ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

I will @SitOut tell you about the Robbinsville kid. If Avery Heavyweight wins it at individuals in a couple of weeks he will be a 4 time state champion. It will be Avery’s 2nd 4 time state champion.
That is really something for that young man to be proud of!! I sure wish him the best and will be pulling for him. A senior should never lose his last match. I really hope he walks off the mat with his 4th title! I am gonna have to figure out how to follow the tournament so I can keep track of these young men. If there is a site to watch or follow with daily updates can you post that? Or do you all do updates like you did last night? Avery must have a strong wrestling tradition.

I think the best Robbinsville has every had is a few 2-time champions. But the 182 should win his 3rd this year. The 195 is looking to be a 4-timer if no injuries knock him out. He has not been defeated yet on the mat in 2 years. He has 1 loss that was an injury default. He name is Kage Williams and will be heavily recruited.

Reactions: RealStihl
Wow that is awesome! Those two being close in weight has made great workouts at practice and elevated both of their performances I bet? They have probably pushed each other and made each other better no doubt. I hope they get their titles! I hope all the wrestlers from the West do great and have a great tournament!!

In Greensboro getting ready to watch 2a and 4a.

FK2dTt6X0AAYS9R.jpg

Congratulations Avery! Way to bring it back to the mountains! I love following this thread!

Reactions: Appvol
Robbinsville middle school win a state title by 1.
That is awesome!! So NC even has a middle school state championship? That sure is a good sign of things to come in the future for the high school team.

Did your heavyweight win who is going for his fourth title?
Yes didn’t take long. Uwharrie got big wins at 160 and 170 then won 182,195 and 220. Hwt got a pin and the freshman and sophomores at the lower weights won the next 4 matches to seal the win for Avery.

Yes didn’t take long. Uwharrie got big wins at 160 and 170 then won 182,195 and 220. Hwt got a pin and the freshman and sophomores at the lower weights won the next 4 matches to seal the win for Avery.

Thanks for the update and the video!! Wow I just watched that!! Congratulations again to your team!!

Robbinsville middle school win a state title by 1.
BK I think you guys would of beat Uwharrie worst. You guys would win 182,195 and 220. Poor ole Vance just isn’t healthy enough this year at 220. Hate for him because he is a great kid.

Yeah I think Robbinsville would beat them also. They didn't like me saying
"Good job Avery homegrownnotrecruited"
They even said their kids were local.
Lol.
Yeah local but 200,000 population to choose from and being 1a.
We have 8,000. Our whole conference doesn't have 70,000 population.
What's Avery got 15,000?

Congrats Avery. Hope you can do it again next year. I think we are 2 years away.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Robbinsville would beat them also. They didn't like me saying
"Good job Avery homegrownnotrecruited"
They even said their kids were local.
Lol.
Yeah local but 200,000 population to choose from and being 1a.
We have 8,000. Our whole conference doesn't have 70,000 population.
What's Avery got 15,000?

Congrats Avery. Hope you can do it again next year. I think we are 2 years away.
If local for UCA means four or five counties then they are all "local" then. LOL

If local for UCA means four or five counties then they are all "local" then. LOL
What made it even better Saturday Avery was able to forfeit to there 132 that transferred in because his match didn’t matter. The Uwharrie coach should of bumped him up to 138 if he wanted him to wrestle.

Reactions: BK13T-$
What made it even better Saturday Avery was able to forfeit to there 132 that transferred in because his match didn’t matter. The Uwharrie coach should of bumped him up to 138 if he wanted him to wrestle.
I have a feeling that 132 match will take place at states. UCA is building a new school that will house up to high 2A/3A numbers from what I have read. It is scheduled to open in 23 so they should be moving on up soon and staying there.

Reactions: thekidd12
I have a feeling that 132 match will take place at states. UCA is building a new school that will house up to high 2A/3A numbers from what I have read. It is scheduled to open in 23 so they should be moving on up soon and staying there.
Not unless the Uwharrie kid is going to 138. There coach should of wrestled him at 138 on Saturday. It was a dumb decision not to.

I didn't like the forfeit myself. Bentley may never get the opportunity to wrestle in the state duals final again. I heard John Mark was not happy with the coach's decision to do that.

I wouldn't exactly call Robbinsville or Avery 100 percent homegrown. Robbinsville got the Murphy kid and Hayesville kid this season. Avery got some Watauga district wrestlers on their roster as well.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Appvol
I didn't like the forfeit myself. Bentley may never get the opportunity to wrestle in the state duals final again. I heard John Mark was not happy with the coach's decision to do that.
I still think it was a dumb decision not to bump Hernandez up to 138 to wrestle Shell. Point wise it made more sense to do that. I’m sure Shell would of liked to wrestle again.

I wouldn't exactly call Robbinsville or Avery 100 percent homegrown. Robbinsville got the Murphy kid and Hayesville kid this season. Avery got some Watauga district wrestlers on their roster as well.
Did you see the finish of the UTC match. App down 4 last match and the HWT gets the pin to win it.

I still think it was a dumb decision not to bump Hernandez up to 138 to wrestle Shell. Point wise it made more sense to do that. I’m sure Shell would of liked to wrestle again.
They might not have another 32. I don't know their roster. Why forfeit at you weight just to wrestle a harder match for the fans? Reese didn't walk out against Nowell in the Avery and Robbinsville dual for the same reason. Stud on Stud doesn't make much since in a dual most of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT