.
A lot of your kids will bonus point through the state tournament. I think you win 106,126,182,195,and 220. Your HWT will have a good chance to make the finals. 126 and 220 have me thinking little. Tortual is a returning state champ. The 220 Uwharrie Marion didn’t look to bad during the Dual. Wonder if wrestled for Uwharrie last year.

Last edited:
Well we won those weights last year and didn't come close to Avery.

Well we won those weights last year and didn't come close to Avery.
You won’t like it but to win the tournament Robbinsville needs uwharrie to win 160 and 170 or at least win the semi final against Avery. With Avery dropping a few matches Saturday, Robbinsville will have a shot if a couple other schools step up. Avery will have some tuff semi finals matches to get a repeat of 10 in the finals.

You won’t like it but to win the tournament Robbinsville needs uwharrie to win 160 and 170 or at least win the semi final against Avery. With Avery dropping a few matches Saturday, Robbinsville will have a shot if a couple other schools step up. Avery will have some tuff semi finals matches to get a repeat of 10 in the finals.
Exactly what I was thinking. The 160 and 170 will have to beat kids that already beat them this year to get to the finals. Don’t think Avery will put 10 in the finals this year.Avery 126 will have to beat a returning state champ to get to the finals to face Nowell again.

Exactly what I was thinking. The 160 and 170 will have to beat kids that already beat them this year to get to the finals. Don’t think Avery will put 10 in the finals this year.Avery 126 will have to beat a returning state champ to get to the finals to face Nowell again.
Yeah no team is deep enough to beat Avery head to head but if the semis go bad this year for them Robbinsville has a shot. They have the most weight classes on lockdown.
Robbinsville needs a war between Avery, Mt. Airy, rosewood, and uwharrie over those middle weights. I can see Robbinsville pushing 8 into the finals and winning 5.

Yeah no team is deep enough to beat Avery head to head but if the semis go bad this year for them Robbinsville has a shot. They have the most weight classes on lockdown.
Robbinsville needs a war between Avery, Mt. Airy, rosewood, and uwharrie over those middle weights. I can see Robbinsville pushing 8 into the finals and winning 5.
What weights do you have shot for finals. I was thinking 106,126,182,195,220, and Hwt.

Individual team tournament is what you guys like?
I'll never figure that out.
Robbinsville ran through uA on n the J.Orr tournament. Avery won over UA in duals.
Now UA could win state over Robbinsville and Avery. A big part of that is because they are in the east.
UA 13
Avery 11
Robbinsville 09.

Individual team tournament is what you guys like?
I'll never figure that out.
Robbinsville ran through uA on n the J.Orr tournament. Avery won over UA in duals.
Now UA could win state over Robbinsville and Avery. A big part of that is because they are in the east.
UA 13
Avery 11
Robbinsville 09.
BK it’s 2 totally different things. BK the brackets are out for states on Trackwrestling. @SitOut might agree with me. I see Uwharrie getting 1 kid in the finals for sure. That’s 132. 160, 170 and 220 for Uwharrie will have tuff matches to get to the finals. Your 138 has a chance if look at the brackets and 145 to get to the finals. It’s just means that you guys are the tournament champions for states if you all have a good tournament.

BK it’s 2 totally different things. BK the brackets are out for states on Trackwrestling. @SitOut might agree with me. I see Uwharrie getting 1 kid in the finals for sure. That’s 132. 160, 170 and 220 for Uwharrie will have tuff matches to get to the finals. Your 138 has a chance if look at the brackets and 145 to get to the finals. It’s just means that you guys are the tournament champions for states if you all have a good tournament.
UCA, Avery, Robbinsville and Rosewood all have some key head to head matchups in the semis. Advancement to the finals is key, but there will be lots of points scored in the consolations also and UCA with 13 can make some noise. There are some other kids from MA, Swain, Rosewood and a few other schools that will have a say in the semis or finals also. I still think Avery wins it, but RV and UCA will be challenging.

I prefer the individual tournament. It gives you a better idea on who has the best wrestlers. There is no sliding or bumping away and the best have to wrestle each other. You get better matches.

Duals on the other hand can be greatly affected by all the moving. Also, the flip and starting weight has a major effect on it. Let’s just take a quick look at the Avery and Robbinsville dual. Avery won the flip and controlled the 26/32 matches. It also started at 106 which benefitted Avery more. I still think Avery had the better dual team but let's say Robbinsville won the flip and the dual started at 182. Avery could have been in a major hole 22 to 3 after 106 and the crowd would have been going crazy. Robbinsville now gets Nowell on Reese and Phillips on Bentley. Both matches now being won by Robbinsville or at least a 6 – 3 split instead of 4-4. Robbinsville would still need to flip another match to win but this way I have the dual 34-31 Avery all from just the flip and starting weight.

Reactions: Wow71
I went through the brackets. Robbinsville has to like their chances. A lot of head-to-head for Avery and UCA. Looks good for them at 106, 26, 82, 95, 220 the semi round. 38, 45, HWT all have winnable matches.

Avery has tuff semis at 26, 45, 52, 60, and 70. I don't think they get all these in like last year.

Here is my State Champ picks...

106 – Robbinsville
113 – Avery
120 – South Davidson
126 – Robbinsville
132 – UCA
138 – Avery
145 – Toss Up - Lean Avery
152 – Mt. Airy
160 – UCA
170 – Mt. Airy
182 – Robbinsville
195 – Robbinsville
220 – Robbinsville
HWT – Avery

Here is my State Champ picks...

106 – Robbinsville
113 – Avery
120 – South Davidson
126 – Robbinsville
132 – UCA
138 – Avery
145 – Toss Up - Lean Avery
152 – Mt. Airy
160 – UCA
170 – Mt. Airy
182 – Robbinsville
195 – Robbinsville
220 – Robbinsville
HWT – Avery
The 126 final might be the best in 1a if the 2 state champions take care of business. Remember Avery 152 beat the Mt Airy kid at state duals 4-1. Should be some good Semi matches

Reactions: RealStihl and Wow71
I prefer the individual tournament. It gives you a better idea on who has the best wrestlers. There is no sliding or bumping away and the best have to wrestle each other. You get better matches.

Duals on the other hand can be greatly affected by all the moving. Also, the flip and starting weight has a major effect on it. Let’s just take a quick look at the Avery and Robbinsville dual. Avery won the flip and controlled the 26/32 matches. It also started at 106 which benefitted Avery more. I still think Avery had the better dual team but let's say Robbinsville won the flip and the dual started at 182. Avery could have been in a major hole 22 to 3 after 106 and the crowd would have been going crazy. Robbinsville now gets Nowell on Reese and Phillips on Bentley. Both matches now being won by Robbinsville or at least a 6 – 3 split instead of 4-4. Robbinsville would still need to flip another match to win but this way I have the dual 34-31 Avery all from just the flip and starting weight.
State Finals start at 182 this year. Looking forward to seeing the big guys get some action early and in front of a full crowd. Losing the toss and drawing a bad starting spot can put a match away quickly.

UCA is terrible. 13 qualified and 9 got beat the first round. Avery running away with it.
I’m really surprised Avery Freshman at 220 won after Vance got beat 4-0 by the Uwharrie 220. That just shows how bad his knee was hurting.

I heard the West is dominating in 2a.

Avery with a 13 point lead after semis. Robbinsville wrestling well just not getting enough help. Crazy to think both schools have 6 finalists and only been 1 head to head match so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT